South West Ferrari Cars & Coffee | FerrariChat

South West Ferrari Cars & Coffee

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Bluebottle, Jun 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    The first meeting this morning was a great success: 15 cars turned up and we had a wide variety of 6, 8 and 12 cylinder cars, coupes and spiders, naturally aspirated and turbocharged, from 1973 to 2017.

The photos I took can be found here https://photos.app.goo.gl/5tvofF58e2Via8UN8 and (assuming I have got the settings right!), if you were here today and took photos, you should be able to add yours, too - the more the merrier!

We plan to make this a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required. So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West: send them the link above, and encourage them to come along some time - this is not an FOC event and any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not. Thanks.

Date: The second Sunday of every month

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

2. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    John.

Well done and a great turn out for a relatively impromptu event. I hope the event continues as it is and that it is not overtaken by others.

I much prefer the older cars but the Giallo 488 with tricolore stripe looks fantastic!

3. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Thankyou. I hope we shall be able to keep it going..

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Next month's date - Sunday 8th. July - coincides with the end of a week of celebration of Italian Style at Haynes Museum, so this is an added incentive to come along. For further information, see http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/events/celebration-italian-style

I shan't be there, I am afraid, as I shall still be on my way home from Maranello in the Dino, but I hope lots of you guys will turn up and have a good old natter with your fellow Ferrari owners. Maybe someone could post photos?

All the best,

John

5. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Great weather so perfect excuse for a run out tomorrow!!!

Trust we get as many interesting cars as last time!

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Gullwing, Robert W and 100badboy100 like this.
  7. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Nice photo. A red or yellow car just wouldn't look right there.

8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    How did it go today?

9. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Looks stunning John.

Only four of us today, but that let us all grab a full English and coffee so had a great chat.

Guess the weather was a bit much for some; still rather warm here!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your tour :)

10. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    John, was that you driving up the A34 yesterday in your Dino? If it wasn't, its your twin car!

11. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    No. I didnt get back to the UK until 10.00 pm last night, when I drove home (Exeter) from the ferry terminal in Poole.

Maybe one of these

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Robert W, A348W and 100badboy100 like this.
  12. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    It's that time again . . . If you are not going to be celebrating the "Glorious 12th." on your favourite grouse moor slaughtering the wildlife next Sunday, then bring your Ferrari along to the Haynes Museum in Sparkford to share a cup of coffee or breakfast with some fellow owners.

We plan to make this a regular event, but an informal one: turn up if you feel like it on the day, no prior commitment required. So please tell all your Ferrari-owning friends in the South West and encourage them to come along some time - this is not an FOC event and any Ferrari owner is welcome, FOC member or not. Thanks.

Date: Sunday 12th. August and the second Sunday of every month thereafter.

Time: 9.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. - the cafe is open for drinks from 9.00, food from 9.30 and they make a mean breakfast!

Venue: Haynes International Motor Museum There is no obligation to pay up for entry to the museum, but if you have never visited it before, it really is very much worth a look and excellent value for money - go to admission prices.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Poor weather was not conducive to a great turnout on 12th. August, but we did have 8 cars, all mid-engined.

We also had a very convivial breakfast (after re-arranging the furniture in the cafe!) and special thanks are due to Mark Tregenna of Carrs, for rustling up a few new participants from his customer list - hopefully they will have enjoyed the event despite the weather and will come again.

The next meetings are on:

Sunday 9th. September

Sunday 14th. October

For our October meeting, Haynes have kindly laid on a guided tour of the museum's Workshop and Restoration Centre, by Bradley Mauger, manager of the facility, which should be very interesting, so I hope you will put this date in your diary

Photos of the last meeting can be found at https://photos.app.goo.gl/Lpnye5dSDH9GCah87

14. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I looked at the rain and went back to bed!!!

Sept and Oct in the diary; especially Oct. As always thanks for organising John.

Cheers
    Adrian

15. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    The weather forecast looks a bit better this month, so hopefully there will be a good turnout.

Sadly I shall be unable to attend as I have a family commitment. Perhaps someone could post a few photos and do a headcount? Thanks.