NA 12 cylinder rumor..550 vaules? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NA 12 cylinder rumor..550 vaules?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ReyF, Jun 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    well they made even less 456s.... no ?

G. Pepper and Texas Forever like this.
  2. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    The SA Marranello that sold the other week for 850K Euros is actually over $1million USD. It makes no difference to me and I am not one to talk unrealistic values but, the 550 does tick all the boxes of a car that could achieve that figure and above in time. I couldn't care less either way.
    I remember around 2006-2008 several Lusso guys and other 330 guys offering to trade their "Enzo Era" cars for 550/575s.

3. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Exactly, like I said I have some old dupont registries and in 2002-2004 365 daytonas and 246 were $90-120k and now we're at $300-600k? The maranellos will have their time, these cars are just not old, not new now. The last generation 575 is only 13 years old right now!

4. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    SA as in super america ? the ltd editions are in a class of their own

5. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Ferrari offered a manual option on the California and had about 9 takers, so they gave up. The expense of putting a manual 6 speed into a Ferrari designed for a 7 speed DCT is considerable, and Ferrari has determined it is a waste of money based on those who pony up $220-500K for new Ferraris.

6. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Can't use eBay for price or even sales determination for high end or low volume cars. Most posts are used as ads where transactions are finalized off eBay.

Texas Forever and LARRYH like this.
  7. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don’t know about the California but I have read quite a few accounts of people who wanted to order a manual F430 and the dealers were talking people out of it and trying hard to discourage it. Had that not been the case maybe a lot more would have been ordered with a manual? Impossible to know.

LARRYH likes this.
  8. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Both the 575M and F430 had similar takes on three pedals at around 10% (11.9% overall 575M, 9.7% LHD) on LHD versions. The 360 was considerably higher at 25-30%. The 599 was way down at less than 5%, actually way less, even though the 3 pedal was available throughout production. On those F1 Ferraris, the transaxle and clutch were identical, making it easy to offer the 3 pedal version since all that was different was clutch actuation and shifting. The current market says new buyers, which is all Ferrari really cares about, are not interested in three pedal versions enough to warrant developing and selling one.

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    two million

10. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    They are still Maranellos...

I drove a buddies lastest tesla last week, and I must say,... THAT seems to be the future. If the 812 (On my wishlist) goes hybrid 12 or turbo 12 it would certainly be because Ferrari see the writing on the wall.
    On one hand, I don't see values of the last one going up significantly if electric takes over.

11. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    and a challange stradale is just a 360

a scuderia a 430

a speciale just a whatever the v8 version is

like i said, the special editions are in a pricing class of their own

Shark01 likes this.
  12. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Why care about the value beyond limiting depreciation. You're not taking it with you...enjoy it.

13. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Could be a clue in the word Fantasy.;)

Texas Forever likes this.
  14. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    I can give you one good reason. The fact that my 550 is worth 2+ times what I paid for it and the appreciation covers every single penny I have spent on it, right down to the last gallon of fuel, several times over, is a cast-iron argument in its favour when discussing my car habit with my wife.;)

15. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    The 550 is the long nose 275gtb of our time.

16. tazandjan

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    FBB- Give or take 1000 lbs.

17. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Every Civic, Accord, Mustang, MR2, RX7, Camaro, Corvette, and every BMW. with manual commands higher price in the used car market than automatic in comparable condition. Cursory review suggests premium prices paid for manual versions of those vehicles is about the same, give or take a few percentage points, as the premium paid in the Ferrari. Porsche, Lamborghini markets for manual over non-manual. What I conclude from this is the premiums paid for manual Ferraris is not an aberration peculiar to foolish Ferrari buyers who follow the herd and pay premium for manual, but a confirmation of the car enthusiasts rule that engaged driving is more fun than clicking or paddling unless you’re involved in racing where milliseconds off lap time means a lot more than the driving experience.

18. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal

I agree for Now. What happens when all the old people who want 3 pedals die?

F355 Fan 82 likes this.
  19. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    look at the pre 1940 car market....

20. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Give me the cliffnotes please I'm too stupid...

davidoloan likes this.
  21. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Those “take rates” are based on final production though, so there might have been a lot more people who wanted a manual but were talked out of it by their dealers or whatever. I agree most new buyers these days seem to not care about manuals, but that isn’t true with Porsche who specifically brought back the manual due to demand, and it isn’t true with a lot of buyers of various older models who are paying a significant premium for manuals.

Anyway, we can get back to discussing the 550. It is an absolutely beautiful car.

22. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    My observation is the models listed in my post above are being bought by Gen Xers and younger. If true, then that implies continued interest in manual for at least the next 30 years. Beyond that, I'd be happy to still remember my name.

23. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Meant to say millenials not gen xers.

24. Jon Von Bon

Jon Von Bon Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 8, 2015
    Toronto / Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    For the first time in Monterey, 3 years ago were surpassed (by Ferrari’s) as the most expensive cars on the grass.

25. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    #50 F355 Fan 82, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    I've tried to mention this, Im 32 almost 33, i was never taught how to drive a 3 pedal in the US. Would love to learn, but it was never something taught to my demographic.....I have my 575 F1 and its awesome, not sure how many 550's are gonna be able to be driven in the US when Im 70 years old.....

you wanna talk values? A really nice 599 popped up near me and I went to look at it, same spec as my 575, awesome car and I was just curious what my 575 was worth in trade....2002, 21k miles red/tan....dealer offered me $70k!!!! When I laughed him off, he came up to $78k and told me it was a good deal that I should jump on lol. Anyways passed on trading in the 575 but somehow ended up buying a john cooper works mini anyways that I didn't even set out to buy lol

Its rough out there now, but im confident things will get better soon in 575 land! PS the John Cooper Works Mini is a blast to drive, like a giant go kart

Attached Files: