X-pipe 360 Fabspeed | Page 2 | FerrariChat

X-pipe 360 Fabspeed

Discussion in '360/430' started by RANDY6005, Jun 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Hell yes allot more air flow, on the stock air tube there a big whole so wend you wash your car or it rains it drains out . There is still a hole on the Challenge tube but allot smaller

2. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Problem is making something to fit my gruppe m airbox

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    02360Spider are you about talking exhaust system ?

4. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    The challenge air tube

5. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    INTAKE DUCTING
    [​IMG]
    Part #182867
    Ferrari 360 Challenge (2000)

#182867: INTAKE DUCTING

NEW
    To Order
    Subject to Availability
    $152.62 Each

AIR INTAKE
    [​IMG]
    Part #181472
    Ferrari 360 Challenge (2000)

#181472: AIR INTAKE

NEW
    To Order
    Subject to Availability
    $549.28 Each

Ferrparts has the tube on ebay, do not know where you can the carbon air intake

02360spider likes this.
  6. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    I would never buy from ferrpart they screwed me for a really lot of money.

7. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    What happen at Ferrparts ? I mostly deal with Euospares now, I hate to say it but you have to watch them all .

8. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Randy, it looks like your car is starting to be a finished version of mine! I also have the Challenge intake duct and inlet piece. Problem when I went to install it was the inlet was hitting the gas filler tube. Since the Challenge has it up on the sail plane, it's not an issue with that car so how did you get around this? Also, what mods did you have to do to the airbox to connect the duct?

9. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I ended up getting the carbon intake off ebay for a steal...think I paid less then $200 for it and then I removed the black paint, exposing the carbon below it. Only issue I had was the intake is a larger diameter and longer and it hits the gas filler piping. Ducting came from Eurospares which is my go to for almost all my parts now.

10. Joe@Fabspeed

Joe@Fabspeed Karting
    Sponsor

Jul 1, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe Fabiani
    HI Everyone
    Its Joe Fabiani from Fabspeed Motorsport USA.
    I also have a Ferrari 360 spider and I used my car and customers 360 Challenge stradales and Challenge race cars to design, dyno develop and street and race car test our headers, sports race catalytic converters with HJS 200 CPSI cores and catbypass pipes and our rear maxflo and raer lightweight race X pipe for these wonderful cars.

Please remember that all these late model Ferrari cars are wonderful yes..........but their OEM exhaust on 360 and all 430 cars typically have 6 catalytic converters installed by the factory along with a super heavy rear muffler. The US headers on 360/430 cars have a primary catalytic converter and then each catalytic converter pipe or exhaust bank OEM Ferrari has 2 more cats.

To an Ferrari owner replacing components with race quality highflow headers and sports racing catalytic converters 200 cell HJS German imported cores really and truly "UnCorks" the cars engine and allows it to really breathe and exhale.

Its all simply a sliding scale of what level of power and sportscar sound loudness aggressive sound that a Ferrari owner often likes and that separates their cars from the stock cars. The Carbon fiber air-box coverlids also with BMC F1 airfilters improves air-intake flow so much that another +10HP is immediately .

Cruise by Fabspeed if your are closeby as we typically have various 430, 458 and 488 cars in for proven dyno developed systems. We can give you all a tour of the facility and my guys can show you the stock parts and what challenges the OEM manufacturers faced and what Fabspeed Motorsport has designed and engineered to wake up these amazing cars.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Stealthssfc likes this.
  11. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Hey Gostdriver I just noticed that I was having a hard time filling up gas and have not corrected yet . Just part of doing a big build I am working out the small details now . We had to cut the airbox down to where the outside diameter match the intake tube and welded in matching aluminum tube very tricky you have to have a highly skilled welder so not to distort the airbox here is some pics. If you need help with your airbox let me know my welder already has the stuff and talent for a very good price.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Ghostdiver and 02360spider like this.
  13. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Russ sold me a 02 360 spider listed on ebay as airbags not deployed and had a title, when I received the car there was no title and the airbags where deployed they cut them and stuffed them back in.also the car had many parts missing like it was being parted out.i reached out to russ and asked for a title they gave me the run around for months it took me almost 3 years and another state to get a title.i lost $15k on the car I also purchased parts for them while I was waiting for a title he emailed me what I was paying for then when parts arrived stuff was missing. I have so many emails from russ and Doug at ferrparts there not good people when I asked for the parts missing like every fender liners all 4 the battery cover, etc they wanted me to pay for it lol.when I talked to russ on the phone before buying the car he said front left damage only lol yeah right the top would not close the rear quarter damaged both side skirts damaged rear under body damaged and a peice hanging passenger fender damaged soft top window separated from the top.i asked russ for another car trade up cash on my end or down and he said he could sell it for me guy is smoking crack. But I guess he won because nothing happened to him or his company and I got screwed but I tell everyone they are no good after running the car fax on the car it was listed as salvage junk probably why I didn't get a title from him but oh well I lost some money.

14. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Man I do not now what to say OMG

02360spider likes this.
  15. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Yeah tell me about it lol it was my first dive it to Ferrari life and I was so excited. I remember calling russ after the wire transfer and asking him if he drives a ferrari about upgrades he was a nice guy on the phone till I got the car lol.

16. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    But then I found my 00 360 euro in the auction she was neglected but at $40k I was happy and still am.i love when I leave to go to work I always go through my garage and it always puts a smile on my face to see it.

17. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    not FUNNY at all REMEMBER KARMA is a *****

02360spider likes this.
  18. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3