I just made more Roof Toggles and Center Vent Kits. | FerrariChat

I just made more Roof Toggles and Center Vent Kits.

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ronfrohock, May 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    FYI....
    I just made more Center Vent Wedges and Foam Rebuild Kits and also some more Roof Toggles.

I also still have some B-Pillars remaining.

Please PM me if anyone is interested.

Thanks
    Ron Frohock

2. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    My testimonial for the Ron's Vent Wedge/Foam Kit:

My Wife will ride in the car now that the A/C can be adjusted to flow on your face and chest instead of just your knees!

The A/C in our cars is actually very good, but the placement of center vent is terrible, and not much comes out the top/side vents either.

Ron's kit includes new foam to replace the deteriorated foam that is probably letting all the cool air flow out UNDER the dash!

Seal off the two under dash vents too (did you know they were there?) and you will be good to go for even our Florida summers!

Buy the roof toggles too - yours will break.

And get Ron's B pillars while you still can, they are NLA and impossible to find, Ron's are better made and will not break like the OEM ones too!
    Alden

3. Bshortie

Bshortie Rookie

Nov 22, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Brian Short
  4. srephwed

srephwed F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2012
    street,md
    Full Name:
    fred brown
    Ron's roof toggles look fantastic. $95 per side was for me a bit pricey for me. His are u shaped and very well machined. When mine broke I noticed they were two straight pieces. I went to the local hardware store. Bought a thin piece of steel and two machine screws. cut down the steel and drilled holes and fixed my latch for 6 dollars with steel to spare. When latched you do not see any of my work. Do not mean to deprive anyone of any thing but what I did works well. Can send some pic's if needed.

5. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    Just installed Ron's center vent kit in my 84 Euro Mondial QV coupe.

Extremely easy to install, and looks and works great. I did have to cut one of the remaining foam pieces to completely seal up under the vent assembly, and I may end up using some A/C tape to hold everything together if the foam starts moving around after driving, but overall it works great.

Thanks Ron!

6. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Nice! Lots of folks don't have the metalworking skills to do something like that so Ron's toggles are a good choice.

I fixed my B pillars with duct tape for about $1 before I bought Ron's pillars. I can send pics if needed. :)
    Alden

ronfrohock likes this.
  7. stekkefun4

stekkefun4 Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2006
    Belgium - Europe
    Just installed 3 of these vent foam sets in my cars, result is fantastic, really worth doing this and it looks cool too !

Il Steeg and ronfrohock like this.
  8. jal

jal Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2009
    MA.
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Ron
    I am interested in in two roof latches as well as the center vent wedges. email me with your email for paypal
    jOHN

9. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    Will do. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app