scud warning light | FerrariChat

scud warning light

Discussion in '360/430' started by augustxke, Jun 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    The tire warning light came on with the exclamation point in it and the word service below the tire symbol. What does this mean, there is no explanation in the book. I inflate the tires to 45 psi when I store the car for the winter. I lowered the tire pressure to the book pressures before I started the car this summer. When I started the car the warning light came on and has stayed on for a few drives. What needs to be done?

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    P49 says light means system malfunction

Maybe it needs a recalibration (P50) or one or more sensor has given up - what does it say for individual tire pressures (via MODE P69) ?

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Scuds are mature enough (2008 and 2009 production) that you may need new wheel sensors if they have not been changed previously.
    If the pressures are good, you might try a battery reset, otherwise you may need to go to the dealer for confirmation of the problem. Note that the sensors can be purchased much less expensively from third parties online. There are threads here that discuss the options.

4. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    My tire pressures are all good,will try a battery reset later this week. I am 8 hours from a F dealer. Does anyone know if driving the car like this will cause damage?

5. monkiboy48

monkiboy48 Rookie

Feb 22, 2012
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Chad
    As long as your tire pressures are good it is safe to drive. I have had my warning light on for almost a year now. Guarantee your pressure sensors and/or ecu needs to be replaced. This does nothing more than monitoring your tire pressure so no rush. Next time you have the chance you can take it in to get replaced.

6. augustxke

augustxke Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2009
    MN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Thanks for the replies, it will be a while before I can get to a service facility. I plan on waiting until I do the annual this fall. So I will continue to drive the car.