is this the new 570LT? | FerrariChat

is this the new 570LT?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by 95spiderman, Jun 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
  2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Looks like a 570LT. More aggressive diffuser, no exhaust visible in the vid. Must be mid-exit. Probably a little lighter, a little more power, a little more braking and downforce... and a lot more money. Will probably be a really great car.

3. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    oh, didnt notice other thread on this. maybe moderators can merge them?

4. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    That is the new 600LT, will be launched this autumn, it has an active wing, and exhaust resembles the 918 :cool: Only 500 will be produced.

Jo Sta7 likes this.
  5. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Not sure about the active wing, I was told it's fixed.

6. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    My guess is active. All McLaren wings have been active iirc dating back to the 12c.

7. cuneo

cuneo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 20, 2006
    Not the 570. They also have a normal suspension (non-hydraulic) but most everything else is similar.

8. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    Uh, the 570 doesn't have a wing!

9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    new video today shows the 918 style exhausts which is the definite party piece for category. i remember when the scud had the high mounted bumper exhaust and i thought that was so exotic. should be very cool.

10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The 12C, 650S and 675LT are in the Super Series; which all feature active aero, active suspensions. The only other McLaren Series to have these features is their Ultimate Series (P1).

The Sport Series (i.e. 570S,...etc.) are designed without active aero, active suspensions.

Here are some photos I lifted from AUTOCAR's June 22 "600bhp McLaren 600LT: first pictures of hardcore Sports Series model".

It really looks like a fixed wing to me and also does not look like its angle of attack can be articulated as a second or third arm would be needed (see above collage of McLaren wings). The 600LT is intended to improve track performance where additional downforce for the 570S is needed so a fixed wing, à la GT3 RS would seem natural. I believe the top-mounted exhaust is meant to blow hot air between the deck and the wing, to create greater downforce.

11. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Sorry, the forum's 10 minute limit on edits has resulted in an attachment being deleted and not replaced in time.

Here's the attachment I had meant to upload...

The 12C, 650S and 675LT are in the Super Series; which all feature active aero, active suspensions. The only other McLaren Series to have these features is their Ultimate Series (P1).

The Sport Series (i.e. 570S,...etc.) are designed without active aero, active suspensions.

12. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    It is indeed fixed

13. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's probably fixed in position, but nothing about the image says the angle can't be adjusted. It's quite possible the angle can in fact change.

14. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    that wing wont melt from the exhaust hitting it?

15. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    heat shield built into it, painted body color

16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Non active aero and suspension also means the car can be more easily modded further for track and is less compromised in this enviroment.
    I wonder whether the aero has some clever bits like the performante and how much weight has been lost.
    We'll see soon.

As for Mclaren Vs ferrari, was looking at a 488 which looked really nice, then corssed the street and saw the 720. its not even close, the ferrari is last century in comparison.

JAM1 and teak360 like this.
  17. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    agree completely with 720 vs 488. real competitor for 720 will be the 488 replacement. problem I have w macs in general is the butterfly doors. I daily drive my cars and would feel like a **** getting out of that in front of people at work, store, restaurant, etc.

18. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I think whether you get out a red ferrari or butterfly door mac the effect on the general populace is more or less the same, i guess a dark charcoal ferrari could limit it. As most dont know what a Mcalren is, the envy factor is a little more limited, plus you could always say its a kit car. I always liked the R8 because you could say if asked I drive an Audi which is sort of neutral, or a Gtr is even better, hey its a nissan.

supergrilldds likes this.
  19. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    I would have no problem driving a red Ferrari with stripes to work every day as long as it has regular doors. I guess its just me, but I'm embarrassed of lambo doors. and I know the macs are totally functional, allowing for easier entry and exit. oh well...

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That’s a personal issue my man. I personally love the doors and it’s major selling point for me. Plus ingress/egress is way easier with the butterfly doors. The traditional doors on these coupes now are so damn long.

21. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    For what it's worth, I've driven my 12C through 38 states and parts of Canada and only had two yokels in WV give me any hassle about it. Most people seem pretty stoked to see it to the point that making a quick stop to get gas or whatever is next to impossible. In my 355 I could barely make it down the block without someone giving me crap. There definitely seems to be a negative association with Ferrari that doesn't exist with McLaren, at least yet. Wouldn't worry about the doors too much.

22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I think car color also plays a huge factor in reactions. My BB is grey, never had an issue and no one notices, the color does not catch the eye. The exige is orange and while its track only it travels on an open trailer. First day out a cop pulled me over wanted to see papers and said the trailer chains were wrong. Everytime I go somewhere people ride next to the trailer taking photos. the similar looking elise which is gray, no one bothered. My conculsion is like moths humans are attracted to bright things.

On track orange is great because other cars can see you well.

Most Mcalrens I have seen seem to be in more subdued colors.

All my street cars are grey, and never have an issue.

My father who is not a car person commeted for years about a collegues 15k used 928 because the badge said proiche and the color was bright.

23. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Its interestign that soem scribes find the 720 more fun than the senna because the senna is so accomplshed you have to be into ballistic territory on track beforte its rewarding.

I personaly found the 570 more entertaining than the MP12 because you could feel the road in a way you couldnt in the mp12. I'll bet the 570 or 600lt will kick that up a notch again.

Really interesting to see what they have done, and with all the pronouncements from Flewit about light weight hopefully its shed a lot of weight. Im hoping 2800lbs or less, and real downforce.

24. frefan

frefan F1 Veteran

Apr 21, 2004
    I did a hot lap in the senna and personally its not for me. I dont feel comfortable going warp 11 in a $1+MM car on track. Much more fun in a 570GT4. Just my 2 cents, ymmv.