My new to me Yellow F355 GTS manual | FerrariChat

My new to me Yellow F355 GTS manual

Discussion in '348/355' started by cayenne_ksa, May 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    #1 cayenne_ksa, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    I have been always big fan of the look and the sound of F355. Everyone online seems to talk about how expensive it is to own f355 because of the running/maintenance cost. I recently pulled the trigger and bought one which is perfect color and option. I honestly was searching for a 911 targa but i think the GTS does the job perfect. The car is relatively high mileage ( 30,000 miles ) but got full service history

i will have the following done to it

• Full detailing
    • Challenge grill ( where is good source to get it? )
    • Spacer ( recommended size and brand ?)
    • Lowering springs ( recommended brand ?)
    • Capristo system ( i'm going catless 2/3 version with valve ? thoughts ?)
    • Paint the roof in body color

anything i must do, recommendations and advises are welcome
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

2. Ga68_

Ga68_ Karting

Jul 16, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Gaetan
    Do not paint the hard top :(

///Mike, Ira Schwartz and MAD828 like this.
  3. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Congrats!!

That’s not high mileage; that’s low!!!!

Spacers...hill engineering.
    Lowering...why?

Anything you must do? Yes....drive it and enjoy it.

///Mike and cayenne_ksa like this.
  4. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    you think it's better to keep it black. i thought about giving it that coupe look but i might consider just recoat it black

5. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    H&R has spacer but they are 15mm all around.

for lowing i saw a photo of a car lowered and it looks so nice. i'm still not sure but with the spacer might need little drop

6. Drock28

Drock28 Formula 3

Jan 13, 2013
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Tony
    congrats very nice GTS..

for spacers, there is also Formula Dynamics.

for lowering, I agree stock ride height is high.. especially in the front.. if you did not know.. the 355 has adjustable coilovers. therefore you can adjust it down a bit.

for exhaust.. sure Capristo is fantastic.. but if the car still has stock headers.. you should change those too. either Fabspeed or Tubi headers..

for me, I agree to paint or wrap the targa top body color.

for a Giallo car a challenge grill is a must, aside from the engine bay cooling benefits. I believe you can find a used one around... Eurospares, Ferrparts, ExocticAutoRecycling

Yassa and Robb like this.
  7. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Great looking car!

If you like a yellow top, I’d keep the original and buy a second one to paint to match.

Is the interior sticky? That is a must fix item.

I liked my alcanrara 3 spoke steering wheel from momo. Another worthy upgrade that is easily reversible.

1/2” to 3/4” drop seems perfect. Try that first and you probably won’t need spacers.

Capristo sound 2/3 is a necessity... with tubi headers if you have the money.

Congrats on the purchase.

Robb

mshobe, Yassa and MAD828 like this.
  8. Ga68_

Ga68_ Karting

Jul 16, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Gaetan
    [QUOTE = "cayenne_ksa, post: 145996456, membre: 45100"] vous pensez qu'il vaut mieux le garder noir. J'ai pensé à donner ce coup d'oeil coupé mais je pourrais envisager de le recouvrir de noir [/ QUOTE]
    plus facile à garder noir, si mis en peinture, il est difficile de revenir au grain d'origine.

TS=BLACK ;)

Yassa likes this.
  9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    With the straight pipes:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BEesqRTKFVQ/?taken-by=ryalex7

Fabspeed cats and Tubi

10. carnutdallas

carnutdallas Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 11, 2010
    Dallas Burbs
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Keep target top black for sure. I am looking for a black top. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ga68_ likes this.
  11. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    I will check the mentioned name for spacer. Also i will do search online to get the right size

adjusting the suspension is good idea. if need to go more low i will change the springs. I found H&R not sure if there is better.

car has stock exhaust and headers. I know the factory headers are well known to fail. I think X owner changed it. I will keep an eye on the current one and change it later. Is it good sound when combining tubi headers and Capristo system ?

yes Challenge grill is the best thing to do for 355

12. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    I will paint the one i have and get second one when i need black or just paint it back

not sticky, i think x owner solved that

my car is 1995 not sure why it has the steering with aribag. i like 3 spokes too. where did you get yours from ?

is the mentioned drop with spring or just adjusting the factory ?

13. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    #13 Yassa, May 23, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    I second all that has been mentioned above. I'd say if you have no emissions tests in Saudi then I would say go with test pipes... The cats are a known weak point on the car. Headers I'd go with Tubi over fabspeed but thats just me. Tubi headers will not change the high pitch F1 scream of the car. The headers are usually problematic with the oem cats... I dont think it's an issue when running test pipes. I've also got a test pipe in place of the y pipe lol trust me it's loud. Capristo 2/3 is a no brainer.

Try Robb' recommendation for the lowering on stock coilovers. It's what I did and ended up happy with the final result... it's low but not slammed and looks tasteful. Worse case you can get the h&r springs for pretty cheap.

I also changed the steering wheel to a momo. Worth it imo. The stock steering is no to my liking.

Challenge wheels look absolutely amazing on the car if you can find a good set.

I'm running BBS LMs and challenge rims but the LMs need no spacers. Challenge rims fronts usually ppl run 15mm I think. Other can confirm. I need to get some too.

Main thing is enjoy the car in good health. .. Plenty of time for mods. :)

14. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    thank you so much for now

capristo 2/3, cats delete pipe and valve from capristo. Later i will consider the tubi headers. Where did you get the test pipe y pipe ?

kindly post photo of your steering. Do you know if 1995 gts got the airbag steering ? ming has it and i'm surprised

i will keep the factory wheels for now. i like them the most but for sure spacer

15. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    I have a spare, bare 355 targa top here in the UK that you could then have repaired and painted yellow locally ( couple of small dinks from storage). You cannot wrap them as they have a textured finish which needs smoothing over before painting. Send me a PM if interested, happy to package up and ship to Dubai.

16. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    I recommend the momo with a hill engineering spacer from ricambi. If you are around 6’ tall and get the wheel in a smaller diameter, you won’t be able to see the top of the gauges. :D That happened with a similar Omp wheel I purchased first. So depends on your eyeline and the diameter. Measure first and mock it up over your standard wheel. One of the Cheapest improvements you can make in my opinion.

In the answer to your other question, I would just make an adjustment to your standard suspension on lowering.

Robb

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Yassa likes this.
  17. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    thank you so much for the valuable info. I am 5' 10". kindly send me where you got the steering and the spacer from

18. Ga68_

Ga68_ Karting

Jul 16, 2017
    France
    Full Name:
    Gaetan
    [QUOTE = "PAUL500, poste: 145999166, membre: 145194"] J'ai un 355 Targa top disponible ici au Royaume-Uni que vous auriez pu réparer et peindre en jaune local (quelques petits dinks de stockage). Vous ne pouvez pas les envelopper car ils ont une finition texturée qui doit être lissée avant de peindre. Envoyez-moi un PM si vous êtes intéressé, heureux d'emballer et d'expédier à Dubaï. [/ CITATION]
    Une petite idée du tarif?
    Hello a little idea of the price?

19. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Yassa likes this.
  20. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Message sent :)

21. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

22. cayenne_ksa

cayenne_ksa Karting

Feb 7, 2007
    denver, SAUDI
    rodscher and Jasonberkeley like this.
  23. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
  24. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I would paint the targa top yellow but finding another to paint is a better idea than painting the one your car has.

Get high flow cats and I would also delete the secondary cats and your car will scream.

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy it!

288575 likes this.