Speciale Flat floor engine cover | FerrariChat

Speciale Flat floor engine cover

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Golattus, Jun 21, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
    Hi Gents

Today I was doing wheel alignment on my Speciale and as the car was In the bench I had a brief look and I realized that the lower engine cover (flat floor) is carbon made.

All of the Speciales came like that? It’s weird to me that Ferrari fits a non visible carbon part and the diffuser is cheap plastic...

Here you are a photo

Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN
  3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Don't think many owners realise that this part is CF, maybe the never ever look at that place … do they clean that themselves is the Q :D

4. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    To be fair to Ferrari, a diffuser is far more difficult to make then just an engine cover. But yes... makes no sense apart from that.

Or maybe.... you can get epoxy resin that can survive heat far more then plastic. maybe this part is too close to engine or exhaust and it would make a plastic cover melt.

5. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    It's weight savings. The carbon fiber underbody panel will save weight over the ABS versions. The ABS under panels are heavier since they have to be thicker to provide the necessary structural stiffness.

6. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    Here:

Short answer, yes, that's in all Speciales throughout. (watch the 5:15 mark)

7. Golattus

Golattus Karting
    BANNED

Dec 15, 2017
    Full Name:
    JN