: 2001 *Gated* 360 Giallo Yellow 11k miles | Page 2 | FerrariChat

: 2001 *Gated* 360 Giallo Yellow 11k miles

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by donald duck, Apr 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Great car and my favorite color! :) A lot going for it; low miles, stick, shields, Daytonas, piping. The right buyer will come along, so be patient.

I might have recovered the dash before listing it.

2. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    OK gang, I'm going to get the car posted on Bring a Trailer. Here's a last ditch effort to close a deal before it gets on there.
    New Low price!
    $112,000.
    Pick up a (nearly) perfect 11k mile manual Ferrari and enjoy. A few years from now, you'll make money. We all know where these are headed even though right now it's a soft market. These are the times to buy.
    $112k and it's yours.

3. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    FWIW, if I were in the market for a 360, I would be seriously considering your car. I wouldn’t be comfy with too many fewer miles honestly, and the color and transmission are big pluses in my book. I still think there’s plenty of room to buy and enjoy this car and not come close to losing money. That’s a good place to be with a car!

G. Pepper likes this.
  4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You can just drop the ask in posts, as you are doing, or if you "report post" using that feature, a Mod will come around (in due time) and edit the Thread Title.

No way mere mortals can do it!

5. five2five

five2five Karting

Dec 17, 2017
    I suggest you figure out the answer to the question why your speedo’s Yellow when they did not come in that color and it was not an option to add, before you post on BaT. The BaT crowd will chew you up on that alone!

G. Pepper likes this.
  6. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Awesome car! There's a similar stick shift gallardo for sale here thats nice but I like this more. Glws

how many owners? Important to know esp considering all the odometer controversies on low milage exotics.

7. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I never understood why number of owners mattered. I bought a murcielago and didn't like it and sold it in 4 or 5 months. I imagine most guys paying $200-400k for these exotics new dont really hold on forever. I've seen cars with 7 or 8 owners and people say it had too many owners and I dont get it. I understand if its bc you think its troublesome and thats why everyone dumped it but this car is 18 years old, i dont know how many owners its had but i dont think its wild if it had 5-7 owners in such a timeframe.

Ron328 likes this.
  8. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    The idea is, if there were nothing but short term owners, then none of them were likely true enthusiasts, and there's a chance the car wasn't maintained very well. This was the case with my 360, which had telltale signs like mismatched fuel pumps. I've got the drivetrain and electricals sorted out, but it was quite expensive. Six owners.

efg2014 and Stentboy like this.
  9. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Thanks for the tip on changing the post. Also agree about the speedo thing. I'm not sure I'll come up with an answer easily. I think the carfax shows 6 owners but it looks like two of them where dealer situations.
    I haven't seen anything to tell me that the car was unloved. It has at the very least been brought up to fighting shape with the work I just did. He went through it all and there is no internal work that needs to be done. That dash and a yellow stick on tach, two known problems : )

10. G. Pepper

Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I would just mention those on a BaT ad. If you don't know where the yellow tach came from, that's an honest acknowledgment.

11. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    The yellow tach is a face plate available for purchase from Ricambi and is a very easy and popular mod for 360 owners to replace the black tach face plate with a yellow one like in the Challenge Stradale

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

G. Pepper likes this.
  12. five2five

five2five Karting

Dec 17, 2017
    Have you had a Ferrari dealer run your VIN to see if the cam variator issue has been addressed?! BaT crowd will ask you that! Also I suggest you take the car to your dealership and get a PPI and post The PPI along with all the other paperwork and receipts you have for the car. Otherwise you’d be driving the car back and forth multiple times to get PPI ‘s requested by interested buyers on BaT.

13. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    hmmm i imagine buyer would want their own ppi done and not one from the owner. that seems strange to me.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  14. five2five

five2five Karting

Dec 17, 2017
    I said get a PPI from the dealer so it’s legit. I didn’t say take the car to your am/pm gas station for a PPI!

15. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    My unscientific observation is that cars posted here usually take 3-6months to sell. If it doesn't then something isn't right. That could mean the price,condition, photo or the economy. The 1st 360 I saw was a yellow coupe back in 2000. My neighbor across the street bought it. Though on very friendly terms with him and his wife, the guy would not give me a ride in it! Good luck.

16. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Regarding the variators that everyone is so paranoid about, take a look at the front outer corner of the red valve cover on each side of the engine. See if there is a "VD" stamped in the metal anywhere up there. If there is, take a picture of it. That's evidence of a variator change to the new style. People will ask about it and you can get that as prelim evidence. Ferrari dealerships probably won't tell you squat about the car or its records, so write down all that you can when you call over the phone. They'll cite privacy as the reason rather than redact the name.

Also consider pulling the Carfax so others can see the history of the car based on what was reported. Good luck with the sale! Looks like a nice car!

17. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Great car and well priced. It’s a 17 yo car and while imperfect as all 17 yo cars are, it truly presents well. At your original price perhaps nit picking was justified. At your current level you’ve given the new owner room to go IMHO.
    I think as others have suggested addressing or clarifying the remaining issues like the take and Varriators will help. Then wait for the buyer. It’s an unlimited browsing market but a more limited buyer market. Especially if the car will be collected or join a collection. It does take time to sell. GLWS. Great color. Truly a classic. We all love Giallo- we all don’t buy it though. I would but my wife won’t let me

18. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Thanks for the advice and tips. I'll have a look.
    I washed the car yesterday to get a couple more pictures of it. Looking good.

Yeah, getting old records are stupid hard. Annoying. My shop mentioned that there hasn't been any serious work done, no damage or obvious replaced parts.

I will let a buyer pick a shop if they want a PPI. I'll facilitate.

19. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Awesome car- my preferred color combo- price not overly ambitious. Yellow/Black/6-Speed.... VERY desirable car.

I think all of us amateur car sellers need to remember- it takes time to sell something that is expensive- in many cases MONTHS-

I think people who post a desirable car at a reasonable price expect it to sell within days- but that is not reality.

Also keep in mind newer members, many who have joined only for the benfit of listing their car for sale, will have a slightly harder time selling than a more established member of Fchat.

GLWS!

20. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
  21. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
  22. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    oops, sorry

23. five2five

five2five Karting

Dec 17, 2017
    I suggest you post receipts with “paid” stamped on it or some kind of documentation showing that the work was done/completed and paid for.

24. donald duck

donald duck Rookie

Jan 13, 2016
    Oh brother. I suppose that there are liars and thieves in all corners. No reason to trust me.
    He didn't stamp it paid. Call Danny at Dino motors for those interested. the work was completed.
    He's a great guy and does good work for those of you in the SF bay area. I do recommend.

dhari likes this.
  25. Richard Keller

Jun 5, 2018
    Full Name:
    Richard Keller
    A nice 6 speed Black with records and sticky fixed etc just went for exactly 100,000 on BAT last week. That’s the price. More miles but not extreme diff compared to dash/rehab to match condition.