612 OTO market values higher than FF | Page 12 | FerrariChat

612 OTO market values higher than FF

Discussion in '612/599' started by MoeD, Aug 29, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
  2. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I like the way you car drives upside down. I have noticed this same option for some of the other Fcars posted on FerrariChat but I have not seen that option listed on the MSRP page or the build sheet and wondered how much it costs. Also does the bar stool come with the car or is it after market LOL

3. 4rextc

4rextc Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Madison, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Stratton Hicky
    Finally gave up on the Sessanta hunt when a nice 2008 TDF blue OTO became a suitable substitute a few weeks ago.

Makuono likes this.
  4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Stratton- She is a beauty, too. The Sessantas were effectively prototypes for the OTOs. If you wanted her to look like a Sessanta, all you need is Chris' (Exoticar)set of 19" Sessanta wheels. Last I heard he was asking $3K or less. Personally, I think she looks great as is.

5. 4rextc

4rextc Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Madison, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Stratton Hicky
    Thanks! I agree that she looks great, as is. The Sessanta wheels are nice because they denote that model variation. I did think about buying the wheels, just to have them as an alternate, but I doubt I'd actually put them on as I actually prefer the wheels she has now, as far as appearance goes.

6. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    If there are no pics, it didn't happen. ;)

7. 4rextc

4rextc Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Madison, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Stratton Hicky
    vcappp and Caeruleus11 like this.
  8. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Looks great! In hindsight, I sort of wished I had gotten the challenge wheels. But I'm pretty happy with the stock ones, and they're easy to clean.

9. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    perfect, great looking car!

4rextc likes this.
  10. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    vcappp and 4rextc like this.
  11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Guess he does not know he can select Sport in Auto. He is right that Auto does not compare with a torque converter automatic or a DCT in auto. Does anybody ever read the OMs for these cars besides us?

13. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Yes...V12 Ferrraris really are cars you have to get to know...and I think some people, coming from other marques, think you can just jump in and drive like you do in other fast cars.

Also, Ferrari owners manuals are different to many other marques, which are more like appliance instruction manuals. People may not realise the depth of information there is in there. I learn a new thing every time I read mine.

flat_plane_eddie likes this.
  14. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Looks almost exactly like my 2006 except I have yellow calipers. Same TDF color, same interior, same wheels.

I ended up with rebuilding a salvage 612 (bent rod) that was exactly how I would have spec'ed it. I had to buy the Challenge wheels (599 version) myself but other than that, it essentially is and retrospective "OTO" car. Even better to me as I rebuilt it and "bonded with it" in that fashion.

Anyway, cool ride!

4rextc and Makuono like this.
  15. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    Two sales at the May 18 Silverstone Auctions event in the UK provided data to update this thread. Here is a link to the full auction results: http://www.silverstoneauctions.com/a-sale-of-ferraris-in-association-with-ferrari-owners-club-gb/view_lots/pn/1/sort/default/order/asc

Chloe Hastings at Silverstone told me that the listed sale prices include the buyer's 12.5% premium but not VAT. That appears correct for the 612 when the winning hammer bid of £83,500 ($111,500), a nice round number, is calculated from the selling price. However, it seems less certain for the FF with its listed sale price of an even £100,000 ($133,700). The hammer bid would have to have been £88,888 ($118,800), which seems odd for a bid. So, be somewhat cautious about the numbers.

Also, if VAT applies to the price, the total cost to the buyer increases considerably. I know this depends in part on where the car will wind up. If it will be exported outside the UK (and perhaps the Euro Zone, but I'm not sure what rules apply), VAT is not charged or is refunded once the car physically leaves.

Conversion from British pounds to U.S. dollars was done today (June 14), not on the auction date of May 18.

Lot 304
    2009 Ferrari 612 Scaglietti F1 (RHD) "One to One" (OTO)
    Rosso Mugello/Cuoio
    VIN: ZFFJY54C000161201
    Engine Number: 134057
    Mileage: ~24,000 miles
    Estimate: £90,000-£110,000 ($120,300-$147,000)
    SOLD: £93,938 ($125,600) including Buyer's Premium of 12.5%
    Calculated Hammer Bid: £83,500 ($111,600)
    If 5% Seller's Fee applied, Seller netted £79,325 ($106,000)
    HGT2
    20 inch, ball-polished, Challenge wheels
    Cuoio 'Daytona' leather seats with beige stitching
    Castoro carpets
    Rear parking camera
    F/R parking sensors
    Yellow rev counter
    Black brake callipers
    Bose multi-media system inc sat nav and Bluetooth
    Full electric heated seats
    Carbon-Ceramic brakes
    Glass panoramic roof
    Full book pack in Schedoni wallet, Maglite torch, tyre inflator, battery conditioner, indoor car cover.
    Service records from new
    Believed one of 20 RHD 'O-T-O' cars.

LOT 322
    2011 Ferrari FF (RHD)
    Grigio FF/Cuoio Toscano
    VIN: ZFF73SKC000183279
    Engine Number: 179874
    Mileage: ~17,000 miles
    Estimate: £120,000-£135,000 ($160,400-$185,000)
    SOLD: £100,000 ($133,700) including Buyer's Premium of 12.5%
    Calculated Hammer Bid: £88,888 ($118,800)
    If 5% Seller's Fee applied, Seller netted £84,444 ($112,900)

Ventilated seats with a semi-aniline baseball-stitched leather upholstery including both the roof and boot lining, a TV Tuner with upgraded hi-fi Potenziato and rear entertainment, Cruise control, Dual-zone air-conditioning, front and rear parking sensors with built-in camera, 20 inch forged Diamantati alloy wheels, Anti-theft satellite system, Tyre pressure and temperature monitoring system, Electric seats, Aluminium calipers, Front axle lift system, Sports exhaust upgrade, FF grilles in carbon, LED Lights, Scuderia shields, Auto-dim rear mirror and Privacy glass.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

vcappp likes this.
  16. GianiCakes

GianiCakes Karting

Apr 5, 2014
    Switzerland
    That's a great looking 612!

17. tres55

tres55 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 18, 2012
    Canada
    Kicking myself for passing up a black on black OTO for $120k CAD a few years ago. Ended up getting a 550 Maranello...but the rear seats would have resulted in more regular use with the family.

MRY and Makuono like this.
  18. gburkett

gburkett Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Glenn Burkett
    Gentlemen, I am currently looking for an OTO and have been following the various 612 threads for some time. Had to part with my Superamerica 3 years ago and need to get back in the saddle! I see a couple on the various web sites and the one at Rosner in Vero Beach Fl seems to be a good value for the options shown.Anyone recognize that one? Before doing anything, I wanted to see if anyone on the forum who started to sell their OTO but didn’t over the past couple of years was now ready to. Also any comments or knowledge of the ones currently on the various sites would be appreciated. Any leads would be appreciated.

19. gburkett

gburkett Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Glenn Burkett
    Thanks to everyone who Sent me PMs about OTOs for sale. Most everyone’s were reluctantly offered or maybe for sale quietly , as they were all very happy and attached to them. Made me even more sure it was the right choice to make. I was able to close the deal and bring home the Nero one at Rosner in Vero Beach,Fl . It just arrived by transport and I’m very excited of course. Serviced at Ferrari of Washington most of its life and had very complete service records. I also looked at the one at Ferrari of a Tampa Bay if anyone needs info on that one. Also very nice OTO.

Makuono, donv, Bundy and 2 others like this.
  20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    congrats - can you comment on msrp, miles and market price today?

21. gburkett

gburkett Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Glenn Burkett

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  23. gburkett

gburkett Karting
    Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2012
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Glenn Burkett
    I actually did type, but missed that little “send “button . The market for 612s in general seems to be about steady,definitely not going down. Basically Seems like they are not well known even among our 8 cyl friends. They are certainly the hidden gem pricewise for 12 cyl cars ,especially the earlier ones with the std wheels and few options. The later cars command a premium based on mileage and the later wheels. The OTOs are definitely bringing a premium of about 35% for the same mileage etc over a comparable late car such as a 2007 or 2008 . The Tampa car was priced at $139,000 with about 12,000 miles , the Vero Beach one I bought with 19,000 miles was also priced around there but the actual price I paid was about $130,000. It had significantly more options than the Tampa car, but more miles. The Rosner dealership had moved from Virginia to Florida and they had owned the Nero car for almost a year due to issues with the relocation ..I looked at both, liked the Nero one better and the dealership attitude and the cars Karma was much better. The Tampa Ferrari dealership had managed to break some valves servicing it , backed it into another car after that , and despite my flying across country to see it, the battery was dead and wouldn’t start. In any case the dealers are sitting on the good cars until they find a buyer and are not in any apparent hurry to move an OTO, even one they have owned a year like mine . Both cars had extensive service records and had been under extended warranty which supported their prices and both were well priced for the value in my opinion. I’m pretty damned happy with mine and still feel like it was a bargain. No window sticker but probably in the high mid $350,000 -$370,000 new.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

vcappp, 4rextc and FerrariTexas like this.
  24. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wow thank so much for that detailed response! congrats on a great car. ive loved owning my OTO since 2009 - it is aging gracefully. You will absolutely love owning it. good job!

vcappp and Makuono like this.
  25. MoeD

MoeD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 1, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Moe D
    I started this thread way back and am intrigued it's still going. Prices of FF's have fallen below OTO's in many cases, and despite the FF's updated tech, I remain sold on my OTO now more than ever. I just cannot grasp the looks on the FF. The longer I own my OTO, the more I love it. Diamond interior, HGT2, and I'm running GTO ball polished rims(RARE). The extra rubber really lets the car explore it's potential--- She's a keeper, and now more than ever...

Attached Files:

vcappp, Camp Freddie, Makuono and 2 others like this.