Looking for a Kyosho 1:18 328GTS | FerrariChat

Looking for a Kyosho 1:18 328GTS

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by LostAussie, Apr 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LostAussie

LostAussie Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    This is probably a long shot, but I'm on the hunt for a 1:18 Kyosho 328GTS model.

My '86 328 just happens to be Rosso over Nero, and I believe that's the only colour combination that this model came in, so I'd love to have the matching miniature version. I'm not looking for any other model brand.

If anyone has one that they wish to convert into cash, please PM.

Cheers!

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I didn't know they made a GTS, I have the GTB on my desk at the office.

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    #3 Mule, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. LostAussie

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
  5. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
  6. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I lost one on eBay a while back. I wanted one because it's also the miniature version of my '87 GTS, red with black gut. I kept searching and finally snapped up one from a seller in France. Shipped quickly and the model was in perfect condition!

7. LostAussie

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    Nice.

So.... wanna sell it?

8. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Lol. :D

9. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    Check the classifieds, looking to sell the 1:1 but not the 1:18! Perhaps we can make a package deal though.......

10. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    More than $400? Jeez, the values of these have gone up a lot since I found mine a couple of years ago. I think I bought it for about $120 on Ebay. It's a solid, well built model, but not the favorite one in my collection because it doesn't seem 100% accurate in its detailing. Still, despite that, it's not for sale (sorry).

I'd recommend setting up a saved search on Ebay and just being patient until a good one comes up. When I started looking, they were already out of production. I'd put off getting one for a while (because I never thought it looked that accurate), but always loved the 328 and eventually figured nobody would make a better quality version in 1/18 scale.

If you're not stuck on 1/18 scale, I'd strongly recommend considering getting a 1/24 scale Ferrari 328 model kit by Hasegawa. It's a plastic kit you'd have to paint and assemble, but it's fantastic quality, with a ton of photo-etched metal parts, and looks way more realistic than the Kyosho one (just at a smaller scale). I built both the GTB and GTS versions when I was a kid. You can still find a ton of them on Ebay for under $30.

hasegawa 328 | eBay

PS. Stuart, I think we met at the Matthews Estate Winery Ferrari show last summer!

11. hkomori

hkomori Rookie

Dec 22, 2014
    Tokyo
  12. LostAussie

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
    No, I already have the 1:1. Interestingly enough, the car came with a 1:1 map of the USA. It's a nightmare to fold.

13. LostAussie

Jun 13, 2013
    Woodinville, WA
    Full Name:
    Stuart
  14. dadams73

dadams73 Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Ocean City NJ
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I got a good laugh out of this!^^^

15. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Back when the GTBs first came out, they were $79. I bought the red/black one and the black/tan one. Then I disassembled them, swapped bodies, and had a black/black one like my car. Sold the red/tan one on eBay, and a lot of people wanted it, since it was never a production color combo. I would have done the same with the GTS if they made a black one.

You can do an eBay search for Anson, too, which are a bit less quality and money, but decent. I disassembled the black/tan Anson one and painted the interior black.

16. SilverLeaf

Feb 1, 2011
    Nice! I would have preferred a red on tan GTS too. I'm not surprised you had a lot of interest in the one you put together.

17. SilverLeaf

Feb 1, 2011
    This thread has reminded how much I loved the Hasegawa kits. The models were lost after my childhood when I got rid of all of my 1/24 kits and started collecting pre-assembled 1/18 versions, but I'm feeling nostalgic enough to buy a couple of the Hasegawa models (a GTB and a GTS). Realistically, I probably won't get around to assembling them for several years, but it's such an excellent quality kit that I figure I better pick them up and store them away before they become rare to non-existent as well.

18. Rostami6

Rostami6 Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 24, 2013
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Amir
    This 308 is exactly what I am looking for. Anyone here who can read and translate the text please?

19. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I would love to see a 1/24 scale of the 308 GTS QV (US/Euro versions) from Hasegawa whcih I'm surprised that they choose to produce the 328 instead!

20. EricHarseim

EricHarseim Rookie

Jun 17, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric Harseim
    I’m interested in buying a 1/18 good quality Ferrari 328 Gts red on tan. Do someone know where to buy

21. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Eric, those are so hard to find. I hope you find one though, they look awesome (the Kyosho's). I have one in Giallo, but it's a GTB. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet, thinking about display options :)

22. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

I have one. It's giallo/nero

Joe