CS Values In Australia sky rocketing! | FerrariChat

CS Values In Australia sky rocketing!

Discussion in '360/430' started by sani, Jun 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sani

sani Rookie

Jan 29, 2017
    Australia
    Hi, Guys. There are curretly only 2 Rosso Scuderia Aussie delivered CS's with low mileage advertised on car sales.com.au.for approx $600 Australian. I offered $500K for one of them and the offer wasn't accepted by the seller. No where else in the world where RHD cars are sold is the price this high for CS's!

2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  3. CarbonDan

CarbonDan Karting

Aug 19, 2017
    PNW
    Jesus, at that price, could you not come out ahead by importing a US or european CS?

4. sani

sani Rookie

Jan 29, 2017
    Australia
    We have RHD here in Australia. LHD cars from Europe or US are of no use here. Low mileage, RHD, good CS's in the UK are hovering around 200,000 Pounds mark. With import fees and taxes, and other expenses, it works out to be just a tad cheaper than Australian delivered Cars.

5. bestgun

bestgun Karting

Oct 6, 2017
    Full Name:
    Karl Sluis
    I’ve been following CS pricing, and in particular these two cars as I’m in New Zealand. I have no doubt that these cars are being advertised but are very obviously not for “real” sale. Sellers can ask whatever they want when they advertise a car, but the market (international when it comes to the CS) will dictate the selling price- hence if they actually sell. Both these cars seem like beautiful examples but both have been advertised for a long time. There’s no doubt about demand for nice CS’s, so in this instance the reason that they’ve not sold is simply that the price is lot higher than the market is tolerating. Unsold cars advertised at sky-high prices doesn’t mean the values are rocketing .

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

sani likes this.
  6. sani

sani Rookie

Jan 29, 2017
    Australia
    Hi, I guess you are right. Have you noticed the F355's being advertised are now asking almost twice as much as last year? amazing!

7. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Yeah, a high asking price is like a boat anchor in the market. It could sits for months and that car won't move at all. Like it's not for sale anyway. ;)

8. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    There is a BIG difference in asking and what the cars actually sell for. Granted if there are only two in Australia then prices will be higher than where there are 3.

sani likes this.
  9. F-Serge

F-Serge Formula 3

Aug 3, 2004
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Serge
    you've just explained why the prices are what they are

sani likes this.
  10. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
  11. Gizzi

Gizzi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 3, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Gezim
    Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    LA | Austin |Miami
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    the shift over the last few years has more to do with the declining AUD making imports less practical and driving up the price of what is already there due to a weak currency rather than an actual increase in value. If the value didn't increase based on the currency weakening, it would create a spread that would encourage people to import UK cars, but like you said that spread has been closed otherwise it would saturate the market and correct the value regardless.

sani likes this.