Sold - **1990 348ts - Rossa Corsa/Tan** | FerrariChat

Sold **1990 348ts - Rossa Corsa/Tan**

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by vinny84, May 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    #1 vinny84, May 10, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2018
    For Sale is my beautiful 1990 348ts in original Rosso Corsa with Tan leather. As of this post (5/10/18) mileage is at 32,414 and will be ongoing as I will be driving this car every chance I get until sold.

Car is equipped with Tubi Exhaust & Hyper Flow Cats. Perfect for that F1 sound going through a tunnel or under a bridge ;)

I have owned this car for a little over 3 years. The previous owner owned it for 11 years I believe. He his on here as well and has told me he is also willing to answer any questions from potential buyers.

Since owning this masterpiece, I have taken it to Richard at Competizione & Sports Cars for service in Gaithersburg, MD. Those who know Richard and Fernando, then you understand the exceptional quality and precision these men bring to these cars. For those who don’t, a quick search will bring up the outstanding work this shop puts out.

I have spent over $45k in service, maintenance and engine out service to bring this car to perfect mechanical standing. Included with these services is the inevitable transmission overhaul that these cars tend to need. Parts are all oem original from Ferrari. We had to source various parts all over the world including a Ferrari dealership in Germany and the factory in Maranello to complete this service. Shifter is super tight and crisp, the way it should be as it was from the factory. New clutch was also installed with this service. I have all pictures and invoices saved from both the engine out and transmission overhaul services. It will be included via flash drive to the new owner.

Also included is service records from previous owners since 2001, 2 original keys, all books, leather toolkit, original red car cover, CTEK Battery Tender & Workshop manual

Minor Issues
    • Scuffed rear passenger wheel
    • Dash light and left side markers do not work (All other interior lights, headlights, taillights & turn signal markers all still work)
    • Left side Cat seems to be on its way out. Straight pipes will fix this problem.

Other than that, this car is extremely solid. Pulls hard and is an incredible machine to drive and own. I am very fortunate I had the opportunity to be able to afford such a car. Someone is going to be getting a really solid and well taken care of 348.

Reason for selling?

Purchased a new home last year and I am building a deck this summer. Instead of taking out a line of credit, I would like to pay cash. So, the car must go.

Price

After looking at the current market for 348’s and the condition this car is in, I am asking $62,000. Title in hand. Reasonable offers will be considered. Car is located in Central PA.

VIN: ZFFFG36A9L0087264

I am planning on taking it to Competizione next week for an annual service. Serious inquiries may request a PPI while its’s there at their cost.

Below are some pictures, earliest being from last year while in storage when I was moving into my new home. Photos courtesy of Competizione & Sport Cars and CBRD Speedfactory.

Please feel free to PM and ask me anything you would like about the car.

Thank you for looking :cool:

-Vince

Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    Perhaps it's just the fact that the pictures have a large time gap, but the left front has a right front wheel on it, and the right front has a right front wheel on it. (as best as I can see in the pictures).

can you clarify?

sjd

3. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Hi Steve,

It’s probably from the pictures but I believe these have the correct wheels on each side. Tires were replaced when doing a major service as well.

-Vince

steved033 likes this.
  4. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Going up on BaT very soon. Just submitted my info.

Don’t miss your opportunity on this clean and well maintained 348! :D

5. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Is the Evo also yours?

6. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    It is not. I believe that is one of the shop cars at CBRD Speedfactory in York, PA which is where I had it stored while moving last year

7. turbo3.6

turbo3.6 Karting

Dec 10, 2014
    beautiful car, I love rosso corsa on tan...
    good luck with your sale.

8. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Thank you!

9. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    UPDATE: Holding off on BaT for now. They want a professional photographer to come out and do a photo shoot on my car.

Dropped it off yesterday at Competizione & Sports Cars for an annual service. If anyone wants to check it out or get a PPI done there, let me know and I’ll let Richard know in advance.

I also have a Carfax available upon request.

-Vince

10. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
  11. hyena1994

hyena1994 Rookie

Jun 3, 2018
    California
    Nice...glws

vinny84 likes this.
  12. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Few hours left on eBay! Reserve is at $56,000!

If you’re looking for a mechanically sorted 348...this is it!

13. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    UPDATE (6/18/18):

New Price is $59,999 OBO

Mileage is currently at 32,566. Annual service is completed. Along with the annual service, the electrical wiring was repaired to the rear lights and tag light holder. The left side markers now work. The only light that does not work is the cluster backlight. All warning lights do work and have been working.

However on the way back home, my drivers side CV Boot got cut somehow, so it's getting transported back to Competizione via enclosed trailer to get the CV Boot replaced. All CV Boots are new and were replaced with my Major Service in 2015.

Below are very recent pictures when I drove the car back home from Competizione on 6/6/18. Pictures include the rock chip and light scratches on the front hood along with minor curb rash on the rear passenger wheel. Any questions, please PM me or call/text at 717-880-8089

This is a very well sorted 348!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    ckone77 likes this.
  15. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
  16. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    I have owned this car for about 3 1/2 years. Title is clean, no accidents and still has original paint. Have title in hand.

I have spent a little over $45,000 in maintenance costs. Including an Engine Out Major Service in 2015 and a Transmission overhaul service in 2016-2017. A new clutch was replaced with the Transmission overhaul service. An annual service was just performed 3 weeks ago.

$45K in three & 1/2 years?

17. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Yes, that is correct :D

Major Service in 2015 which also replaced coolant hoses with Scuderia Rampante, brand new oem water pump, cv boots, Hill Engineering bearings and more. That bill was $15k and some change.

Transmission overhaul service in 2016-2017; took a few months to find all the parts. Parts were shipped from various locations in the world including Germany and Maranello. That also included a fresh clutch and brand new 3rd gear and gear set. There were other small things with that service but the final bill was $31k and some change. Only reason this service was performed was because I heard a very faint whine coming out of 3rd gear from inside the car. Gave the go ahead to check it and sure enough it was on it's way out. Could of been worse if I waited and never did anything. Shifter assembly was also taken apart and re greased. Shifts way way better now! :cool:

Not including annual services I did with this car, which just got back from about a month ago

All services were worth every penny!

18. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    "Purchased a new home last year and I am building a deck this summer. Instead of taking out a line of credit, I would like to pay cash. So, the car must go."

You have so much into this beauty... just keep it instead. For awhile at least. I have a strong feeling that your return later will exceed any line of credit interest you'll incur now.

19. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I have been very tempted to post the exact comment. Every investment is a crap shoot but I can't help but think that the condition of this car and the current trajectory of 348 prices gives this example a great deal of upside potential. When you look at air cooled 911 prices and consider how many of those were built and how much more exciting the 348 is to own/drive, these cars are massively undervalued. There may very well be other factors at play here, but if the sale really is only motivated by a desire to avoid increasing debt service I'd either defer the deck or happily pay the interest on a home improvement loan on the assumption that a well sorted car like this will appreciate nicely over the next few years.

Best wishes to the OP though. If you do wind up selling somebody is going to get a really nice car without the hassle of doing major sorting. If you decide to auction the car I'd suggest refinishing the scuffed wheel, repairing the lights, and removing the gauge trim rings to maximize value.

Wade likes this.
  20. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Thank you both for the positive remarks!

I have been thinking of just keeping it. I already have my line of credit in place to do the deck, so that’s not an issue.

21. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    SALE PENDING

22. vinny84

vinny84 Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2008
    PA
    Full Name:
    Vince
    SOLD!

Final price was $54,500. Not sure if new owner is on here but the car is getting sent to Peabody, MA

Someone got a really good deal. Sad to see her go. I’ll most likely be back soon :)