Wanted - First Ferrari!! | FerrariChat

Wanted First Ferrari!!

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Animalerosso, Jun 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Animalerosso

Animalerosso Rookie

Jul 20, 2016
    I love the f355 Gated and also like the 360. What would be the recommendation for a guy looking for his first Ferrari?

2. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    If you can swing the extra money get a sorted gated 360 .. they will give you less problems in the future...they have already taken most or all the deappreciation ..

Whichever you do decide .. read all the buying guides out there to make sure you look for the pit falls .. issues .. etc

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    Hi and welcome to the insanity!! LOL
    Give me a call i will help you , i have some great examples for you
    Mike 973-610-7111
    LIVE LIFE IN MOTION

XLNLIFE likes this.
  4. Animalerosso

Animalerosso Rookie

Jul 20, 2016
    Hello thanks for the info , I’m in Canada and will try to call you tomorrow

5. nitro

nitro Karting

Dec 9, 2012
    Snowmass/KenCaryl
    I 2nd the comment above...look for a well sorted 360 gated or a 3x8qv car for your first Ferrari. We are so happy we went with a 308qv for our first F-car.

6. Nikil

Nikil Rookie

Mar 5, 2016
    #6 Nikil, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
    Fellow Canadian eh!

I have a nice 348 and located just west of Toronto and the vehicle is a Canadian vehicle so would save on import duty and exchange rate etc. The ad is posted here https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/92-348-ts-black-black-36-000-videos-added.578498/ and some videos are at the end.

Having had a few 355s, I can tell you that on paper yes the 348/355 are different in many respects, but driving for fun and enjoying them I can tell you there is not much difference and I personally prefer the more raw non assisted steering on the 348... to each their own!

Hope you find a nice machine to enjoy. We only have a few months until snow again lol

7. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Make sure you drive both.....the 355 has charm and character newer cars do not (I don't own either model).

8. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    A 360 is much easier, and less costly, to maintain. No engine-out service. Much more comfortable to drive, espeically if you're 6 feet or taller. It's really the first of the modern, "reliable" Ferraris. Looks are subjective to your tastes. However, if you're already stating that you like both, then get the 360. I drove both before I decided on the 360, and have loved the car.

9. Animalerosso

Animalerosso Rookie

Jul 20, 2016
    I am leaning towards the 360, but I want it manual I didn’t like the F1 at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    My first Ferrari was a 360 manual gate shifter. I would recommend it highly. Timeless styling, alloy body and pure visceral raw driving fun. You won't be sorry. Get ready to get hooked.

11. Animalerosso

Animalerosso Rookie

Jul 20, 2016
    Thank you for all the great feedback, I will be looking for a while by the sounds of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin Auto Group likes this.