f car newb... picking up 360 modena this weekend | Page 3 | FerrariChat

f car newb... picking up 360 modena this weekend

Discussion in '360/430' started by one4torque, Jun 3, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Our 80lb gsd (german shepherd) must be excited as she woke me up at 4:30 just to play.

Ferr308- big day today... like the day i got my 1st car in 1985- a very beat but running 69 firebird.

Abs- thx bud.

Tim- have positive mechanical thoughts for me. No breakdowns and lots of good noises on order.

Ar4- thx

Jay- agree.. my eyes wandered to an 04 sil blue spider mt car in austin ... but i quickly came back 2 this model coupe w that red. Fiorina.

Im off shortly.

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    It is nice to see someone so excited about a car. After 466 it is just like buying socks to me anymore. Good luck to you, and just one little thing to remember. For some people the gated shifter takes some getting used to (I still have the special weighted shift ball I had made for my hand on my desk), you will never be able to shift it as fast as a S2000 or a Miata, so if you need to start out shifting slower that's okay. Precision matters more than speed. Enjoy!

3. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Congrats man picking up your first Ferrari is an experience you will never forget. Just make sure you drive it way more then that 200 miles it did the year before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaymie360 likes this.
  4. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    Can't wait to hear about the first drive home.....this never gets old to me.!
    I love the passion we have for our Ferrari's.
    Awesome looking color combo...
    K//

5. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    All the best and have a great drive home.

6. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Congrats! Love the color. You should add a set of 430 wheels I have for sale

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    wells gents.... I'm home safe, no fire, no crash, no tickets, not even a random CEL...... this was pretty much a bold shake down test of an unknown car (to me)..... 280 miles in stop go traffic from dallas to san ant...... ac running...... the car ran better as I drove it.... the ac got colder.... it has been sitting for a while.

I'm beat...... the excitement the thrills..... the potential for side of road failure..... all rolled into 1 14 hour day...

A few pics..... for your enjoyment.... and THANKS for all the support on this crazy car journey..... this is a keeper.

I will hit you all up as the days progress for: 1) radio code.... 2) O2 sensor readiness steps... was stored with batt unplugged, 3) goofy alarm do's don'ts... super finicky cheesy 80's alarm...... but OH the ex note! and oh the brakes! the brake pedal is to die for........ daytona's pretty comfortable on my 5 hr journey...... my right foot did fall asleep holding the accel pedal for 5 hrs...... no cruise.... and that's OK.. only LEO encounter 2 sheriff had a car pulled over..... they stared at my no lic plate, no insp sticker, no reg sticker car for a very long time...... just a paper plate, and paperwork inside......

another note..... is it normal to have every other car veer into your lane taking pictures?..... and have cars speeding up in traffic to ride you azz... do what - I do not KNOW.... ;)....... have go get use to the attn....... not the purpose of this purchase....... will chose my trips carefully......

My view @ 5AM -
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

guilty pleasure.... RATT and ROLL..... yes I know hair metal......

and the NEW view..... note the "wait" on the stereo... need to get the code...... had to listen to iphone speaker.... worked surprislingly well. .....

at home..... enjoying cool beverage.... and in dis belief of my purchase........ oh yes.... 6spd MT 360 modena in my garage........

what a rear view........

hessank, anunakki, Ryan... and 6 others like this.
  8. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    awesome congrats

9. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Congrats!! Love this thread!

10. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    +1
    Congrats!

11. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Congrats! Your observation about the attention is so true, I knew a red car (Rosso Corsa on mine) would draw attention but I hadn’t anticipated just how much attention I’d get and it wasn’t the reason why I bought mine either!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Congratulations!!! Get ready for the crowd of people that gather around and wait by the car when you come out of the Walmart!

13. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Yes attention is an understatement. I’ve been filmed/pictures taken daily. Want to have a blast? Have you and your significant other go out to eat and try to get an outside table and have your car parked out front. You’ll laugh at how many people stop and stare and take selfies and or have someone take their picture with your car.
    I bought my Giallo/Nero in January of this year and every time I loook at her ( she’s #71, as I affectionately call her) I have to pinch my self and say holy cow ( like Phil Rizutto from the NY Yankees) that she belongs to me. You will drop money on her in no time , but it’s well worth the exchange of “smiles per gallon” best of luck. ( here’s mine).

espvh likes this.
  14. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Congrats so excited for you. Had me for 10 years and I still find myself in the garage late at night staring at her beauty.

espvh likes this.
  15. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Congratulations!

You *might* be surprised how life changes when you have the car! :)

16. BladeMD

BladeMD Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2015
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Hannibal
    Congrats! It never gets old seeing that rolling sculpture in your garage, or hearing the V8 roar at 8500rpm! Welcome!

17. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    this car was not loved...... dirt everywhere.... perhaps a non enthusiasts daily.... she will be loved now...

cleaned up the interior.... cond the leather... it came back to life with little efforts....

abs/ridge/esp - thx bud!
    tim - agreed...... plan to drive for me... early am..... cool evenings.....
    red - I bet! I had a couple at the truck stop when I filled up on the way home..... the car mesmerizes people like a deer in the head-lights..... the doug demero vid is pretty darn correct....
    ninz - lovely example sir..... it totally works in yellow!
    andy - I think I'm in same boat... will let you know in 10!
    vr - funny you say that..... I'm an old married guy.... but you might laugh at how the cute thing at the bank reacted after she asked what I was buying as she prep'd by cashiers check..... I quietly said ferrari.... and she changed..... very strange..... I could have used this f car thing 20 yrs ago ;)
    blade- there is NO bad angle..... I'm slowly discovering new bits as I clean and prep.

had another romp this AM.... early window's down, no traffic..... and something get nagging at me... this felt sooo familiar... then It hit me.... this is very similar to my old C5 Z06 6spd car...... HP, shape, sounds..... I have to think gm was trying to copy this car with the c5 z06...... of course there is a marked diff in fit finish etc..... but very similar cars.

the brakes on this 360 are very confidence inspiring! Cheers all.... and thx for the support. still coming down from the trip.

18. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    #68 one4torque, Jun 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  19. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    to me the best thing about this car is that it is not red/tan or red /black . and I guess ill say no offense to anyone that owns one here. but ive always liked the cars that have more elegant colors.

20. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ab- Agree sir. Subtle sexy understated elegance..... my goal.

A little checking on po shows a pretty serious f car collector... gives me some confidence car was maintained until it sat.... unused.

After driving the 360 mt... my e36 m3 feels like a toyota....

absostone likes this.
  21. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I absolutely love the color combo on this car.

22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Red- thx bud. Similar to old school candy apple red. Im going to buff it this week,

Also have to say pics do not do this body justice — to truly see apprec thr proportions you must see it in person. Every angle so good.

espvh likes this.
  23. espvh

espvh Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2005
    NEW YORK!
    Absolutely, on both counts, I have photographed mine many times in many ways and many settings, having difficulty trying to capture both the color and the lines....but every once in a while you get the magic.....

andy308 likes this.
  24. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Wow. Its like a flip flop paint. Great pic.

25. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    RANDY6005 likes this.