Where to buy Fender Shields | FerrariChat

Where to buy Fender Shields

Discussion in '348/355' started by JohnsonsMedia, Jun 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JohnsonsMedia

JohnsonsMedia Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2009
    AZ
  2. alexjack

alexjack Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Don
    I picked up a set off eBay. I wanted to see what the quality would be like. They were roughly $40 for the pair and far exceeded my expectations. Nice fit, and finish. If they ever show signs of deterioration I’ll just pick up another set. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    "Exotic Car Gear " probably buy the same $40 badges off Ebay, and then resell them at $249 on their own site! ;):D

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    I checked ebay, and the only ones in the $40 range (or $20 for one) are shipped from India. For example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FERRARI-SCUDERIA-FENDER-METAL-SHIELD-308-328-348-355-430-360-GRILL-BADGE-EMBLEM/223028973214

5. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Yoshields are dearly missed.

Dave rocks likes this.
  6. alexjack

alexjack Karting

Jun 29, 2013
    New England
    Full Name:
    Don
  7. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Ask James, I-Velocita, he sells them. I just bought a pair for my 308.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  8. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I got the ones from India as a test to see if I liked them well enough to get better ones. The quality exceeded my expectations and the art/paint is actually perfectly acceptable to me. However, they are not an exact fit to my car's fender profiles even though I was quite specific as to what I wanted them for. I'm worried the paint might be damaged if I reprofile them to fit and metal is pretty stout so it wouldn't be easy to achieve the fit I want anyway.

I had wanted to use thin film adhesive to make the installation look as tidy as possible, but that's not possible with the ones I have. You'd have to use foam tape, and even then there'd be a worry of dirt getting behind them because they don't fit perfectly evenly. The Indian shields would be awesome if they were a perfect fit but for my requirements they're really only useful for temporary installation to evaluate the look.

I think it was I-Velocita that looked so promising to me. Glad to know they're still around. Haven't noticed them in the classified section in a while, but I don't go to classified nearly as often as I did before that section got all screwed up. No direct experience with them, but they claimed to supply fitments for specific cars so I'd simply ask if they guaranty a match for your car.

9. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
  10. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    I tried ones from Scuderiaparts. The ones that were sent to me were really poor quality. I don't know where they were made but I was really surprised they had the nerve to ship them to anybody paying more than a few £, let alone north of £200.

Didn't even get the return postage cost refunded!!

11. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I got the ones from India for my 355 and I assume the ones the ones on my 348 put on by the PO were the same as they look identical. They were not the perfect curvature for the 355 fender but I was able to bend the easily to match. The enamel is very durable and did not crack with adjusting the bend. I used emblem adhesive to apply them which I used for anything like this, I never use the foam stuff. 4-5 years later they still looked flawless when I sold the car.
    BUT I did recently buy another set and the enamel was a bit sloppy. A few bubbles and painted outside the lines. It might just be the luck of the draw as to if the 8 year old kid painting them on the assembly line has a steady hand or not.

ShineKen likes this.
  12. darrenliu

darrenliu Formula Junior

Jun 24, 2008
    Melbourne Australia
    Full Name:
    Darren Liu
    Anyone know anything about these shields?

0 items
    Home › 355 Cloisonne Ceramic Ferrari Badge (Pair)
    355 Cloisonne Ceramic Ferrari Badge (Pair)
    Regular price$ 475.00Sale price

Compare at $ 900.00

Quantity
    These Cloisonne Ceramic Ferrari Badges are the closest you can get to the original OEM badges. They are made via the same process and match the height, width, and thickness of the OEM badges. Backed with 3M adhesive these badges will not come loose once you stick them on. They are very durable and highly resistant to cracking, chipping, and peeling unlike other reproductions.

We also have these badges available for other models.

ShineKen likes this.
  13. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Those seem the same as mine. Mine seem ceramic same as oem just not countersunk

14. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The horse may look different

15. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Nope mine look more like Brians maybe they are yoshi but the feel ceramic.

The horse on these is definately not similar to the stock shields. The nose is too long.
    Look at fiorano pictures to be sure

16. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I know it's you car, but why? The 308 never came from the factory with fender shields.

17. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Same reason the OP might put them on a 1995 355 that never had shields from the factory...simply because they want to. It is completely reversible, so no harm, no foul.

JohnsonsMedia and Jakuzzi like this.
  18. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    That's Ferrparts. Why they have this other name, I have no idea.

19. Cirorsi

Cirorsi Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2016
    Louisiana / Lac du Saint Sacrement, NY
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Because they look good on my car.

20. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Here's why, Dave: Ferrari Parts Exchange

21. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    LoL

22. JohnsonsMedia

JohnsonsMedia Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2009
    AZ
    thanks everyone for the discussions. Yes I know my car didnt com with them, but I prefer the way the car looks with them. To each their own it seems.

I think my car has Yoshi shields right now, but during transport they were chipped. I think after the paint work is done they will be put back on to lease some of the "patina".

Other suggestions? I guess I could not have shields.

Thanks!

23. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    If you have decent shields that were damaged, why not look for somebody who repairs enamel? They are about, might need a bit of time to find them but given the cost of decent shields might be worth a go??

Out of interest has anybody bought some original ones and cut the studs of to allow them to be taped on? Expensive experiment....?

24. i-velocita

i-velocita F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 9, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    James
    “Out of interest has anybody bought some original ones and cut the studs of to allow them to be taped on? Expensive experiment....?”

The originals are over 3mm thick and are designed for recess mounting only. Even with the studs removed they won’t look right due to thickness. Also, on some cars the recess has a different curvature than the fender surface.

A348W likes this.