330 GTC Air Conditioning Parts | FerrariChat

330 GTC Air Conditioning Parts

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by svprice810, Sep 19, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. svprice810

svprice810 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    california
    Full Name:
    victor preisler
    Hello,
    I am looking for a complete air conditioning system for a 330 GTC. So far I have located a compressor but I need to find out if it is correct. If someone would be willing to send me a picture of the compressor showing the part number etc., I sure would appreciate it. If anyone knows where I can find a system or parts of it, that would be nice too :).
    Have a great day,
    Vic

2. svprice810

svprice810 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    california
    Full Name:
    victor preisler
  3. Fontana

Fontana Karting

Dec 30, 2006
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Peter Markowski
    I have made a few A/C systems for GTC. The easy stuff is the compressor and condenser but it is difficult to locate the correct hose ends and evaporator. I can provide you a complete system that looks original (except for the hose ends, slightly different) with an evaporator that is "bolt in". I had an original evaporator and made a copy of it and located a core to work inside the housing.

You will never find the vent/switches, i am thinking of re-making them soon as they are often broken on A/C equipped cars anyway. On the last car i set up, the switches were located under the dash.

4. SCantera

SCantera F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2004
    Living Falls NC
    Steve,

I have heard many good things about your shop and quality of work. In fact when I was rebuilding the engine and other systems in my car my local shop conversed with you - I believe more than once.

One of the systems I modified was the a/c system. Although I know how many feel about originality I used a Sanden rotary compressor, a larger GMAC condensing unit [matching the width of the radiator] and an MB E-class vent fan motor for more velocity. The fan motor is an easy swap out of the Lucas unit. Since it is in the dash no one will know the difference. The others required some bracket work. And naturally I kept all of the original components in the event I ever part w/ the car [not likely].

I did all of these mods since I my car is a driver and not a show car. And I live in FL where airconditioning is crucial to extend the driving season.

To the OP.......you should consider contacting Steve at RPM for parts and help. They are a class operation for Ferrari and other restoration work.

5. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #5 synchro, Dec 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The York compressor's used in these A/C systems were not made by Ferrari but sourced from off-the-shelf items by York, hence their universal mount makes them easy to confirm the fit. When I installed it in my Maserati Bora, it attached with 9 bolts across all three axis (overkill IMHO) but each bolt lined up with the brackets and mounts perfectly. What you'll need to know is if you want the suction on the Right or the Left.

I've purchased three for my cars, installed one in my Maserati Bora, one in my Dino and the third was supposed to go for a friend who sold his car before installing it, so I have a spare extra. It is new, in box, production date June of 2009, never mounted or used, only taken out of the box for this photo. $350 + shipping. Comparably, a friend paid $550 for rebuilding his original York.

Its far improved from the original, heavy duty rotolock dessign producing 40% higher cfm, uses improved viton seals, and is compatible with R-12, R-22, R-134a and others. Contact me offline if interested
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. leadingedge

leadingedge Rookie

Jun 16, 2015
    Hi there, I know this thread is quite old, but wanted to see if it was still possible to have an A/C system made for a '67 330 GTC?
    Thanks!

7. westextifosi

westextifosi Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 20, 2009
    Lubbock, TX
    Full Name:
    Tex Timberlake
    See #3 above. Steve Markowski has just completely reworked the a/c in my Daytona to my complete satisfaction.

8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Pm sent

9. highwaybora

highwaybora Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    SoCal
    A/C re 1973 Bora US 4.9 .. where is freon charge port ?? (not seeing in diagrams)

Must just be my sense of adventure (/humor /masochism?) but
    wanted to try it here in SoCal... after a long hiatus of not using same.
    Not clear from the manuals just where freon port would be found...

When done rolling on the floor... please advise.

[email protected] (Ned)

10. highwaybora

highwaybora Karting

Jun 18, 2013
    SoCal
    PS... as I'm here in SoCal near Newport Beach... would be great to have recommendations
    for whomever LOCALLY is actually good at such things as this A/C project.. or ANYthing re BORA.

Greg Armstrong (Historic Race Engineering / Costa Mesa) went off to Virginia a few years ago.
    Alas. Our loss as he's great at working WITH you not ON you.
    Others hereabouts are more specialized to Ferrari and Alfa, et al.

Possibly the freon access port is more obvious if seeing from below, using a lift?

Ned.

11. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Three ports are standard but you showed no snaps so difficult to say certain.

At the top of your compressor there should be two service valves, perhaps backseat valves and one more port at your drier up near front condensor

got some snaps?