Amalgam Collection - Questions for the manufacturer. | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Amalgam Collection - Questions for the manufacturer.

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by AmalgamCollection, Oct 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

Left hand. The Prince is at the wheel. Also, this was a converted car to electric.

2. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    A 348- no way, but a 308/328 comes closer.

3. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Yes LHD, believe it was originally a US car but been heavily modified.

4. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    So...... will Amalgam also make this version.... with all the mods including the electric motor under the bonnet? :D

5. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    JLR NA just sent me an email on status of my Amalgam XKE, JLR NA thought when JLR England said it had shipped that it was coming into customs in NJ.
    He was just in the UK and found out that any and all vendors are required to ship the models back to Amalgam for a re inspection to insure that the models are in perfect condition for the clients to maintain their reputation. Said that this usually takes up to two weeks and are the reasons for the delay in shipping.
    Order this over a month ago but happy about the re inspection so know I am getting a pristine model !

Hope to get it soon !!!!!

6. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
  7. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Glad to read that Amalgam is making improvements on their quality control; this was VERY necessary as I had to return two recently because of defects and assembly imperfections.

8. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    FED EX just delivered Amalgam XKE tonight.
    Came on a wood pallet but seem to have some box damage. FedEx guy said to open box to see if it affected the Amalgam Model.
    Model was super protected and no apparent damage to XKE.
    Will post pictures of unboxing in the next few days.

Mike

9. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Lucky you as at least you got something! I waited more than a year for my Tailor Made 458 GTE (and paid 14K EUR) and still not completed... and I even dont get any response from their sales representative in Germany as Dedication Plate is still missing so are the Display stands. And not even an answer! Horrible!

10. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Unpacking the XKE wasn't worth doing photo's. Foam wrapping on display case was tore and did not look like professional packing, I think that this was done at the customs inspection when they tried to repack item.
    I have had other items scratch and nick having going through customs so not blaming Amalgam.
    Only issue was that after displaying Model for a couple of hours I notice that both hood chrome trim pieces came out of their grooves as they seem to be pressed in and not glued. Hoping that it just due to an environmental change heat and humidity, tape them back into position and will leave the tape on for a few days.
    All in all this in one gorgeous Model.

11. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    That foam wrap does usually tear, if not during shipping you most certainly will tear it upon unpacking. The chrome pieces you mention should NOT need repair considering the cost of the replica! We'd love to see photos of your acquisition after the tape is removed.

For those whom have some modeling skills Deagostini is offering a British Green coupe by subscription:
    https://www.model-space.com/us/build-jaguar-etype.html

It won't be as good in quality as the Amalgam, but it is acceptible considering the cost difference, i am building this and the wire wheels are gorgeous.

Lusso123 likes this.
  12. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

I completely agree, especially regarding the problem with the chrome pieces - absolutely nothing should need attention.

13. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike

David,

I also look into this Deagostini Jaguar but seem like it would take a couple years to get all the parts to finish this Model.

Pictures of the finished Model look great but at my age I wasn't really willing to wait that long.

Contacted Amalgam about my issues and will post their reply's when I get them.

Good luck on your Jaguar build.

Mike

14. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Quick update on my Amalgam Jaguar XKE issues, see photo.
    Got a super fast fast response from a Ian at Amalgam and hope to get this work out with them soon. I am hoping that they send me a new replacement hood and I will return the defective one back to them, only looks like 2 screws to replace.

Stay tuned,
    Mike
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Good luck, with the replacement hood. Hope it all goes smoothly and there will not be any fit issues with the new piece.

16. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I had a couple minor things on my models. At least in my case the Amalgam team took care of everything to my satisfaction. I hope all goes well for you.

17. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    So much for 'improved quality control'-not!

Lusso123 likes this.
  18. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Do these Models come with any paperwork as I received absolutey nothing ?

19. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Some do and some do not. I don't know what the reasoning is. I think you should inquire, it might have been an oversight, or might be the current standard.

20. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

My 1:8 models all came simple opening instructions (one page print out). I believe they also came with a certificate of ownership with the number.

21. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    wolfB1958 likes this.
  22. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Quick update on Amalgam's response to my issues and on any paperwork/certificates with this Model.

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the delay but I have checked and we will need to repair this model back in Bristol.

I will ask my colleagues to provide a shipping quote first for you to check.

Regarding the paperwork, all our models come with a certificate but this was a special edition produced for Jaguar. My colleagues will check if we produced certificates for Jaguar and organise a replacement.

Kind regards,

Ian

Ian Jones
    International Sales Manager

23. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017

While this may be inconvenient, I think it’s best. I would much prefer they handle repairs. I give them cedit.

24. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Latest update from Amalgam,

Hi Mike,

To confirm, we have received your Jaguar E-Type Hood back at our UK workshop and all looks to be fine, I must say it was very well packed – good job!!

Ian will be discussing this with the team here early next week at which point we should be able to provide an update for you.

Kind Regards,

Gary Solan
    Logistics Manager

25. harleyx49

harleyx49 Karting

Jun 26, 2013
    Hutchinson, MN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Repaired Hood came back and looks great, also receive COA for the Model.
    No repair or shipping costs to me, very pleased with Amalgam's response to my issues.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Rosey and Rossocorsa1 like this.