355 fuel flap mod pics. | FerrariChat

355 fuel flap mod pics.

Discussion in '348/355' started by chaa, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Wont be to every ones tast but here goes. I was looking in the hammons magazine and saw that you could get one for the 360 but not the 355. So took my flap to an machine shop and the striped the alloy down to basics and polished and anordized it, giveing a nice brushed affect. A simple mod only costing a few £s. The pics dont do it justice, it looks great i think,and does not cost much to put back to standard.. The second third pic shows that i have replaced the small engraved horse on the gear selector with the bigger one from another ferrari ashtray, i think it looks alot better.I am also finishing of my ICE system which includes 4 Tweeters 4 6inc Mids, 2 8inc subs,all alpine and running from 2 600w amps with a Kenwood head unit. I will post pics later this week.

2. tacoz4sale

tacoz4sale Formula Junior

Dec 2, 2003
    nice fuel door.....is it chrome or brushed metal?......its kind of hard to tell from the pic...but IMO i think it looks a bit "aftermarketish" and well, it doesnt flow with the car. Its awesome that you have a 355....some day i wish i can!....oh yeah-NICE shift gate!....must be customized?.....

3. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    that looks awful- still if you like it thats all that matters!!

looks like a max power advert

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Is that an 1980's Oakley sticker on the side of the car?

I agree with 355f: if you like it that's all that matters.

5. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Like i said its about personal taste. Max power Mmmm personaly i have no problem with maxpower modders. I think every one has modded a car sometimes in there youth, i wish when i was younger and modding my ford capri by putting on steel wheel rims and crome tail pipe ends, i wish i could have had the bolt on extras that are available now. In fact car modding ideas have not changed its just got a name now like maxing in the UK.Alot of the aftermarket things that we have on our F cars have been tried and proven on modded cars on the street so therefor gaining street cred like Carbonfiber, larger wheels and big egsausts ect. I have seen some of the top end modded cars and the quality of them are second to non from paintwork and wheels to the Ice.I know we all love our Ferraris very much but just becourse we have them does not mean that they were made by gods, there is in the eyes of the indivuals room for inprovement. The idea of the 355 filler cap came from the one that is made by Hammond for the 360 so clearly the idea is not new along with there extras like sill spoilers and big wheel conversions ect.I look at some of the colour schemes patterns on the Challenge cars and i cringe.But the point of this post is to say i have no probs with maxers its only a name, look state side or any where in the world they have a name for it, like ricers ect. Hey its all good. Flame away........now!

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I actaully don't think that the cap looks bad but it is definitely different. For what it is, your machine shop did a great job.

7. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    Charlie,

Not my favorite look, but if you like it that's all that matters. I kind of like those necessary parts of the car to blend in rather than stand out.

8. adlinyusman

adlinyusman Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Malaysia
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    yeah i don't like it either, and the stickers don't do it for me. But if you're happy with it, enjoy the new look. And doesn't the horse look a bit big for the selector?