Security | FerrariChat

Security

Discussion in '206/246' started by Bluebottle, Jun 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Those of us who regularly park our Dinos in public places will be well aware that any half decent car thief could nick our pride and joy in under a minute. I recently bought this gadget (see below) from superformance for the paltry sum of c.£70. It fits over the gearshift gate in a matter of seconds locking the gearbox firmly in reverse, making it a lot more difficult to pinch. Also available in black BTW.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    That's great! I'm still using a club. Getting this for Father's Day.

Thanks
    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

3. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I would point out that simply having a manual transmission these days is a pretty effective anti-theft device :)

TBigs and Nuvolari like this.
  4. nis1973

nis1973 Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2013
    NYC/CT

Looks great. Have a link?

5. JimEakin

JimEakin Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2015
    Mountain Living
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have an old iPhone with a cheap phone service. I leave the phone hidden in the car (or in my luggage when I'm traveling). I can use Find my iPhone as a type of LoJack service.

6. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    :D:D:D

Here is the page, you have to scroll down (about 3/4 of the way down) until you find it:

http://www.superformance.co.uk/246/accessories.html

Incidentally, one advantage of this over some other security devices is its size - it fits in the glove box and hardly takes up any room at all.

7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Full Name:
    John
    Brilliant idea! Much cheaper than a tracker and you can move it from car to car.:)

8. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    BRILLIANT INDEED
    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

9. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    A few years ago at an a post Pebble Beach Party at Fantasy Junction in the evening, 9 vehicles got broken into. The crooks had a device that could detect the location of electronic devices like iPhone, iPads, laptops etc. Those cars got broken into and their devices stolen along with cash, wallets, purses etc. Not difficult to break into modern vehicles using a repeater signal.

10. dudlow

dudlow Karting

Feb 28, 2011
    Surrey UK
    I can also fully recommend the gearbox gate lock, its a simple but great piece of kit. I use one on my 246 and 308. I don't even normally lock the door with the gate lock in place as the door lock is so flimsy. A good visual deterrent.

11. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Bluebottle likes this.