: 2001 *Gated* 360 Giallo Yellow 11k miles | FerrariChat

: 2001 *Gated* 360 Giallo Yellow 11k miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by donald duck, Apr 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    #1 donald duck, Apr 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2019
    * * * * * Price Reduction * * * * *

2001 *Gated* 360 Giallo Yellow 11k miles

Currently the odometer reads 11,700.

Challenge wheel set included in the sale.

See images throughout the advert and the updated listing here: Price Reduction

* * * * * Price Reduction * * * * *

Attention shoppers,
    It's time that I pay off a mortgage and say goodbye to this awesome car.

2001 giallo yellow over black interior with yellow piping on seats. Looks great.
    11,600 miles.
    15k mile service JUST completed. belts, seals.
    I've also had Fast Cars in southern California do the sticky button job. $2500
    Full front and leading edge has clear bra on it. Completed 2 years ago. $2400
    Factory shields.
    3 keys 2 key fobs
    Runs awesome as you would expect a perfect 11k mile ferrari to run.

The only issue to report is the wavy dash. Not a perfect dash. Not horrible but depending on the temp, it's wavy in the middle toward the windscreen.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mathewr

mathewr F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Dec 7, 2011
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Full Name:
    Ferrari Wheel Guru
    Great car!

3. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    The car is in San Francisco but can help organize shipping anywhere.

4. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nice car. Should be gone quickly at that price.

5. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Thanks, famous last words : )
    I hope that it doesn't last too long.

6. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    IT'S LASTING TOO LONG! Hehe.
    Serious though, great car well sorted. Yellow is awesome on these cars. I know red seems to be the favorite, but the body shape shows so well in person.
    Open to offers.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  7. Fabate87

Fabate87 Karting

Feb 16, 2014
    Chicago
    really nice spec and well kept GLWS

8. velocegiallo

velocegiallo Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 11, 2017
    California
    Bump. They look so great in yellow.

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Is that considered to be cheap for a gated 360?

10. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Well, it doesn't seem like it's considered cheap by many. I'm thinking it's a start but cheap seems like the sub $110k range would be "cheap" for this car in it's condition.
    Anyone else have an opinion? I'm interested in hearing what others think of the current market.
    Thanks.
    I've responded to all messages and just as a heads up, I'm going away for two weeks and won't be around for replying to emails. Be patient.
    Thanks everyone.

11. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Not supposed to discuss opinions on values in sellers threads.

You could start a thread in the 360 section and ask for the same?

GLWS

12. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Can I ask opinions? as a seller? just curious.

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    The seller can certainly ask for that type of discussion in their own thread, which is what is happening here.

14. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Thanks for the clarification. That feels right.

15. jkstevens2

jkstevens2 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2015
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    JK Stevens
    Is this the ferrari where all the plastic and rubber knobs get sticky because the rubber is biodegrading? I have seen many posts where the owners state "sticky knobs" replaced.........

16. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    Interior plastics of all modern Ferraris do this with time, as do many other makes.

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Nice car, great color (yellow/black is "my thing!")

I think your position here is it's LOW miles! What everyone wishes and talks that they want.
    But, they don;t want to pay a premium over a beater, for it!

Stick to your guns, and let things percolate.
    It's rather an odd market, the 6 speeds are pushing every model as desirable.
    But you have to find that buyer.
    There are 430 coupes on top of you, younger and reaching the same range of your pricing, BUT not with 11K miles, that I have seen!!
    There's your paradox.

This I would consider almost a Time Warp example, how may 360s out there AT ALL with only 11K miles??
    You should be rewarded by what is after all "future use" you are selling, on this very nicely optioned 360.

Since you asked!!
    GLWS!

If I hit LOTTO there's this car, the 456 at Yellow Compass, it yellow/black WEEK on here!!

18. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #18 cnpapa24, May 15, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
    Do you have it advertised anywhere else? I think the color combo and miles also justify the price. A 12k mike 04 with race seats recently sold on BaT at $130k, so I think your ask is certainly within range.

19. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    BT, I’m going to respectfully disagree with you a little bit. This cars mileage while low for your average car is not extraordinarily low for a 17 year old Ferrari. I also love the color.

20. Jeffg11

Jeffg11 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff Grabowski
    Looking at your post, I see a couple things that draw instant attention. Yellow tachometers weren’t OEM, possible need to repair the dash leather. I quickly think the cluster had been apart, and a possible 5k-10k expense to recover the dash.

If I was buying a 3 pedal car, it would be because I was looking for an investment possibility. Especially if I was paying a premium. This might be why I’ve continued to shop manual prices.

There are at least 3 other yellow manuals with similar miles that I instantly compare your car to. This isn’t a knock on your car, it is only an example of what I am looking for as I shop yellow 360 manuals.

Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

21. Trouts10

Trouts10 Karting

Dec 2, 2015
    Chino Valley, AZ
    Full Name:
    Richard Heilman
    Stick (pun intended!) with your price. I may be biased, but that yellow/black combo with the yellow piping is spectacular on the Modena. I doubt there are many around with that combo. Your low mileage is a definite attraction, along with the Daytonas and shields. The yellow tach is a bit worrisome, as Jeff G. mentioned, and the dash leather bubbling is a common and frustrating problem that is expensive to repair. It doesn't look like you have Challenge grills, which might make a difference to some. I also notice your handbrake is in the off position with the car in first gear; is your handbrake working? Also a common issue with many Ferrari's of this era, although it shoul be easily corrected.

There is no doubt in my mind that Modenas with manual transmissions will escalate in value, although some say the younger generation buyers only want paddle shifters and could care less about three-pedal cars as, 1) they never learned to drive a stick car, and 2), they only want the most current technology. (However, my theory here is also that it's an adult extension of their childhood X-Box and Playstation years fiddling with their game controllers.) But as one of the last Ferrari MT models, the rarity of these three pedal cars will help increase desirability and value - just a matter of when and how much.

Good luck with the sale and I hope you get your price.

one4torque likes this.
  22. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yes.

But once you open the floor to discussion, then you're stuck with a for sale thread littered with opinions.

Ok to do, just be prepared for the peanut gallery to weigh in.

D

one4torque and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  23. 550nitis

550nitis Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2016
    Houston
  24. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Yes, I'm ok with the "peanut gallery" (so far anyway :) ).
    I appreciate all the input, it's helpful.

The e-brake works fine. The yellow tach was put in somewhere down the line, I don't know how it was installed or how extensive the removal of things needs to be in order to put that "tachy" thing in.

Yeah, that damn bubbly dash. It wasn't in the PPI then the car went back to CNC and they detailed it. Leaving some wipe marks and I think (though I know it's unsubstantiated) that they rubbed a bit too hard and didn't help the matter. What can you do. I was told by several that it's about a $5k job to fix that professionally.

Also, the sticky button job was done on this car. All parts removed, cleaned, primed and painted. Fast Cars in southern California did the job.

Let's test the waters at the "New New Low Price of ***$124,500.

25. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    How can I change the original posts price? Sorry if it's obvious.