The Alonso SUCKS thread | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The Alonso SUCKS thread

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by 355, Aug 25, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC

I am sure Ghosn would have liked a 3-year ironclad deal but htere was no way he was getting it. My understanding is that Alonso has an opt-out clause if Renault does not finish in the top 4 in the WCC points.

I also understand that Honda is willing to offer Alonso a deal for one-year only for 2009.

2. barbazza

barbazza Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 10, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    That's what I remember reading also.

By the way, what's your take on Kubica signing only a one-year deal with BMW? Do you think he would leave 2010 open if Alonso already signed for Ferrari? Or is he possibly aiming for Massa's seat? And if so, wouldn't Alonso have a problem with that considering Kubica's speed?

3. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    If the rumors are correct, 2010 will be one hell of a silly season. I suspect Kubicka is keeping his options open for 2010 as HK's contract will be up at McLaren and there potentially could be a second seat open at Ferrari alongside Alonso.

4. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    They should call you the "twister" and you know why. As for your last post.....dream on! :)

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I don't need a book to know how wrong 355 is when it comes to Alonso. But that really is his problem, not the Scuderia's. ;)

6. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Let's all just come clean, and I'll be the first to admit it; all of the whining, etc aside, my dislike for Alonso is because he "spoiled" the perfect ending to Schumacher's career. I believe FA is among the 2 best drivers on the grid (I won't call him #1 because he didn't beat the other guy who was a rookie while driving the same car). My only legitimate beef with him is beating Schumacher the last two seasons of his career.

In other words, Alonso doesn't suck...he's actually really, really good.

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    His mono eyebrow sucks.. thats it, I'm just jealous, I'm at the stage where hair grows everywhere I don't want it to, and falls out where I want it to grow....:eek:

I know where your coming from with FA, although I didn't mind him beating MS , sorry mate ..;)

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Haha, samething, out of my ears, out of nose, not enough on my head.

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks for being honest. I bet there are a lot of Alonso haters on here for that one reason.

The good news is, that once Alonso sits in the Ferrari, all these fans will quickly come back on board. Remember how the tifosi hated Schumacher when he replaced their beloved Alesi? Yeah, that lasted about until his first victory. It will be the same with Alonso.

10. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    **** init.....:D some guy's get all the luck ..check out Big D's Renault pic's ..;)

11. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Not everyone.

Not this tifosi! I dearly loved Alesi and mere word's could not express the happiness I felt when he won in Canada yet I'm more of an overall team guy than a driver guy. I still would have supported Schumi if he had left Ferrari but my allegiance lies with my team, Ferrari.

12. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well I guess this hopefull prediction can be laid to rest.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    +1

i doubt we will ever see Alonso in a Ferrari anyways. if ever at all the Scuderia decides to replace both drivers in 2011, could be Vettel & Ice Kube.

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Time to revive that thread perhaps?

A lot of water gone under the bridge since that last post, back in 2008. Ten years ago?
    Almost a whole career !!

Since we had the Ferrari episode (better pass on that one), and a repeat of the McLaren episode.
    This time, it's Ron Dennis who walked the plank …

To bring you guy up to speed, this is to congratulate Fernando who after years of trying (well 5 in facts) finally won something substantial.
    No, he didn't suck last Sunday, although Toyota did a little bit.

15. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Looks like something Renault would build, fast cheap and can't go the full distance! :p

My kinda deal !

kraftwerk likes this.
  16. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Prost,Senna, Schumacher. Who else fits in this category ? Fred? Doubtful.

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Ron Dennis thought Alonso sucked. :)

william likes this.
  18. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If I remember, they even used real footage of Alonso in a Renault in that movie. Probably the best comedy on car racing ever made. The uncut version is hilarious.

19. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Really? Maybe that's why Michael Andretti and Alonso get on so well. They have something in common.

william likes this.
  20. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    To be on Ron's most hated list you pretty much only have to have worked in F1. :)

Ron was never "Mr Nice Guy". Then neither was Enzo....

lorenzobandini and william like this.
  21. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Actually the suspense of reading my ten year old posts is terrible. I hope it will last...:)