355 Spider Manual Convertible Top Conversion | FerrariChat

355 Spider Manual Convertible Top Conversion

Discussion in '348/355' started by JRLew, Jun 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JRLew

JRLew Karting

Jul 12, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Hey all,

I stumbled upon a 355 auction from 2016 on Bring a Trailer that had a manual convertible top conversion performed. In the description, the owner mentions that "The black convertible top has been professionally converted for full-manual operation. The upper hydraulic lifters and carrier bearings are included with the sale should the new owner want to convert it back to power operation"

Has anybody here had a similar "conversion" performed? If so, do you have a recommended shop or maybe high level work instructions that I can describe to my mechanic? The power top is not worth the hassle or stress for me and I would like to convert mine just like this seller, with the ability to re-convert it to stock power operation if desired.

Link to auction: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1997-ferrari-355-spider/

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    How professional do you need it to be? :)

3. JRLew

JRLew Karting

Jul 12, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I mean, that may work? Lol. I don't mind wrenching. That video is filmed after the work has been done so it makes it a little harder but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

4. Lionworks Auto

Lionworks Auto Formula 3

Oct 16, 2013
    Worthington OH
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I’ve known several who have performed this based on the video and it works like a charm. I have on my list to do one weekend too.,.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell