FerrariChat Home Page | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat Home Page

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

or on desk top.

:(

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    This seems resolved now - thanks!

3. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Extra click to login is just another annoyance.

4. Testarossa Sean

Testarossa Sean Karting

May 13, 2018
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean
  5. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    The ability to mark unread posts as read seems to have disappeared. That was very useful to collectively mark as `read' threads I didn't care about after being caught up on the ones I did care about.

6. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Site is irritatingly slow and has been for months - pages load at the speed of a lada. I'm sure it's all the cookies, bots and any other thing that is currently used to track a person.

If the search function is actually working, it's worse than I imagine. I have not been able to get it to find or do anything.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    that must be something on your end then. there is no significant increase in load times, by that I mean noticeable. so if you are noticing something then good chance you have malware on your side, network problems, or at least clear cookies out and start fresh.

8. speedcat

speedcat Karting

Jul 26, 2011
    AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Rob, can we still limit our search results to a specific forum?

9. cheesey2

cheesey2 Rookie

May 16, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ivars Blumenau
    hard to navigate…. need a program to figure out what is going on... just happen to fall into this reply section... all this integrated stuff is too much to understand... need a tutorial... definitely not easier, definitely more confusing... seems like i'm lost with many others,,, one word opinion… it all sucks bad... Ferrari Life .com still lets one do the navigating without confusion lets go to "BC" before crap and confusion please fix it either way I may be forced to leave whether by ignorance or choice

10. MisterT

MisterT Karting

Feb 2, 2011
    Fleet, Hampshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Taylor
    I can no longer search inside sub forums, Nothing against other models but I only want to search one model type. Where has this basic function gone please?

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    current bug it isn't easier to access, now you need to search for something and then select Search Again link and you can highlight forum you want to search.

speedcat likes this.
  12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    you have 4 posts and been here a month, not sure what to think about your post. if on F-life you were probably a banned user here anyway.

Dave rocks likes this.
  13. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Took me a while to figure that one out. Plans to put a search button back on the forum homepage? It was much easier that way.

Also I haven't read the entire thread in detail but is there a way to toggle the title bar to not stay at the top of the screen as you scroll down?

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    should work like it did before.

Kirill should be back working these tomorrow.

15. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I find the lack of direct access to "mark forums read" frustrating, although I have a particular way of doing things - I like to keep my navigation history short, so have a habit of using back on my browser to get back to the main page rather than clicking a link. Anyway, previously the flow to mark a forum read was:

1. Click Mark Forums Read on the page you're on.
    2. Click the confirmation button I can't remember the label of.
    3. Page appears all read, click back and I'm back at the forum list.

With the new layout with the Mark Forums Read moved to the menu, you have to:

1. Click the Hamburger menu
    2. Accurately click the down caret section only, not the Forums menu itself.
    3. Click Mark Forums Read.
    4. Click the confirmation button I can't remember the label of.
    5. Page appears all read, click the back button, and I get the Mark Forums Read page again.
    6. Click the back button again, and I get the forum I was marking read.
    7. Click the back button again, and I finally get back to the forum list.

So a 3 step process became a 7 step process. Even if I was more normal and didn't use the back button, step 5 would be the last click and would be "Page appears all read, click the link to get back to the forums" and you've still turned a 3 step process into a 5 step process that's more convoluted as well.

I've actually stopped looking at forums where I typically don't read every unread thread, because of the hassle. I like the idea of the "Mark All Forums Read" being in the Hamburger menu, but a "Mark This Forum Read" link on each forum page (and then using a popup as previously rather than an entire new page as it is now) is by far preferable. I could even argue for no confirmation popup at all - just a one click and it marks this forum read.

krazykarguy likes this.
  16. Kirillos

Kirillos Administrator
    Admin

Nov 8, 2017
    Russia, Rostov-on-Don
    Full Name:
    Kirill Noga
    Try again please. Now it should be like was before

17. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    I can't see how to do this either - can't we have the button at the top again?

18. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    OK, I see it now. It's like hunt the link - really un-user friendly. I guess you are trying to get us to click on the hidden adverts?

19. Ian Bishop

Ian Bishop Karting

Dec 3, 2017
    Can't be bothered to read through all the prior posts... so sorry if there already... but I really liked the "search within this forum only" functionality... that seems to have gone or isn't obvious how to do any more... don't like the new search.

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    everything is now with the menu pop up. you may prefer one or the other, but the worst thing to do would be combine the two approaches. the new design does lend itself more to mobile usage, which has now surpassed 50% for us.

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    correct, reported bug.

22. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    kind of. all the links the same, they are just in the top left pop up menu instead of a vertical menu bar. you should only have to hunt first time you look for the options, they are all there same place.

23. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Thank you - that's better, but any chance the link could be returned to the top of the page (perhaps over by the "Moderator List" and "Watch Forum" links) rather than buried in the hamburger menu?

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    again, we're not going to merge both design options of a pop up menu and a header menu, we need to go with one or the other. :)

25. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Then personally I'd go for a header menu. Most websites catering to mobile have a mobile specific site, and don't hamstring the real site by forcing everyone to treat their 27" monitor as a mobile device.