What a Great Experience! | FerrariChat

What a Great Experience!

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Ingenere, Jun 26, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    After much vacillation between a 12C, 570 and a 720, I finally made a choice to jump into the McLaren brand. A 570S w/track pack.

The car has come from McLaren Houston and I was truly taken care of by Mike Grant and Shawn Seaman. After 30+ years of Ferrari dealer disrespect, it is so nice to be treated like a valued customer. I'm sure I'll be back for more!

I can't wait for the truck to arrive!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

IcedAmericano and Bendrover like this.
  2. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Hell yea welcome to the club :D

3. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    She's a Beaut :cool:

4. Aiden

Aiden Karting

Mar 13, 2009
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Aiden Naughton
    Very nice! Yes, you wont find the snootiness you experience at the Ferrari dealers at McLaren. Much more friendly staff and from my experience, very reliable and better built! Congratulations and welcome to McLaren!!

5. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
  6. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    Congratulation, enjoy you beautiful and clever equipped 570S!
    And don't forget to lift it down... ;)

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    gorgeous! love orange and black alcantera is perfect.
    congrats and good luck w it

8. Scott98

Scott98 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2004
    Weston, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Congrats on a great car! BTW, you've got a lot of outlets in your garage!

Scott

9. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I’m very tempted to trade my 458 in for a 570S. Probably next summer but we’ll see. Have to get more time with the NSX this year first.

10. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It definitely has a different 'personality' than a Ferrari. I really like it. It is very tactile and 'feelsome'. It's very good and very quick.

It attracts allot of attention. But it's very different than the Ferrari attention. It's all been positive and it seems to just put smiles on everyone's face.

11. piratepress

piratepress Formula Junior

May 18, 2009
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Chip A.
    Congrats, but you sure changed your mind in a hurry. Just a couple months ago you said: "It may be a great car, but it may be economically unfeasible to keep these on the road. $30K for a gearbox. $30K for a steering rack. $3K for a battery! McLaren has designed these cars to keep enthusiast owners (like myself), away. I have been told that I would not even be able to buy an oil filter and change my own oil as long as tear is under warranty..... and even then, I may be a 'hostage' to the dealer for repairs or service that I may not want to do. This why there isn't a Macca sitting next to my CS right now."

12. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    that's the only drawback with this brand.... that you need to visit dealership for pretty much anything …… I want a 570s or 720s but just saw 600lt wow that exhaust

13. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I talked to allot of people and the gearbox issue is rare and just on the early cars and the aftermarket found a solution that costs about $1 to fix. The steering rack that failed was the only one I could find. It was an early car that was part of a rental fleet. There seems to be some early 12C light issues, but again, early 12Cs.

On to the servicing; there will be a computer dx tool solution. The tool to remove the engine cover can be had, and one of the dealers is selling oil change kits. McLaren may have heard something.

The 570S seems to be a well sorted package, it is brilliant to drive and I can't stop looking at it!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

ekovalsky likes this.
  14. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Welcome to the club; these things are bonkers fast, easy to get in and out, smooth. What’s not to like? Oh yeah “drama” and “pageantry.” Every time I hear those catch words all I can think about is this:

15. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    There's only drama if you are a drama queen or a jerk. I've noticed that the Macca only elicits positive responses from people. For instance, today as I was leaving my barber, I saw a teenager with his parents across the lot have dropped jaws. The kid came over, was all smiles and questions. The parents soon followed and they took a few pictures with the car. The only disappointment was when they asked if I could pop the hood, so they could see the engine...... and I had to go through the explanation and tell them to look through the little mesh wire holes.

ekovalsky, sainthoo and NbyNW like this.
  16. ekovalsky

ekovalsky Karting

Jun 17, 2017
    Arizona & Montana
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Congratulations! I got mine from Houston too, great group there.

I have found the same re: positive responses.

17. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Congratulations, beautiful car.

18. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Mclaren Philly reached out to me and asked if I wanted to come to Eddy merlots in Pittsburgh tomorrow to test drive a 570S spider and then join them for drinks/dinner. I have never bought a Mclaren but had test drove one before. Would Ferrari do this? No way. The dealers are wonderful to deal with. I’m not in the market to buy until next summer but I’m very intrigued.

sainthoo likes this.
  19. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Let's hope they never lose this excitement!

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Great experience driving the spider. Beautiful car. Go kart feel. Not that quick below 4500 rpm but crazy quick above it.

21. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Well, it's been a year with the Mac. What has it been like?

Nothing short of brilliant! The car has been perfectly reliable. It is blindingly quick (I can't imagine needing more speed). The carbon tub is such an incredible platform to work from, that makes the handling amazing. I still have yet to get gas (or take the car out), and not talk to people and get my picture taken. People's responses have been 100% positive. I have had no trouble running away from anything on the road or track and best of all, it makes ME smile!

From the service side...... it is easy. I have done 2 oil changes and they are a dawdle. There will be a diagnostic tool available shortly that I am excited about. Other than absurd parts prices... It won't be long before we figure out what cross referenced items can be had for a fraction of Mac pricing.

If you've been on the fence (like I was), don't be afraid. Get one, drive it and smile!

View attachment 2640071

22. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I just passed one year ownership as well mate, and agree with you 100%, I thought I would be wanting a 720s by now but to be honest you get so much power with the 570 that I have a hard time using it all. I drove a 720 and although it is insanely quick I didn't like the interior set up, didn't feel as special as the 570, and although the gauge moving up and down is neat it was also a bit annoying and almost a gimmick, the dash looked and felt a bit to bland.

Don't get me wrong the 720 is masterpiece but not so much different than the 570 for me to crave it, at least not yet :D

23. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc are just not exotic anymore. There are just too many floating around. At least for now, seeing a McLaren in the wild is an event for most people. That rarity and specialness of the drive (for us) is what contributes to what makes an exotic car.... exotic. I couldn't be happier!

24. Phillychoi

Phillychoi Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2020
    Lansdale, PA
    I'm new to the forum and McLaren world. I'm also picking up 570s with track pack from McLaren Philly today. I hope to have same experience as you guys.
    So exciting!

25. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I've heard McLaren Philadelphia is a great dealer. I'm sure you'l love the car. btw..... the seats are brilliant!