Official Countach Value Thread | Page 214 | FerrariChat

Official Countach Value Thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Peter K., Feb 17, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Perfect, thanks for the clarification. That's what I thought.

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    BS.

The Countach Fuelie I sold to Texas for exactly $210,000 per docs on file which can be posted to prove was the red/tan 1987 HLA12086 (ZA9CA05A8HLA12086) in quite nice condition as several readers here who were offered the car and passed can attest to.

Pray tell, what exactly was the chassis number of the Downdraft your friend sold to Texas for that stated amount?

3. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Im not at liberty to divulge peoples personal info.

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I call total utter BS, post a chassis number or its a complete fabrication, I think we can all draw the obvious conclusion, a sad new low, even for you.

5. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I would say its a low for a used car salesman to divulge the details of a sale publicly, and it would be an extremely low blow to divulge the details of a friends transaction. But as usual, according to Joe Sackey, if he didn't say it, its a lie, and if he did, it must be gospel.

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    BS.

It's accepted custom that so far as the names of the buyer & seller are not divulged, for purposes of the marketplace, the chassis number of the car is always shared to validate the sales claim, this is true all the way up to the 250 GTO that sold last month for @ $80 million.

7. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris
    For purposes of your marketplace, not everyone elses.

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    According to reliable sources the actual price of the 250 GTO was approximately $65 million.

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    We both know your story is a complete fabrication, and until the car is identified by chassis number, so shall it remain, meanwhile I'm confident that anyone reading this draws the same conclusion that your story is BS

My source was my client a longtime 250 GTO owner who was told the all-in amount by the purchaser himself as they are friends, but the point of using that example was to underscore the fact that to validate any sales claim, the chassis number is shared, as was the case here.

10. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The Swiss Downdraft will be very difficult to sell in today's selective market with those side-skirts attached, and the pricing has taken this into account

11. roytoy2003

roytoy2003 F1 Veteran

Jul 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Roy L. Cats
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Yes it surely is.

Time for a new owner. I have enjoyed the several hundred miles I have put on it. It truly is a "Little" Go Kart for the road. IMO, the 4ltr is just a great little running machine. I am sure there are cars that are faster and there are cars that are slower, but a Countach on today's roads and in today's traffic is a joy, at least for me. After multiple years of driving and owning just abut every variation of Lamborghini out there, INCLUDING the now FAMOUS Cheetah which I located in Michigan and currently resides in the Lamborghini Factory on display in their Museum.... the Countach stills gets more looks from all ages then any Aventador or Hurracan out there...period, end of story. For me, Lamborghini came to and end when the LAST REAL TRUE 6 speed GATED REAL original V12 block with the REAL scissors doors was produced. Lucky I ordered car #12 2010 LP670-4SV from the Factory, who were very reluctant to drop a 6 speed in the car for me at my request. They finally did, but charged me an extra $10K to do it, worth every penny to me....which is NOT for sale as it approached 30,000 Miles on the ODO.

https://artofgears.com/2016/02/04/this-is-it-lamborghini-cheetah-fully-restored-to-like-new-condition/

Michael Call and Ciro Izzo like this.
  12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
  13. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
  14. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Been looking at this car of a long time. The color just amazes me. Rampant thoughts go through my head every time. Sell mine, buy this, maybe have few bucks left to..... just nutty stuff.
    GLWTA

SHOCKING though, that this had not sold over time. Just shocking.

15. PineChris

PineChris Formula 3

Apr 17, 2013
    California
    Full Name:
    Chris

Dont worry, we're gonna light you up for your BS soon....

16. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Sure, ditto.

Sounds like sour grapes because I called you out, and, my information-specific response all about you could make for interesting reading.

I proved my sale of a Fuelie at $210k by stating the chassis number, you claimed a sale yet can't state the chassis number. Now you have every opportunity to prove me wrong, and I'll be the first to say I was wrong, I've been wrong before, no big deal, I'm not fazed one way or the other.

Nobody is just giving Downdrafts away, as John has found in the market with multiple sales of them, as have I, really good cars are @ $600k so, if one sold for the amount you say, what was wrong with it? Did it look like this?
    https://bringatrailer.com/2015/07/16/neglected-quattrovalvole-1700-mile-1985-lamborghini-countach-project/

Or worse?

Seriously, to simply say I know a car that sold for xyz amount and then immediately beg confidentiality is unhelpful at best and not believable at worst. I collect any and all sales data both public & private and even in the strictest cases of confidentiality where names cannot be divulged, the chassis number always is. That said, perhaps I'm over-stating my interest as one sale does not a market make.

Personally, I am finding that most of the Lamborghini buyers are coming over from other marques such as Porsche & Ferrari, and it takes them a long time to get comfortable and settle on a variant as they have never encountered a car that that was in production for 16 years.

But I think it's getting better.

17. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
  18. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Not Zender, I collected the contemporary Tuning stuff on my Website: http://www.countach.ch/tuning.html

dinonz308 and S_AGATA like this.
  19. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
  20. dinonz308

dinonz308 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 26, 2017
    Full Name:
    Dean
  21. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I believe it was sold to Central Europe to be restored.

dinonz308 likes this.
  22. Older thread bump.

23. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    So, where did Roy's beautiful '81 go?

24. cava

cava Karting