2018 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering | Page 10 | FerrariChat

2018 Ongoing Connecticut Gathering

Discussion in 'New England' started by Joe_CT, Jan 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    What a beautiful day. Thanks to Joe for posting the pictures and giving me a ride in his 488. It only has 170 miles on it and he has only spent an hour behind the wheel. I would like to apologize to some new friends that stopped in. A gentleman and his daughter in a Mclaren were wearing gear from her school. I commented how I would never wear my daughters university unless they paid me. My comments were based on my poor experience with her school. It only occurred to me afterwards that my comments might have been taken personally against them. If I insulted them I hope they forgive me. I wish I could me proud enough of my daughter's university that I could wear their gear. This is a result of my wife allowing me to go unsupervised.

2. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Yesterday I mentioned to a few of the Ferrari owners in our group that on June 17th, from 9AM to 2PM, New Country Motor Cars on Weston St. in Hartford is having an exotic car show. They are planning to empty their lot by the showroom to make room for the display cars. I think they are also planning on some refreshments for the car owners. If anyone is interested in bringing their Ferrari you are requested to email Mike ([email protected]) and leave your name and vehicle info.
    It is open to the public so if any you guys would like to come you're welcome. And I think they would welcome any other exotics as well.

3. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    I informed Mike of my intention to attend. This is on Fathers Day. I hope that doesn't interfere with the event. Would you still go to Gbury? If we get a bunch of the Gatherers to go, we may want to meet there.

4. smss26

smss26 Karting

Nov 19, 2006
    Glastonbury, CT
    Full Name:
    Stephen Spencer
    No worries - that was just my brother-in-law

5. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    The weather for tomorrow is looking great. I'll be in Gbury around 9:15AM.

6. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Me too, but in the daily won't be able drive manual for a while

7. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Looks like a great day to make the drive up finally. It has been a construction zone here for the past year it seems and sadly I haven’t been able to get the cars out at all. No contractors coming tomorrow so I’m gonna dig one out and try to remember how to drive it again. Looking forward to seeing the new toy, Joe. Should,be there about 9:30.

8. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Good turnout today.
    Just a reminder about the car show next Sunday at New Country Mercedes. Anyone with a Ferrari interested in going, see my post above. Four or five of us are going to meet up at the Burger King at exit 45 on I-91 at 9:45 for the drive down.
    Hope to see several more from our G'bury group there.

9. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    UConn Husky and bman6074 like this.
  10. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #235 Joe_CT, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
  11. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    Why can't this car find a home? It's the automotive equivalent of Michigan J Frog. People keep acquiring it. Spending a small fortune and dumping it. We should nickname it "the singing frog".

UConn Husky likes this.
  12. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Well the pesky 355 CEL is back on...couldn't take the frustration, so I went and got rid of the STI. In it's place...yes, another blue STI! But this one is the Type RA, #82 of 500 made. Factory carbon roof, carbon wing, love it!

13. Falcon

Falcon Formula 3

Aug 19, 2008
    New England Region
    Full Name:
    Falcon
    The Ferrari is acting up so you sold the Subaru! Does that work?

14. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Lol yea I was wondering that too. Weird logic

15. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
  16. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Joe, it’s interesting to see cars that got sold, and where they ended up. What years did you have it?

One day I’m going to sell a car and see what happens.

17. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    John, where you be? Looks like Jupiter Island, FL

I owned it from Apr 2009 through Aug 2011. I started a thread when I bought it (link below) and the current owner, which is the third owner after me, picked up the thread on the car to keep the documentation on TR Vin# 62119 going.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/86-tr-vin-62119-official-thread.241461/page-6

18. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Good eye Joe. We are staying at Jupiter Bay. The sunrise was from our balcony. The beach is the one at the end of Bridge Rd in Hobe Sound, on Jupiter Island. Weather's been great. Couple of T-strom in the afternoon. Typical FL in June. When out for ice cream tonight and just as we were leaving the ice cream place a guy pulls in in a Ferrari Cali.

But missing Sunday mornings in GB, a little. LOL

19. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    yeeeeeaaahhh not really related, just spinning 2 things into one comment....

20. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Anyone coming from the Farmington, Avon area going to the car show at Mercedes in Harford that I could hitch a ride with?
    With my broken collar bone I won't be able to drive the lotus or even get in and out of.

21. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Update... Brett, I and a third driver for the 308 will try to be at the Burger King off I-91 by 9:30 if possible. I got an email from New Country and he said another 2 Ferrari's have signed up.
    Gonna be a hot one......maybe 94 degrees.

22. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I am disappointed I will miss the event... hopefully someone can post a few pics.

23. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Cars Against Cancer car show at New Country Benz, Htfd
    Highlights: Stanley's new Pagani Roadster, LaFerrari, Aventador SV, 458 Speciale, F12, 512M, Ford GT (1st gen).
    No Koenigsegg Agera. That car has already been to Miami, Switzerland, London, all over Glastonbury, driven to Greenwich, Monticello, NY and have yet to catch a glimpse. Hopefully next week.

24. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    Anyone plan on going today? Rain looks like it'll hold off until 1.......also it's the New England supercar club meet up today

25. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Mike, today is the concorso in West Hartford