FF values. What's going on? | Page 8 | FerrariChat

FF values. What's going on?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by puckybadger, Apr 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dmundy

dmundy Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 11, 2010
    Unspecified
    Full Name:
    Arthur Dent
    I suspect this is regional. My dealer (Houston) is looking for FF’s/Lusso’s or at least was a month ago.

These are cars. Cars are depreciating assets. High end luxury cars usually take a really big hit the first two years.

Specifically to FF’s you have a new styling language for the brand that is love it/hate it. I love it, but many don’t. Add that to the fact that the V12 Ferrari’s tend to drop like rocks in value once they start down, and the pricing fall is usually accelerated for 2+2’s. Wether this is good or bad just depends on if you are buying or selling.

It’s by no means the fastest car I’ve driven. But for my tastes and purposes it’s one of the best cars I’ve driven. I love it. So I’m biased.

anunakki, Caeruleus11, ANOpax and 2 others like this.
  2. Jack-Porsche

Jack-Porsche Karting

Oct 30, 2016
    USA
    The FF is one of my favorite modern cars! I love the styling, and the thoughtful engineering. I just found two listed in the $130’s with a quick autotrader search. When these get below $100, I may be a buyer.

3. ring007

ring007 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Market price point:
    Just bought:
    Grigio Silverstone/Cuoio
    Pristine
    1-owner
    2,100 miles
    $393k original msrp
    Paid $157k

I definitely paid a premium for the low miles. Have been looking for a couple months.
    Seems that a typical car for sale is either black or white exterior with a $340-360k original msrp. Higher MSRP cars with more carbon/leather and non-black or white cars sell for a small premium.

I could have paid $155 for a Maranello/cuoio with 9k miles with $360k msrp, $151 for a 5,000 mile black/black car or $147 for a black/red 10,000 mile car. Both black cars had original msrp of $400k +\-

Hope the info helps those looking in the current market.

epah, otakki, BaronM69 and 1 other person like this.
  4. ring007

ring007 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Cars listed at $130 either have lots of owners, poorly maintained, have bad carfax with previous damage, or all of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MedinaCustomClassics likes this.
  5. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Off Topic:
    Someday I want to hear your thoughts about the 308 and 360. The 308 was my dream car for a long time and the 360 seems modern enough that I could enjoy. My brother got all the mechanic genes...
    Carry On:

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. Jack-Porsche

Jack-Porsche Karting

Oct 30, 2016
    USA
    There is one at Porsche of Fresno right now...one owner for $127,000

7. jet

jet Formula Junior

Apr 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    It has 48k miles.

8. ring007

ring007 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Correct with 48,000 miles.

9. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Honestly, I can't go back as far as the 308 and be satisfied with the performance and characteristics of a car. It's a hoot to drive, but it's not capable or civilized enough. That's why I got the 360; it's perfect in terms of being modern enough to be civilized and exciting in terms of performance, but it has a manual, so very engaging. I'll never sell it. The 308, OTOH, I'll sell the minute the market shows some life. Not sorry I bought it, as it was a bucket list car, but it was objectively a letdown.

jumpinjohn likes this.
  10. Jack-Porsche

Jack-Porsche Karting

Oct 30, 2016
    USA
    Surely that isn’t too many? There are others in the $130’s right now with 15,000 miles. The car is dropping and represents a great value

11. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    The one in fresno is my car, 1 owner, maintained at Ferrari of Beverly Hills, no carfax problems, and warranty !, yes it has miles as I used it daily :)))

12. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    What did you trade it in on?

13. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks!
    That is exactly what I wanted to know and what I suspected...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

G. Pepper likes this.
  14. ring007

ring007 Karting

Oct 13, 2008
    Yes I would consider that to be too many miles.
    Agree FF is a good value now.

15. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Non-CPO and nondealers certainly mean better prices.

15000 miles are not that much. I get to that in around one and a half year.

Bundy likes this.
  16. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    I own a 2012 FF and I have to say I agree with you - the FF does everything and nothing, and the outrageous repair costs will keep values suppressed in the future. $60k maybe a bit low, just because I think there are many people who would love to jump on the brand for $80-$100k and will, a desirable modern v12 Ferrari for under $100k is a great deal, can’t touch a 599 for anywhere near that and certainly not a 550/575... 612 is not that desearable I don’t think, that said, that single biggest issue I have is the brand association, which I do not like as it reminds many people of the bifurcation in our system / society more than any other brand ... rightly or wrongly, F cars - I find - are associated with the unfair reallocation of wealth... and I’ve discussed this with several people, and they came out and said it... but that’s just my opinion from owning several other exotic brands, none of which gets this reaction... I think the biggest direct competition I see for the FF is the new E63 AMG wagon, maybe the Panamera, but the AMG is just superb in every way, does not hit the “blood flow” factor us as much. I’ll grant you that ... but much easier to repair and much much easier to deal with the mothership’s operations and logistics group

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  17. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    I grabbed a 20k mile red/tan 575 last nov for $104k its still doable under $100k if the miles are high imo I think there's one on ebay now in the 80s

18. speef

speef Karting

Oct 28, 2011
    That’s a great deal, and a wonderful car, I have a 550 which I think is one of the best cars ever made ... rough ones for $100k certainly doable

19. MedinaCustomClassics

Dec 7, 2006
    Medina, Washington
    Full Name:
    Mark H
    The FF will never drop below 100K. Earlier models with low options and undesirable color combos and high mileage will get down in the $130K range, but a 2014 and newer FF with the right color combo and options will never drop below 160 to 170K.

20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    There are already several nice FF's on Autotrader for under $150K. I've been following 2+2's since the '70's, and they all go very low, sometimes for many years, before they head up again. The first one I fell in love with, the 365 GTC/4 2+2, was dirt cheap for decades. Now nice ones are over $300K. Many very nice 456M's that had $230K+ sticker prices are still in the $60K range, unless they have manuals (And they are rare compared to the FF). The FF won't be any different. They will bottom out about five years after the platform is retired, so in the 2020's when the Lusso has been gone a while. I fully expect to see $100K FF's within five years. The FUV and a purported return of a 2+2 GT could then keep them low for a long, long time.

Texas Forever and dustman like this.
  21. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I don’t think the FF compares with Ferrari’s previous models. It’s shooting brake form is unique and unlike Ferrari’s previous 2 plus 2 GTs. Most of those did not become collectible. Are 456 or 612 prices rising? Both of those models are arguably more elegant in terms of design and have more traditional Ferrari DNA.

The Lusso has attained collectible status. Steve McQueen may have helped to Add a little cult status too. .

IMO we could see FF prices continue to fall a bit further, sub 100K and sub 90K.

Texas Forever and dustman like this.
  22. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Actually, 456 prices are slowly rising. Over the past couple of years, the avg price for good example GTAs has risen from the 50k range to the 60-70k range. As George mentioned, GTs (6MT) cars are typically back to well north of $100k with good ones in the $120-135k range. The 456 bounced off it's $45k bottom about 4-5 yrs ago.

612s don't seem be be sagging any further either. As a 456 owner, I don't think the 612 is near as beautiful a design but they are a hell of a car and I doubt they will do anything but slide slowly up in value from here. Nothing explosive or "collectable" but no more downward either.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

puckybadger and G. Pepper like this.
  23. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    purchased a Audi R8 exclusive great daily car, I loved my FF and used it daily, took trips, went to ski with family , went to car week etc I can’t say enough good things about the car, I will probably purchase another Ferrari in future but since I really drive my cars have to pick the model carefully and would never purchase new, I know people think that 48,000 miles is a lot ( because people just don’t drive these cars ) it’s a mental thing, modern engines can easily go 200,000 miles without major issues

timjen88, MalibuGuy and G. Pepper like this.