FF Rear Brake Discs | FerrariChat

FF Rear Brake Discs

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by specialkcu, Jun 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    Anyone have a good idea of where to pickup rear discs for an FF? I know they are extremely expensive through the dealer, but always curious to see if people have other suggestions.

2. ml321

ml321 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2008
    London/Munich
    If / when I have to replace them, I wanted to check if Surface Transforms (I think that is the name of the company) in the U.K. does discs for the FF - from what I read online they are supposed to be superior and can be refurbished

3. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    I will definitely check in with them and see what they say. My light just came on, but I have around 35K on the car at this point. Otherwise no problems. Would just rather avoid the 17K quote that I was provided. Haha

4. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Do you do a lot of city driving? Usually the ccm discs should last a lifetime provided the car is not being tracked. If you live near Washington, you can drop by Girodisc for them to do measurements on the discs and then they will have a set of steel available for all future FF/GTC4 owners who are interested in tracking their cars. ;)

Sonicsound likes this.
  5. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    I may give them a shout. I got the car as the second owner and have put a good amount of miles on it as a daily driver, but have no idea whether it was tracked before. The car has been amazing and this does not seem to be urgent so figured I should do my homework and see if the Forum can help out!

Thanks again guys for all of the suggestions!

6. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    I spoke to Martin at Girodisc last year. They can also do the measurements by having front and rear rotors with pads sent to them. They will send them back once they did the measurements. Well, the problem is, I don't have spare rotors lying around and I also don't live anywhere close to Washington. Oh, Martin also said you will get a discount if you do a review of the new rotors and pads on the forum.

7. Magnani

Magnani Rookie

Feb 26, 2017
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The rears can wear faster if you are heavy on the throttle in the more conservative settings (wet, comfort). The traction control comes on more aggressively, using the rear brakes to prevent spinning wheels. So just mashing to go pedal at every light and letting the computer keep things in check, will result in the computer mashing your rears. Would love to hear about a cheaper alternative though, cause I am definitely a throttle masher

8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Same here, except my preference is to mash the throttle when the car is already at speed. I also would love having steel at the rear mainly for that purpose.

9. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    I am looking at using Scuderia Car Parts (SCP). When I went to the dealer they have started using the part number for the Lusso (296894), which SCP quoted at 6K with shipping direct from Ferrari. Anyone order any OEM parts from them in the past? They are a sponsor of the forum and looks like most people had favorable reviews, but thought I would check here before moving forward.

10. Pinarello

Pinarello Karting

Sep 20, 2013
    Visalia
    Full Name:
    Roberto Gugig
    I drove mine 48,000 miles never changes disks !
    Rear brake pads yes but disks perfect

11. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    How many % city and how many % highway? Lots of WOT from standstill, or at highway speed? Just wondering about your driving style.

12. specialkcu

specialkcu Rookie

Jun 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Keith A
    Mine is more canyon stuff but nothing too crazy. Fronts still have a lot of life... Not too big of a deal. Just was curious if anyone had experience replacing the rotors in the past.