Quick Jack Lift | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Quick Jack Lift

Discussion in '360/430' started by whatheheck, May 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    The $100 discount being offered to us is direct from the manufacturer.

I've asked him twice to do better. We'll see.

For those that lives in Canada you can buy them at Costco for lower price.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    $100 is $100. On 11 orders, that's $1,100 they're giving us collectively. So, we're at $1199 shipped? Let's do it. What needs to happen next to proceed?

3. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Info is on my post number 64.

$100 off is valid for a minimum order of 10 units shipped to different locations so you will need to round up 9 more intererested and committed members.

Retail price is $1,349.00.

Contact Quick Jack sales. Contact info is on their website.

4. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    The $100 off deal is available to the masses all the time, case in point, it's happening right now:

https://www.facebook.com/QuickJackUSA/posts/1142348665903590

whatheheck likes this.
  5. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Great info. Thanks for sharing.

Dan

6. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Looks like northern tool is giving a $200 gift card if you spend 1k. I know its not cash off but they sell the tools you need to go with the lift.

whatheheck likes this.
  7. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Thanks for sharing great info.

Im seriously considering buying one now.
    Except I really dont know how often I will be using it as I have 2 bad knees, one knee replaced 6 months ago, the other one perhaps next year.
    And my back hurts now too. So I plan on just taking my car to my Indi mechanic from here on.

Dan

cpep likes this.
  8. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    Totally understand. I also have parts going bad. I'm just a wrench at heart so I know I will always have a need for them. Even if it's just for oil changes and pulling tires.

whatheheck likes this.
  9. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Alright, I'm retiring soon and will have more time working on my cars so I've decided I will order the QuickJack 5,000 model very soon.

To those that own a set, do you use any blocks or hockey pucks?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

10. cpep

cpep Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    new york
    Full Name:
    CHARLIE
    I use the small blocks that came with it and a hockey puck on top of that to fit the jack pads on the car.

whatheheck likes this.
  11. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Got it.

Thanks for sharing info.

Dan

cpep likes this.
  12. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Update:

I purchased the QuickJack BL-5000SLX.
    Capacity is 5,000 lbs.
    • You can order directly at QuickJack website or find a reseller that offers it for less. I discovered price is the same with resellers.
    • Price: $1,340.00, shipping is free. On holidays like Christmas or Father’s day they usually offer $100 off via their Facebook page.
    • I paid retail of $1,340.
    • Takes about 2 hours to open the 3 boxes and assemble the hydraulic hoses fittings.
    • Product & build quality is excellent. Very low profile. Tested up to 18,000 lbs.
    • Storage is very easy. I just push it towards the center of my car once I’m done and I drive over it.
    • Takes 22 seconds to raise my car, 9 seconds to drop it to the ground. Amazing.
    • What used to take me 20 minutes to raise my car up using floor jacks I can now do in 3 minutes with QuickJack.
    • Now I can do work under my cars using a creeper, or raise it to swap to winter wheels and tires, do brakes & fluid flush, detail my car, etc. very easily.
    Some tips:
    1. Buy 4 hockey pucks from Fleabay and use them on top of the included 4 rubber mounts for Ferrari jackpoints locations.
    2. Remove the 5 bolts first on L & R outboard side of the bottom panel before raising the car.
    3. Then raise the car, remove the rest of the underside panel bolts, then lower the car, slide one side of the jack out and remove the bottom panel.
    4. Raise the car again now with full access to bottom of car.
    Works great. Highly recommended. Photos attached.
    Short 1 minute video I uploaded in YouTube here:

Note: I have no affiliation to the company. Just sharing info.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      126.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      134.1 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      125.9 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      124.6 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      132.8 KB
      Views:
    rennspeed, shifter, jcurry and 5 others like this.
  13. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    ^ Thanks for the excellent write-up, details on the purchase, and the video proof!!

I just ordered one as well direct from Bendpak, you should get a commission :) I also ordered 4 hockey pucks on e-bay to use.

When you assembled it, did you use tape on the threads or a different sealer?

Joe

whatheheck likes this.
  14. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Hi Joe,

Thanks for the appreciation.

I read user reviews and back then I understand the tape dope they provided was not good.
    It appears they have fixed that issue as I used the provided pipe dope tape and no leakage.

Just make sure all the fittings are tight.

Hope that helps.

Dan

15. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

How do these work with a 308 or similar car with one jack point just in front of the rear wheels. Do you set up blocks and lift at that point only at each side of the car? If so that sounds kinda scary.

16. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The front point will be just aft of the front wheels on the primary frame member, which is the same frame member the aft point is on.

17. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

Thanks

18. ThunderHill

ThunderHill Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Morris Plains, NJ
    Full Name:
    Toby Smith
    I have the 7,000 lbs quickjack. I do really like it; should have pulled the trigger years ago. The only caveat is that it isn't nestly as fast as a real lift because you have to set up the jack's under each side, carefully fit the blocks, etc. I'd say cut your normal pump jack and stands time in half.

Where it pays in spades is during jobs where you have to lift and lower the car seversl times. I'm very tall, so I also use it for paint correction too; I can sit on the ground and have the rockers a little lower than my chest level at maximum height. Also threw out the dozen or so pieces of wood that were serving as mini ramps to lift my supercars up high enough to get a low profile jack under the nose.

whatheheck likes this.
  19. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    so the 7000lb model fits between the wheels on a 360/430?

20. ThunderHill

ThunderHill Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Morris Plains, NJ
    Full Name:
    Toby Smith
    #95 ThunderHill, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

Oh yeah, easily. What's tight is the clearance between the jack, rubber blocks, and jacking points. It's hard to explain, but you kind of have to slide the jack under without the rubber blocks on it, then "seat" the blocks by shimmying them around protrusions, etc.

I've been meaning to get 8-16 hockey pucks and glue them together instead, which would solve the issue. I got the 7,000lbs jack because my wife has been making doe eyes at our friend's Tesla Model X, so I think it won't be long.

I've had the car jacked up for weeks with the wheels off working on it at times; It's phenominal. For someone whose garrage ceiling can't support a full lift because of the older home construction, this is about as good as it gets. Bonus that I can haul it down to my parents or in-laws and look like a hero when their cars need work.

'Scuse the mess. I'm renovating... slowly.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck and timwu12 like this.
  21. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    That’s perfect, thank you for the pics! You’re right the height clearance is quite tight in your pics. Did you have the car lowered at all? I have a cayenne turbo as well which is why I’m more interested in the 7000lb than the 5000lb model even though quick jack has done a ton of stress and weight test videos with their 5000lb model being able to lift and hold way more than 5000, I just don’t feel great about using it for something they didn’t feel comfortable labeling it higher for.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Syd Boysky likes this.
  22. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Just bought mine two weeks ago from Costco for around $900. It's the BL-5000SLX which is the 5000lb capacity. Orignally $1,350!

There's only around 5 Costco here in California (not sure how many in other states) that sold them. Check with Costco if they still have them.

whatheheck likes this.
  23. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ

I checked yesterday and they are out of stock until middle of November.

24. ThunderHill

ThunderHill Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Morris Plains, NJ
    Full Name:
    Toby Smith
    Also, you DON'T need hockey pucks for the jack. The blocks actually fit as a square peg into a (larger) round hole. Just takes lining them up.

whatheheck likes this.
  25. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    That's a great price.

Thanks for sharing!

Dan

Drestless likes this.