Alfa Romeo 4c who has one? | Page 21 | FerrariChat

Alfa Romeo 4c who has one?

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by ferrari#7, Jul 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    2017 coupe, 4000 miles for sale at Road America this weekend. Sticker is $48k. Hasn't got all the carbon bits but does have the right wheel pattern.

2. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
  3. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    That is a very nice car, I will see if anyone I know is looking for one.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Just drove mine from Vegas to LA this morning. This car is soooooo much fun on the open road. I averaged 75 mph and 31 mpg. How do you beat that? Vegas to LA on about 7 gallons of gas.

riccardone, NEP, Carnut and 1 other person like this.
  5. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    Yes this car is something special. Went on a 3.5 hour mountain run in which I do not go easy on the car yet I raised my average mpg from 27.3 to 28.2. Was not expecting to see that. Not to say that gas mileage is any concern to me it was just funny to see. Used to getting like 8 mpg in the Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheMayor and NEP like this.
  6. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
    Took mine down to the lake house this weekend. Great combination of country back roads and ozark mountain roads. The 4C handles all very well. It is my favorite car to drive right now!

riccardone, TheMayor and NEP like this.
  7. slm

slm F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 5, 2004
    Near Lambeau field
    Full Name:
    Steve M
  8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #508 TheMayor, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  9. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I was really hoping they would make a more powerful updated version of the 4C before they pulled the plug. I guess we will get a much more powerful version in the form of the Alfa 6C supercar, but that won't be the same kind of car I am afraid. Look for a supercar price on that one!! Still I think 4C production will reach over 7000 cars before production stops. Not bad for a halo car.

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Well according to this the 4C Spider will get an update... We will see how far they go.

"The coupé will be retired, while it is said that the Spider will continue. In fact, the Alfa 4c Spider gets an update, according to Danny Pritt (product manager of the 4c), which includes a not particularly redundant reversing camera. A so-called Track Pack is also available, albeit that this is only for the US on the option list. The attractive 4c can be seen as a precursor to Alfa Romeo's future sports models with centre motor behind the seats."

https://www.autoedizione.nl/alfa-romeo-stopt-met-4c-coupe-en-update-de-spider/

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    They can't. The federal rules are changing and the coupe will not qualify.

I think used ones will get modded quite a bit. They engines are quite duarable

I drove mine this morning. People love this little car. One of the prettiest cars in production today. Like most coupes they look better than their spider countparts.

12. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I have done a few things to my coupe, and though this is something I rarely say, I think it is fast enough now. I also think the coupe looks better than the spider, and I am very glad I bought one. I doubt there will ever be another car like the 4C again.

Michael Call and slm like this.
  13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Anyone think I'll fit "comfortably" at 6'3" and 250 (36" pants length). This car would perfectly fill the "fun little open top sports car" slot in my garage...

14. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    This car believe it or not has a lot of headroom. I can't tell you about the legroom though. I'm 5'8 and I do not put the seat all the way back. I'm about half way back and I put it all the way back to get out.

I think you would fit but getting in and out is the biggest issue for taller people. The seats are a bit narrow by normal standards.

If this car has a knock its that most passengers will not like the experience. It's not a great "date car". :)

For me this car is fast enough. Compared to my Corvette C7 they were pretty close. To me, the Corvette is it's biggest competitor in it's price range along with the baby Porsche.

15. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    Plus AZIt's date would have to weigh 90lbs given that the max load on the tub is 340lbs...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

16. riccardone

riccardone Karting

May 24, 2015
    And yes, very much this. The 4C helped me realize I'm way past peak horsepower. You drive the car on a mountain road and you become one with the car, you can feel it working , you know it's there with you.

You do that kind of driving with a 500hp beast with magnerides and stuff, and you can feel the car yawning. You half expect it to start talking and say "wtf is this shyte? I thought we were going to VIR".

To me the 4C's biggest competitor is an air-cooled 911.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

galt likes this.
  17. fga4

fga4 Karting

Jan 2, 2017
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Jerry Cellilo
    Saw one at a Mitsubishi dealership in South SF for $51k and probably could have gotten it for less but no more room. Tiny but sexy.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. ar4me

ar4me F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 4, 2010
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Jes
    I am 6'1" and don't have any problem fitting. My only complaint is that at my height I start not being able to see part of the instrumentation - just the very top, and not a big deal - still love the car. But, with your extra 2" I think you need to go sit in one - it probably depends a bit on torso vs. leg length. I wear 32" pants length, so if you extra inches are in the legs you may be ok. Anyway, go try one...

19. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I am also 5'8" and though old I am still in decent shape (I am 152lbs with a 30" waist), though I still need to have enough room to open the doors all the way to be able to get out. I also slide the seat back all the way, I can see if you have bigger feat it also might be a problem. I am very comfortable in the car and the seats seem to fit my body type perfectly. There is a thread on the 4C forum about adjusting the seat since not everyone fits into them as well as I do apparently you can get it to tilt back, might help the taller driver. I am trying to say this without being insulting but wide people do not fit well in the car and in some cases a wide person would find it difficult to have someone in the passenger seat. Outside of Lotus's that are no longer made or brought here, I really cannot think of a true competitor to the 4C. I thought the Evora might be, but as good as the 400 is, it is different car than the 4C. The Cayman, nope not even the GT4 compares there is a pureness to the 4C that it almost kit car like, and I am so glad that Alfa Romeo took the risk to build it. I think that anyone who truly enjoys driving (and they can fit into one) should go drive a 4C. Yes I have been singing this cars praises many times on here (I still think it is a much better sports car than many Ferrari's), but only because this car deserves all those praises, even when it is still stock (but you should have the 18/17 wheels and at least the transmission flash the engine works much better with the faster shifts).

20. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    First 4c Problem

My 2016 coupe (delivered new to me in March 4 2017) developed its first problem, a loud "clunking" sound from RF and both heard and felt on droop -- so when driving over a sunken manhole cover. Car has 3200 miles I took it in to my local dealer, Richard Fisher's Autobarn Alfa Romeo of Evanston IL.

They found the front suspension mounting nuts were loose (an artifact of the replacement blocks not being tightened to spec?) and that the RF shock had failed. Unfortunately it is a unit with the coil over and is sold with the spring attached so when looking at the defective unit there was no way to tell it was faulty without removing the spring which they did not do.

Fixing the car required a replacement shock unit be ordered and took just over a week. They checked the alignment front and rear and adjusted rear to spec and set front where I wanted it. While this was being done, the shop provided me with a new (152 miles on the odometer) Stelvio which provided an interesting comparison to my Macan S daily driver. More of that anon.

The 4c is back and has been restored to its near new condition, helped by a wash, wax and detail by the dealer. Outside of the noise in this case, as Carol Smith notes, a failed shock is almost impossible for a driver to detect. I could not. I do not know the reasons for the failure. Poor quality roads in Illinois may be a contributing factor but I suspect it was a manufacturing defect. I am guessing the unit is made for FCA by one of the usual shock manufacturers.

The dealer's service was exemplary. I'll cover this is a subsequent post.
    Philip

21. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    ^ My Las Vegas dealer: excellent

Santa Monica: don't ask.

I think it's variable with dealer Service but I suppose that's the same everywhere.

22. sasso1977

sasso1977 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2013
    long island ny
    Full Name:
    cesar
    Wow I could not have put it better myself, the 4c is fun at any speed.
    Ive had a cali , and now a vanquish. These cars are not really any fun under 90 mph. I also had a base 2011 911 cab
    And it was also fun at any speed like the 4c.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I have driven a coupe and loved it. Has anyone driven the coupe and spider back to back or driven each? Is there a significant difference between the two?

24. bcorner

bcorner Karting

Aug 25, 2017
    I’ve setup a WhatsApp group for any Alfa Romeo 4C owners that reside in the Atlanta area. We’ve had one get together outside of car shows. Any that are interested feel free.
    https://chat.whatsapp.com/H1B9e5HcR67ENHQi7kmnbP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro