Le Mans 2018 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Le Mans 2018

Discussion in 'F1' started by maulaf, Jun 17, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And once again you try to turn words in my mouth....I never did blame Mercedes for anything. Why are you guys always try to turn around other peoples word when you run out of arguments.
    Not me is blaming Mercedes just as you do not blame Toyota! I blame the FIA to have allowed a status quo over at least the first season of the hybrid era bringing boring races and giving the one with a development advantage a given advantage over at least one year without the others able to catch up. So just as you blame the ACO for a snooze fest one can exactly argue against the FIA for the snooze fest we had in 2014 and in smaller amount for the years to follow.
    YOU are the one that says that this is the way it is and that it is fair on one side just to argue exactly the other way round now. NOBODY prevented the smaller team to put in a hybrid into their car...and don´t argue with money and that the smaller team can not do that as well because there is no difference in F1: the smaller teams can not throw money on their engine development as the large ones can.

And this you might have to translate for me as we do not all have sausages and beans for breakfast: "The rest of your affabulation is just poppycock"

TifosiUSA and Tifosi Ferrari like this.
  2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    All you do is stir the pot. You never post anything of substance and then when you get called out you cry, take your toys and go home.

We've all seen this act before.

3. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Oh...a fraud now...against whom?

4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Exactly. Well, maybe with the exception of some here.

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    From F1's own Twitter feed.

Hooray Nando. Le Mans champ. Can't wait to see him back at the Indy 500!

T

5. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Lol!! 21 more laps is a meaningless stat and you know it. Too many variables including accidents, weather, race and safety issues. Not to mention repairs

Now here are the facts.

After Alonso stint they were 10 laps ahead with 12 hours to go. They finished 12 ahead. Wouldn’t logic say that should be 20?

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    They completed 388 laps, so on average a lap was about 222,7 seconds (including traffic, pit stops, safety cars)...in practice they were about 4 seconds faster than the other LMP1s, so in 388 laps they should have gained an advantage of 1552 seconds or 6,97 laps BY SPEED....
    So when Toyota ran away for 12 laps instead of 7 laps it means that the car was more reliable and had less standing time than the ones behind and this has nothing to do with the hybrid but a better prepared car.

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #57 TheMayor, Jun 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    ^. Look. Toyota won. Alonso was part of the wining driver team. I give them that.

But don’t tell me this was a race. It was an exhibition. And because of the lack of real competition it’s a hollow victory.

If Alonso races Indy again he will face 32 other cars— any of which could win. That’s competition. That’s the difference.

Have him run Indy with only 4 other very weak cars starting on the track and then tell me what a great victory it would be if Alonso won the 500

william, Makuono and Agent Smith like this.
  8. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    I agree on that ACO could of done something instead no just let Toyota have its advantages while the private teams couldn't do anything cause they didn't have what Toyota magnified 100x. I fully blame the rule mrkers for being idiots rather than the teams themselves. Same goes for F1 with the FIA recent banning of last year stuff on Ferrari cause no competition for Merc right? Well the Singapore dnf didn't help but still Vet couldn't recover cause of things hurt the car badly. You cannot blame Toyota with this honestly ACO could of relaxed rules with private teams in Lmp1 and that would of fixed the problem, but no. ACO also made the Porsche dominate in GTE Pro with only Ford able to challenge Porsche not great for any reason at all this.

As for the engine problem in f1 well the thing is though Fia themselves made is that way thanks to making everyone have to spend money that no small company can afford on expensive engines that just so happens to be Mercedes favored ones of which the others couldn't cause it required huge investment of which the token system didn't help.

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Look at the races in the 50's and 60's. There were a LOT of privateers running the same factory cars.

The problem is these cars today are so complicated and expensive no privateers could even try to compete against a factory team.

The real problem is there is no incentive for Mercedes, Audi, Porsche and others to enter LM1 vs the cost.

william and Tifosi Ferrari like this.
  10. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    my friend Nick de Boulle participated in Ligier #33.

11. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    People might still wonder how Alonso managed to win a race against himself. After all his hollow victory here can be added to his legacy of Crashgate, Spygate, and his wonderful spirit of teamwork that he brings to every team he races for.

william likes this.
  12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Fact of the matter is Alonso was the best driver on the entire Toyota team, proof is in the data. He doesn't even drive these cars and this was his first time at LeMans. Then again, what else would you expect from one of the greatest drivers to ever live.

He's a LeMans champ now and will be getting this triple crown. It's going to be tough on you...LOL

So yeah, pegged you perfectly. It pisses you off he got a 24H win because you're a hater, so now we have to talk down his victory as hollow blah blah blah but in reality his name is in the record books and he proved he was the best driver there in a car he barely has any experience with. Job done.

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I guess you still don't get it.

Yes, and Michael Schumacher won the F1 race at Indy.... Woo hoo! Go Ferrari! You beat 5 other cars in the race! You beat your teammate! Yeah!!!

I am NOT a hater. The only thing I hate is that the regulations of Le Mans are SO SCREWED UP that no one wants to compete in the top level class anymore.

Alonso won but this is a hollow victory.

william likes this.
  14. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Please bud. Anytime you can take a shot at Alonso or McLaren you're all over it. You're as big a hater as they come, just own it and don't be a wimp.

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    So, I guess you missed my posts during the event complimenting Alonso's driving at the time?

As to McLaren, they deserve all the ire they can get. Aside from being admitted CHEATERS (ironically, thanks to Alonso), they have been going down more and more for 10 years now. I'm only being honest.

16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    That doesn't mean squat. Seriously man, just grow a pair and own it.

17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Exactly WHAT do I need to "own"?

I said Alonso's team won the race. I said he drove well in the race. I said he probably was the best driver in his team.

What I said is this race was hollow due to a lack of competition and Toyota's decision (the same one I would have made BTW) to cruise home the last 12 hours. Toyota finally got what it wanted.

Race fans... well.... not exactly

So, explain to me why I am wrong here.

william likes this.
  18. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    This race is just an example of your hate. You will go to any lengths possible to disparage it just because Alonso won. You wouldn't give a damn otherwise, that much is obvious.

I'm saying when you hate a driver just own up to it. Don't try to say weak crap like "oh I complimented him this one time." Give me a break, you can't stand Alonso. Just own it.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

LOL!!!! OMG please take an aspirin and get back to us when you calm down.

william and BMWairhead like this.
  20. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    That's rich from someone so desperate. I'm calm as can be, my favorite driver just locked down a LeMans win and is one stop closer to legend status. :D :D

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Your favorite driver won a hollow victory.

MY favorite driver, Michael Schumacher, won the F1 race at Indianapolis. I wasn't so happy when that happened. I called it a "hollow victory" and was disappointed in the lack of competition that day.

william likes this.
  22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    My favorite driver proved he was the class of the field and is in the record books as a LeMans champion. That's all that matters. Just like how Hamilton, who you love to bring up, enjoyed many hollow wins where he only had to worry about 1 other car from 2014-2016 but they are still in the record books. Just going to have to deal with it.

23. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  24. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    He’s already a legend. Legendary cheater anyway. Alonso’s admittedly formidable driving skill is way overshadowed by his being a disappointing human being.

But if you like him that’s cool I guess. Not everyone else does or has to.

william likes this.
  25. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Anyone fancy starting a "Alonso sucks" thread ?

Some people here get very uptight if you don't worship their idol.