Maranello Factory Tour: any tips? | FerrariChat

Maranello Factory Tour: any tips?

Discussion in '348/355' started by mshobe, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    Have a family trip to Italy coming up at the end of June, and one of the last items is a Ferrari Factory Tour. Really looking forward to the whole experience with my two oldest sons, along with trips to Lamborghini and Pagani. (Was the whole vacation designed as an excuse to end with these destinations? I'll never tell.)

For those who've already been: anything we should try to do while on the grounds, or any related driving experiences in the vicinity, to really top this experience off?

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Eat at the Montana restaurant for dinner near the fiorano track... Epic food. You will need reservations.

Also buy lots of balsamic...

Robb

mshobe and SAFE4NOW like this.
  3. 355rockit

355rockit Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2010
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Vas
    I did Ferrari and Pagani tours, but also did Maserati. The Maserati tour was very interesting and gives an interesting contrast to the Ferrari factory. Don't forget to check out the Enzo Museum.

Robb and SAFE4NOW like this.
  4. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    When you say "Ferrari Factory Tour" are you talking about the one that is strict to those who previously got the invitation from their dealers?

I think you already know, but there are two museums, Galleria Ferrari in Maranello and Museo Casa Enzo Ferrari in Modena, both worth the visit. In the avenue that links Maranello and Fiorano there is a number of rental companies, in case you want to drive a specific Ferrari model. Other than that, Maranello and Fiorano are just industrial cities with nothing else interesting apart from Ferrari.

In Modena there is "Osteria Francescana", considered for many years the best restaurants in the world. Some people say it's overhyped and overpriced and thus prefer "Antica Moka". That being said, Bologna is awesome if great food is in your itinerary.

Are you going to Milan too? If yes, don't miss the Alfa Romeo Museum in the outskirts of the city, really worth the visit. Also nearby there is Monza, where probably there will be a race or a trackday happening almost every weekend.

5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Look for all the factory tour tip threads - mainly in the first general section

6. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    The one advise for your visit to the factory is do NOT wear open shoes!! You will not be allowed on the factory floor. As for the rest, much to see and do in and around Maranello. If you have your own transport drive up the hills just outside Maranello. Complete different surroundings!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

mshobe likes this.
  7. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Have your local Ferrari dealer arrange the Ferrari factory at Maranello tour.

8. mshobe

mshobe Karting

Mar 28, 2015
    Seattle-ish
    To be clear, Ferrari of Seattle did arrange the tour and I had to pay a small amount for the July date appointment. We've also got a Pagani visit booked (should be fascinating) and generally planning to hit Lamborghini's museum too.

I will check the other general threads – should've known this was FAQ-ready material. To be more precise, if anyone has particular recs on the rental companies, I think it might be fun to take a 430 or 488 out for a bit of an unwind. Otherwise I'll just trust the internets.

@Robb - thanks for the Montana tip - Bologna and its surroundings promises to be a food highlight in a two week parade of food highlights. Cannot wait.

@Flavio_C - unfortunately we don't have much time in Milano; just flying out from there (I lived there for a year or so as a child, so it really deserves its own revisit trip someday) but I'm definitely checking the Monza schedule for the afternoon we travel there!

@Dino2400 - great tip! Wasn't thinking about footwear and I'll probably have some sandals along – this being a swords-and-sandals family epic and all.

9. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I would ask your dealer to specifically request that you see the Classiche department. It was not on my regular tour (though I'm told that it is sometimes), but since I had pre-approval in an email, I was able to go back that afternoon and they took me in there. It was my favorite part of the tour.

mshobe likes this.
  10. Dino2400

Dino2400 Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 21, 2009
    A lady in our group was denied access to the tour while wearing sandals. She had to get normal shoes otherwise she would not be allowed inside the factory.
    I've been in and around Maranello for one week and had great fun. You might want to read about it in this thread:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/took-delivery-of-my-mondial-today.346390/page-3

Enjoy your visit!

Maarten

mshobe likes this.