its time now, lebron vs MJ! | FerrariChat

its time now, lebron vs MJ!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 95spiderman, May 27, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    As someone who watched mj live and on tv, I never thought anyone would ever come close. Well its happening and the debate can begin. Lebron is now without doubt 2nd greatest ever and has chance to become goat. My take.

for lebron.
    No one ever did more with less. He take teams that should be in lottery to finals over and over. When hes with clev or miami, they win championships. He leaves clev and miami, they win 20 games. No one is more involved in every aspect of game than him. Hes the scorer, play maker, defender, rebounder, plays 45 minutes, brings the ball up court. Never gets tired or hurt. Can score from deep 3, dribble penetrate, post up, mid range, free throws. Continues to improve every year.

for MJ
    never lost. 6-0 finals, 6 mvps. wouldve been 8-0 without baseball stupidity. Best psyche, mental strength of anyone. Would shoot free throws w eyes closed to freak out opponents. On and on....hes mj!

verdict
    year mj left for baseball, bulls still won 54 games and should have beaten my knicks in east finals if it wasn't for insane ref calling phantom foul on pippen. They then easily could've won it all without mj. Put any other all star on cavs and they maybe .500. Watch what happens to them next yr when he leaves. 15 wins.
    So right now its still mj imo but give leb few more yrs of this and the inconceivable could happen.

(And if anyone wants to put another player into the discussion, dont! Just means you dont know basketball. Especially if you want to mention kobe)

bball16 and Mang like this.
  2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What impresses me most about L James overall picture are his assists.

"I am weak-ish on snatch" ~ joker57676

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Exactly. Mj would also fill up box score w assists, rebounds, and steals but he had others on team to do those things so all he had to focus on was scoring. Pippen guarded opponents best scorer and he could also bring the ball up. Rodman would cover the rebouds and play lock down defense. Leb has to do all those things himself yet still manages to score huge numbers. And he scores efficiently with 55% fg percentage. Mj had plenty of 10 for 40 nights (but then always seemed to add 15/15 free throws to the game too). Leb is like a super athletic magic johnson who also has a better shot. Only knock on leb is his early playoff failures (chokes) but they were 10 yrs ago when he was still a kid. Very mentally strong now.

4. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Yep. There was a definitely a time when he choked hard, and his arrogance personified brought out schadenfreude en masse (I'm guilty as any), but that time has passed.

Speaking of "passed" again - when he hardballs one- or two-handed cross-court passes between players on the move is one thing of beauty-meeting-beast mode, but the authority on some of those bounce passes going beneath, between and behind means everyone on the floor needs to be on their toes. I don't know how much viewers aside from us appreciate that, but damn!

He's on the court, not the bench or injury list & has earned his place in the pantheon of greats.

5. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Yes those passes are amazing. How about the full court 'flick' to george hill at end of game? (Btw, hill made great finish to avoid harfords block attempt). He lulled boston to sleep by bringing ball up slowly to milk clock then seized moment to throw perfect aaron rogers bomb. And he only used his fingers and wrist. Imagine how far he could throw a ball if he trained for it like a qb? What an athlete

6. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm sorry, and perhaps it's because I grew up watching the NC and the Bulls, but I don't think LeBron holds a candle to Michael Jordan. Jordan was an artist. He changed the face of basketball. Not only was MJ a consistent scoring machine and excellent on defense (nine time all defense first team), he also racked up not one but two three peats in his career. Sure James is a great passer, but Jordan didn't need to be - he could score from virtually anywhere at will. James is also a tremendous flopper - which ruins watching his games for me. It's an unfortunate part of the game we watch today versus what it was in Jordan's time; where I don't think James would have stood out like he does today.

ShineKen and ag512bbi like this.
  7. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    It ain't time yet. LeBron isn't even done yet.
    Bad Timing.

Besides, LeBron wins games. MJ "WINS" Championships.
    Yes Capital "WINS"

That being said: Go LeBron and the CAVS!!!!!

8. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If MJ played today he would have been even better. He played in an era where teams actually played real hard and physical defense. There were games where MJ would get the crap kicked out of him (Oakley and the Knicks and Detroit) and he would just keep coming at you. I don't deny that LeBron is great, but he isn't facing the kind of physicality that MJ saw night after night.

ShineKen and JAM1 like this.
  9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    but leb would benefit from physical play bc hes much stronger and bigger than competition. mj was more finesse player.

10. 2MS

2MS Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    My 2cents.

Everyone wanted to be MJ, I don't know anyone that wants to be LJ...

ShineKen and JAM1 like this.
  11. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    When LJ gets drafted by the Looney Tunes, we'll know he's MJ's equal. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

Jaguar36 and bball16 like this.
  12. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree with this.

James is an incredible talent, no denying that, but MJ is still the real king.

bball16 likes this.
  13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I see what you did there lol

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  14. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nope still a non discussion.

ShineKen likes this.
  15. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    In so many words, the original post declared that since MJ enriched the game and then some, not one player could ever come close to being GOAT (which majority of fans, even non-fans believe to be MJ).

Instead, LJ has been stated to currently be "2nd greatest ever" and has a chance to surpass MJ.

Chance notwithstanding, is LJ 2nd compared to all previous greats?

16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    no one else can compare to lj for 2nd best. magic, bird, kareem, dr j, oscar, kobe, etc are all distant 3rd place and below.

ag512bbi likes this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Russell Westbrook must be giving him style tips now

19. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Didn't Jordan not start playing basketball until 10th grde and do terribly?

20. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i think he got cut from freshman team but since he started as a freshman for tar heals i would say he improved quickly

21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    lj needs to go to houston next yr and teach gsw a lesson! maybe new orleans or even okc. or if he wants to stay in east, boston, philly, etc. go for 1 yr for free without salary, sweep gsw, then return to cleve again to finish out career. cant stand another yr of coronation for warriors.

TexasF355F1 likes this.
  22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    While Lebron deserves credit for helping his team get to the finals so many years in a row, his teams haven't won those finals like Michael's did. If not for his diversion into baseball, I think that Jordan's Bulls would have won eight straight championships.

I will agree that Lebron has probably cemented his status as #2, as I agree that all the other pretenders since Jordan retired have all come up a bit short. I remember all the talk about Kobe being the guy, but he was never quite dominant enough.

And for this year? I think that you can put a fork in the Cavaliers. They'll win at least one game but they won't come back from a deficit like that.

bball16 likes this.
  23. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I agree with this. Lebron will always play second fiddle to MJ.

Needless to say that last night was like a game 7 - winner of it will win this year's title, loser of it has no chance of coming back.

bball16 likes this.
  24. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Lebron was already on vacation................................

bball16 likes this.
  25. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    there was never a chance of cavs winning this series. they lost 4-1 last yr with kyrie so was a guaranteed sweep this year. gsw are most dominant team ive ever seen including 90's Yankees and 2000s patriots. they will win every yr for 5 yrs unless catastrophic injuries.
    I remember Yankees in 70's were going to get a superstar and commissioner vetoed the deal bc would've upset balance of baseball. should've done same w Durant. gsw had best season in history and then they add Durant! insane

bball16 likes this.