Detail/ceramic coating | FerrariChat

Detail/ceramic coating

Discussion in 'New England' started by Morgan72301, Jun 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Morgan72301

Morgan72301 Karting

Aug 12, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I’m located south of Boston and I need a new person to fully detail and possibly add ceramic coat. Any leads are much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Try Craft Detailing in Dedham. I'm not sure if they do ceramic coat, but they detail and apply Xpel. They did my wife's Porsche and did a good job.

Morgan72301 likes this.
  3. Kevin Olsen

Kevin Olsen Rookie

Mar 25, 2013
    NE Connecticut
    Brian at Nano Surfaces Solutions in Douglas Ma. just did a paint correction and ceramic coat on my 355, it came out very nicely. Brian was great to work with.
    www.nanosurfacessolutions.com

ronfrohock and Morgan72301 like this.
  4. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    What do you guys think of 'ceramic coat'? I think it's a bit misleading to call it ceramic as that implies a hard oxide layer (sorry I'm a materials engineer!). Seems more like a polymer coating that replaces waxing for a few years? I just got a new STI Type RA and might have this done after I wrap it...

5. InlineSixx

InlineSixx Karting

Apr 23, 2015
    Nashua, NH / Newport, RI
    Full Name:
    Rick

When I swung by Auto Engineering in Lexington, MA they had a 2 man team detailing a car (probably rougher than yours) and brought that thing back to life to an exceptional level. They're also priced pretty well vs. others. If it's something you'd like more info on feel free to contact me, I can at the very least get you in touch with the right people. [email protected]

Morgan72301 likes this.
  6. Kevin Olsen

Kevin Olsen Rookie

Mar 25, 2013
    NE Connecticut
    I do agree that it is not what we think of as a true ceramic, perhaps just a term that gives the the impression of that hard smooth layer that is associated with the word. I was just looking for a protective coating to cover the newly corrected paint, but did not want to do a wrap.

7. rickrack

rickrack Rookie

Dec 9, 2005
    Wakefield. MA
    Full Name:
    Rick Nelson
    Unique Car Care in Andover, MA offers ceramic coatings and has been rated one of the top detailers in the US by Autoweek Magazine.

www.uccboston.com

8. PappyDewBoston

PappyDewBoston Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2018
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Chris Nadeau
    McLaren Boston in Norwell offers ceramic coating service. My 2014 458 Nero came out flawless. Great people to deal with. Fun parking lot of preowned cars