California T 2015 | FerrariChat

California T 2015

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by good2go, May 30, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Any one interested in a California T 2015?

I have a California T 2015 TDF, lots of options. Wife hates it so I'm selling it. Porsche offered $141K on trade in. Even with saving 7.5% in taxes that super low. This car is so much fun to drive.

Not sure the best approach to selling a Ferrari.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    why does your wife hate it? I have literally never heard of a woman who doesn't love Californias. Beautiful car...

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Am sorry you have to let her go, but gotta keep the wife happy. Good luck w/ the sale. Since you are subscribed, can you list it here on F-chat?
    T

good2go likes this.
  4. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    She just does not like the attention a Ferrari gets. I absolutely love driving it, but its not worth fights with my wife.

5. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    OMG!!! My wife and I are arguing about this exact issue. I want to trade our 911 in on a Cali T and my wife thinks driving it would be too ostentatious everyday. I could care less what people think. No one helps me pay my bills so their opinion doesn’t matter. I would love your car!

good2go likes this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Alas, I suspected that was the case. Am surprised that a subdued color like TdF gets a lot of attention, especially in a big city like Minneapolis. But, then again you have the shields.
    T

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Buy his car Chizz! It's one of the nicest examples, and it actually gets driven.

g2g - does yours have HS package?

T

8. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I get that.

My wife had that issue. She is an introvert by nature. Sounds like your Mrs is as well.

Try this:

1) Ask her why she cares what others think. alternative: what would happen if she stopped caring what others thought..
    2) Ask her if she thinks 'they' think BAD or good things when they see a Ferrari. (she will say bad or she wouldn't care 'how it looked')....
    3) Ask her if she thinks bad things when she sees successful people enjoying their success. Are they 'showing off' or just enjoying the fruits of their labors to make others feel bad? (this is a very common mindset)

Fact of life: what you have..money...cars..wealth...travel...food..clothes...all of it...the amount of these things and the quality of these things is in direct proportion to the number of people you have helped. The number of people you help accomplish their goals/ number of people you solve problems for = your actual wealth.

I am not being spiritual. This is simple Practical and tactical approach to overcome a poverty scarcity mindset.

That means a rich person is rich (most of the time) because they have helped 100s of not 10s of 1000s of others. Someone driving a Blue California T has spent hours and hours earning the right to be of a high enough service to enough folks that they have EARNED the Ferrari. You did what others wouldn't do when others wouldn't do it at the highest level. You weren't lazy.

We are all born into some form of social cast. Mine was lower middle class/ poor. In that cast rich people = evil. Took me a bit of time in my 20s and 30s to finally root that BS out of my head. My family (and wifes) reinforced the mindset that rich are rich because they took from the poor. When you have that mindset (scarcity) its impossible to enjoy the gifts that hard work earns you. If you cant enjoy the gifts you stop producing (being successful) and then....become like them! Poor or at least not well off. Being willing to shed that scarcity mindset is one of the greatest gifts I have given to myself...and Julie.

At my ripe old age of 48 here is what I know for sure. Most folks spend 99.9% of the time thinking about themselves. In other words, people waste time worrying about what others think of them when in all reality they are only thinking of themselves. Accepting that allows a sense of freedom to enjoy life without your ego getting in the way.

At the core of this is our desire to be accepted by the pack and not be an outcast. Being rich (driving a nice car etc) when your pack/ tribe is mostly not well off means you are no longer part of that pack. That gives most people massive levels of insecurity. ESPECIALLY women who are introverts. WOMEN desire security 100000x more than men.

Maybe all of this is a little too dr. Phil for some...however, it helped us enjoy life at a higher level.

9. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    The Ferrari is not what needs to be removed from your life.

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Single? Divorced? Sleeping on the couch?
    T

11. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    It does not have HS. I looked into it and it costs roughly $12k to add it. I drive it so much I can't image it driving any better. Looked at exhaust, HS, ECU. Just not needed other than to say it has 620hp,

The car is awesome. It's super exciting to drive. I tested a Porsche Turbo S. Great car but not as much fun to drive.

12. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Life is too short to fight over a car. I have a very blessed life.

tomc likes this.
  13. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I get it. I came from a family with little money. Hard working. I have over come many struggles to be where I am today. I'm very proud of my accomplishments.

My son made a comment at a company Christmas party - "Dad, all these people depend on you for their jobs?" I worked hard, I took risks, I payed myself less then many of the employees. I do not feel bad selling the company and stepping aside.

I am blessed. Not going to let a car get in the way.

14. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    I believe...and yes I know that this is NOT PC....its the man's role to lead his family. If there is something not right and he knows it is HIS job to correct it. In this PC era, it is often confusing as to what our (mens) roles are in a family.

Please do not be offended. I am not passing judgment or suggesting anything needs to be corrected (its a car after all...sell the silly thing if you are done with it.) merely making a very general statement.

15. ggonzaga

ggonzaga Rookie

Jul 24, 2015
    How many miles do you have on the car? Also what state are you in?

16. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Car was traded in.

17. jerryw

jerryw Karting

May 18, 2009
    My wife does not like mine either because it is at the dealer for service (any simple service seems to take two weeks) too often and I drive her Targa.

18. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

My new C4S configured as a GTS.

Arrives Nov 2.

Sad to see Ferrari go. But really excited for new Porsche.

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Nice. I'm a huge fan of the 911. Love mine. I think if I could only own one fun car, it would be the keeper.

Are you getting the roof rack? That'd be great for epic road trips. Perhaps the biggest surprise to me in my 4 years of 911 ownership is what a great road trip car the 911 is. We've driven ours from Dallas to Vegas, to Newport, RI, to Roanoke, etc. and even up your way, Two Harbors, MN. Car effortlessly chews up highway miles, comfy, great cockpit, love the ergonomics, and if you want to have a bit of fun, get off the main roads, pop it into Sport Plus and drive it with the paddles.

Enjoy your new car when it arrives! You're gonna love it.

T

20. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    Yes. I want to drive it all year. Carry snowboard, mountain bike, cross country skis, road bike. Also have a sky box that I will put on top.

tomc likes this.