F430 CCM Aldous Voice Article | FerrariChat

F430 CCM Aldous Voice Article

Discussion in '360/430' started by KBR54, Jun 14, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KBR54

KBR54 Karting
    Owner

Sep 23, 2017
    Sylvan Lake Alberta Canada
    Full Name:
    David Garratt
  2. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Is interesting. Thanks for posting. Think I'll inspect my pads this weekend. :)

3. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    I swapped my CS pads, just because, at minimal wear. Really glad I did now. That's a horrible design.

4. Jackson32

Jackson32 Rookie

May 29, 2017
    North Carolina, U.S
    Full Name:
    Jackie
    that is crazy the wear indicators would eat the disk in such a way, that is a very expensive warning!

Sky Hye likes this.
  5. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm pretty sure that factory CCM pads are sintered, so I don't think a soft metal such as brass will hurt the disc.

I could be wrong!

6. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    ^Yes, they're brass for a reason. Obviously not great for the rotor, but not as bad as steel would be.

7. Mickster

Mickster Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2015
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Mikael Andersson
    Looking for pads and wonder if competitors (after market), have the same design..?

Original seems like a waste of money, reading Aldous article...

8. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    Brass will not affect the disks. All due respect to Aldous and having gone though a couple of sets of pads (and noticed the strange coloring gold ring on my disks), the brass is just a visual indicator and does nothing to the CCM rotor which are magnitude harder than soft brass. I am guessing Brembo included then in the pad design for race/track use since uses electrical wear sensor in not ideal in those conditions. The disk shown does look quite worn, but nothing to do with brass, just some healthy track days...IMHO

360trev likes this.
  9. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I think this description "sounds" highly probable since let's be honest here, do you really think Brembo would approve the fitment of these factory Pagid pad designs if they where going to cause irreparable damage to CCM discs?

I'd heard about this before too but didn't know the pins where made of soft brass which in theory shouldn't impact the ccm's much but I'm guessing the noise would make driver aware they need changing!