16M market and sourcing race seats | FerrariChat

16M market and sourcing race seats

Discussion in '360/430' started by Dansage, May 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Hey everyone! I've currently got a deposit down on the following car: https://www.millermotorcars.com/2009-ferrari-f430-scuderia-16m-c-1398.htm and have a few questions:

They're asking 399k, I'm wondering what fair value on it is now as the comps seem to be fairly limited. The car has been sitting for almost a year and I realize the spec is a bit nuts so I assume I can eek out a sizable discount.

Also seeing as I don't want to destroy the white seats from dye transfer, where could I go about sourcing a set of black race seats? My dealer has told me to not go through the factory for them as the price will be obscene so I'm thinking I need to find a salvage parts car or is there another route I'm missing?

I appreciate any pointers and advice!

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I always use hammer price app to get market feel... also ferrari market letter... also see what the range your insurance carrier states for "insured value" they have

Those are good indicators

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  3. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I saw that car when I was buying mine. That car is super nice. Good luck with it if you buy it.
    There is a set of carbon (black with red stitch) on ebay

F50gta likes this.
  4. Toby Tyke

Toby Tyke Karting

Nov 15, 2017
    SoCal & Singapore
    Full Name:
    Toby Tyke
    I’ve been following the 16M market pretty closely for about a year. I bought mine in Sept 2017. The car at Miller has very Low mileage as you know. The prices advertized are very mileage dependent. That car was reduced $20k last month, again I’m sure you know that ;-).

The one at McLaren Philly is $25k cheaper as a starting point, about 2000 more miles and a more standard color,

I Guess at the end of the day it all depends how much you want Low mileage and that spec. And whether you want to pay a premium for that

Note average prices are $372k @ with the average miles on available cars of 6000 miles so I don’t think $399k is outrageous but you should have some wiggle room.

5. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Hopefully the sale-pending notice is yours. Cool car and I agree with your concerns about the white seats. When I bought my 16M it was 2.5 years old and had 575 miles on it, meaning it sat for a couple of years not driven. I had a number of issues with the car which, thankfully, were covered under the original factory warranty. The biggest PITA was a CEL which was eventually traced to a vacuum leak somewhere in the fuel system, but not before it was in the shop for longer than I owned the car and I now have a very new and updated fuel system. I also had spiderweb "cracks" on the inside of each headlamp which the factory replaced for free... thankfully, because they're super expensive.

Assuming you buy this one, good luck. They're absolutely amazing cars. I can't imagine ever selling mine.

6. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Yep sale pending notice is due to a deposit I put down. I drive my cars quite a bit so it seems I save myself from the problems that come from them sitting. Once you drove yours did the initial problems from neglect show quickly or did it take a while? My dealer will cover the cost of CPO so I don't really mind the repair bills as much as the possible downtime like you mentioned. This car also has the spiderweb cracks so to speak, how did you go about asking for the replacements that ended up making them free? Knowing it's possible I'd want to bring it up with my dealer this week before moving ahead on the purchase..Thanks!

7. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    I saw that car on Saturday, absolutely stunning combination. I would be worried about the seats as well, but they did look incredible.

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Dont forget to do a ppi , and check out the paint for damage this time ....;)

9. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I knew immediately that this post was about the Michael Fux car when I read the first sentence. I already have a higher miles 16M but it was tempting to buy this one and sell my current 16M. If I were buying it, I would find a top notch Ferrari restoration company to replace all the white leather with black alcantara with white stitching. I think the car would look great then. And nobody would care that it's not a factory original interior. There's really not all that much material in that car. So it shouldn't cost an obscene amount.

Question though - why did you put down a deposit without agreeing on a price?

10. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    BTW, every 16M I've seen has spiderweb cracks on the front bumper.

11. Russell996

Russell996 Formula 3

Sep 24, 2010
    New Forest UK
    Full Name:
    Russell
    Wonderful cars!
    I'm very surprised the car is Fuoco - I thought this colour came out after production had finished? Possibly Nuovo Rosso F1? Check under bonnet for the colour. Wing mirrors are also painted rather than carbon - option possibly?
    There are some discrepancies on the original invoice - silver callipers (they are red) - Racing Livery with Italian Flag (not the correct stripe)

12. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Considering going the replacement route on the interior....I put a deposit down since I have all intentions of buying the car but want to make sure I have everything sorted with the dealer beforehand so the car is actually drivable once I take delivery. I spent some time in it and with the white dash and the sun out the car is not possible to drive because the glare is so strong you can see whats in front of you so we need to look into remedies as far as what tinting can do, leather cleanliness, headlights, etc.

13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Congrats!
    I love my 16M....they are from end of an era at Ferrari.

14. nygts

nygts Rookie

Sep 26, 2011
    Congrats! I haven't had any issues with my 16M except the headlight hazing. Still haven't found a good solution for that, thankfully mine isn't that bad...Most specs try and shy away from a light dashboard color for the exact reason you are stating (very difficult to see with glare). I would def see what they can do about that as sunny days are best to enjoy these. Best

15. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Sorry for the delayed response, I was traveling out of the country.

The CEL showed up within a few days of owning and driving the car. Each time the dealer thought they cleared it, it showed up again. That's what lead to the car being with them more than with me.

The headlight issues were covered under the car's original warranty and didn't cost me anything, which was good because the replacement costs for these headlight assemblies is ridiculous. If memory serves... they're like $7500 each or something silly like that.

Good luck!

16. RAKLAW

RAKLAW Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2009
    Westchester,NY & Sarasota FL
    Full Name:
    RAK
    Im sure it has been suggested ,however from first hand experience I purchases a Daytona Spyder with OEM white seats and had them dyed.
    They came out beautifully and never faded or wore off on jeans or clothing.

17. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    Wow that is an amazing interior. When driving maybe put on the red Ferrari car seat covers to preserve the seats

Xtreme5053 and F50gta like this.
  18. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    the car is absolutely stunning. Good bless you............. its a "One-Off" combination. So unqiue and cool.
    I would try to source a set of black race style seats a dash or wrap the white seats with covers and see how that works.
    Other options-
    FYI- if you ever want and need to dye and repaint any leather or Vinyl surface no matter how expensive or rare or old your car/boat or plane or whatever is............. I have used this company for many years...........and they are the best from Porsche 356 to rare Ferrari cars they make materials that work and last and dont transfer to any clothing. write it down its the real deal.
    enjoy the cool car and the weekend.

https://colorplus.com/

19. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Wow - that's a pretty wild spec! Enjoy :)

20. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    I also think that is Rosso F1. As for the interior - it looks amazing, but white interior for a convertible is never a good idea, to keep it clean all the time is almost mission impossible. But the red carbon fiber looks awesome.
    It's also very surpising, that they painted the mirrors , but left the sills unpainted.