Owning in Montana | FerrariChat

Owning in Montana

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by backcountry, May 31, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. backcountry

backcountry Rookie

May 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    don cestnik
    I'm in Helena and along with my brother will be inheriting a testarossa. We're uncertain on the details of owning a car like this and living away from a dealer for service. Didnt want to hijack Alone in MT thread but how is it owning this far from a dealer?

2. Dave46

Dave46 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    Central Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Davison
    I'm thinking that you wouldn't be the only member that might need to own or have access to a car trailer to haul his F car to a proper service facility at times. Dealer wise that means a trip to Seattle, Portland or Salt lake but you may get a few suggestions for independent shops that do quality work that are closer.

3. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Zip Auto in Missoula. A white Testarossa and a Red 246 in the showroom, and a basement storage full of Ferrari's and other exotics.
    Backcountry has the contact info.

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    The other thing to know is that with an older car, the "dealer" may not be the best place to go, anyway. There are dealers which have a lot of experience and knowledge on older cars, and others who do not. For example, RTGT in Portland does have experience working on older cars, but so does Craig at the Jag Shop, and Craig was factory trained on the Testarossa, I believe.