308 GTB Vetroresina | Page 120 | FerrariChat

308 GTB Vetroresina

Discussion in '308/328' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Nov 14, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ricmat

ricmat Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
  2. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Bohhams, Scottsdale, January 18th, lot 33, Vetroresina #19433, no reserve. I saw the car a year or so ago and it was nice. Sister to my car and part of the first 20 made for North America in May, 1976. Someone is going to get a good car.

3. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

4. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    There seems to be quite a few V Cars on the market at the moment...people ditching their cars before a market nose-dive?

5. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    yeah...the real enthusiasts!

Martin308GTB, Hannibal308 and rjlloyd like this.
  6. Bertocchi

Bertocchi Formula 3
    Consultant

Jan 28, 2004
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    David Castelhano
    I believe that long term owners have figured out how valuable the cars are and decided it was a good time to sell

7. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

They may just be testing the market. I wouldn't read too much into it. Where are they going to put their money after they sell?

robbie308 likes this.
  8. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Maybe so. Just seems like quite a few listed, so it’s a curiosity. Could just be the summer selling season.

9. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Apologies if elsewhere discussed, but was AC usually, or always absent on UK VRs?

Also, on a black car, would the waist stripe have been absent, or still painted in satin?

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    On the 3rd steel UK car it was ordered as an optional extra at GBP 360.

Sorry don't know regarding Vetro.

11. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Thanks...I looked at other examples and have since seen both with and without AirCon...makes sense since it was an option. Mine is without AC so I was wondering how common that was...

12. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
  13. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
  14. 308Pedro

308Pedro Rookie

Jul 23, 2015
    Guys, any thoughts on the yellow vetro auctioned yesterday?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

15. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
  16. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

US Vetro, wet sump, miles indicate 62,000+ on the odometer, however, state 14,000 within the write up. Interior needs work, not original seats and the instrument cluster panel seems rusted, I have never seen one of these rust before. No pictures of the engine, so can't tell what state of repair that its in from a general maintenance perspective. Based upon the sale price and the condition of the car, I would expect that the buyer and seller are somewhat happy with the transaction. According to Hagerty, this price places the car within an excellent to concours range. Not sure that we have enough information to validate that. Dry sump would have increased the value another $30K.

308Pedro likes this.
  17. Ian Anlitt

Ian Anlitt Rookie

Aug 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ian R. O. Ablitt
    David I’m an old friend of Greg Young who you have mentioned in your post
    Would love to get in touch with him if you know how ... ian ablitt / Westport Connecticut

18. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Image Unavailable, Please Login So, 19717 made it safely to Arizona. The car looks fantastic and after 2 months not operating, started up with less than 5 seconds of cranking and without a jump while in holding at PackAir in Gardena CA.

Unfortunately, I had two snafus. #1 is a frozen clutch from the humidity and sitting. I’ll rectify that when I get it in a more open place than the wharehouse. #2 is my drivers door now sags about and inch from some jacktard likely using it to pull or lower himself in or out of the seat. Was not like this when it left the seller.

Question: anyone used the jack technique for correcting sag on a VR? I’m loath to try it without some corroboration that it’s appropriate.

19. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Wow, where did you find that bird .From UK?

20. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    Yes, nice car, fairly rare (4/154 in Nero over Cuoio) great “driver” condition (Hagarty 2- or 3+) with all services up to date over a very long recorded period. UK RHD, which are very fun to drive, even here in the US.

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Enjoy your stable or early 308's. The next to 'pop' after the Dino.

22. TripleBlack

TripleBlack Formula Junior

May 1, 2006
    Paris, France
    Hannibal308, beautiful car! I've seen it recently on Instagram, maybe that was your account?

I've noticed it was a Tan interior which is rare for RHD cars, usually it was more crema than darker tint. Cuoio is a later reference name.

As you said, RHD car are pretty rare, if I may, your car should be around assembly 60 isn't it ?

Personally, I wouldn't take the risk to use a jack for the door. Maybe you should change the hinges, it is not a hard work and most of the time it is enough. To do so, you should take off the plate holding the light switch.

Hannibal308 likes this.
  23. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will
    #2999 Hannibal308, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Triple

Thank you. It is indeed a very pretty car. A perfect “driver” to my thinking. The paint is near perfect but not original, a purist will find flaws which are all reversible or relatively minor, and she has been very well maintained.

I dropped the car off with my mechanic yesterday and silly me, I forgot to check the build # on the oil cooler standoff.

The interior is not tan or beige (magnolia). It is cuoio...the slightly orangy tan. I really loved the color as I personally don’t like tan.

I’m not sure about Instagram. May have been my daughter who drove it in the UK while we were there in June.

Regarding the door, we will not jack it. Alex Traverso in Phoenix has a plan to get both doors perfect. I could not say better words for a professional Ferrari guy and he really likes the car...was like watching a kid as he poured over every difference he could find on a RHD Dry Sump!

24. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Full Name:
    Will