The Swiss Thread | Page 73 | FerrariChat

The Swiss Thread

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Pav, Aug 29, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Next weekend, Sunday morning, 8th July 2018, at the Golf Resort Pont-la-Ville in Gruyère Ferrari Club Switzerland Historic Lunch with classic Ferraris.

Marcel Massini

2. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    dcjase likes this.
  3. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    JariT likes this.
  4. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Here's a photo from a private meeting of 250 GTE owners at Château Gütsch in Lucerne, Switzerland, 7 July 2018.

Marcel Massini

Image Unavailable, Please Login

JariT and Simon like this.
  5. F430giallomodena

F430giallomodena Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Hello, we are heading to the Stelvio pass for the third year this year. The trip is planned for Sunday, August the 5th, we will start at 6.00 AM in Lugano and meet other cars on lake Como and at 10.00 in Samedan ( San Bastiaun 57, 7503 Samedan)

The trip will then start from samedan with the Full convoy, down to Livigno and then Bormio where we will have lunch.
    From Bormio we will head up to Stelvio pass and take pics on top. Afterwards we will do the Umbrail pass, Engadin, and back home.

We already have several Scuderias, 2 Speciale, 458 Italia, GTC4Lusso, Porsche, and many other cars....who wants to join?
    We will have fin guys, amazing roadtrip and amazing day.

Gisi likes this.
  6. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    I should make it.

7. Gisi

Gisi Karting

Dec 6, 2006
    SWITZERLAND
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    why not :) - 488 spider

8. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Perfect Gisi, send me a private message and I will give you detailed instructions on where and what time.

12 cars up to now and more to join, we will probably take no more than 15 cars because of logistics...
    2 Speciale
    2 Scuderia
    1 CS
    1 458 Italia
    1 488 Spider
    1 GT3 RS
    1 GTC4 Lusso
    1 Huracan Performante
    1 Carrera cabrio
    1 Boxter S

9. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Here's the updated list of the cars joining our trip to the Stelvio Pass on Sunday, August the 5th.

2 Speciale
    2 Scuderia
    1 CS
    2 458 Italia
    2 488 Spider
    1 GT3 RS
    1 GTC4 Lusso
    1 Huracan Performante
    1 Carrera cabrio
    1 Boxter S

Starting point Lugano at 6 AM, meeting point with Swiss Germans in Samedan at 10 AM. Start of the big tour from Samedan at 10.15, lunch in Bormio and up to Stelvio.
    We might accept only few more cars, if anyone interested please let us know.

10. BIRA

BIRA Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2007
    Actually we are doing a tour with the Goodwood Road Racing Club this week end to celebrate its 20 th anniversary. Starting from Stresa to Brig via the Simplon, and taking 15 additional passes during the week end , Nufunen, Lukmanier, Oberalp, Furka, Grimsel in first day , Susten, Tremola, San Bernardino, Splugen, Maloja on the second, and then the road you describe Bernina, Livigno, Bormio, Stelvio, Umbrail, down to Val Mustair and Merano. The group will end up in Innsbruck and I will drive back to Parma. Taking the 308 GTS which already did Nice - Tour Auto arrival- Geneva and then Geneva - Le Mans ( for Le Mans Classic) to make sure it gets as much exercise than the race cars!!

PS If i had the choice though I would take the Stelvio from the North side with the infamous hairpins, from the Val Mustair side passing the Passo del Fuorno en route, via Zernez and come down via the Umbrail, and back to Livigno then the Bernina back to Engadin. I find the North slope of the Stelvio much more challenging ie narrow, and wild than the south part where the road is in excellent conditions. Alternatively I added once the Gavia to the tour and this is the most challenging I have seen with most of the pass with a single lane and only parts to cross other cars coming in the reverse direction.
    In any case those are wonderful roads for car lovers, unfortunately cyclist and bikers thing the same so everyone has to be careful as the road has to be shared by a lot of people in summer.

JuLiTrO likes this.
  11. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland

We did it 2 year ago, from Merano up. result: 2 clutches burnt and impossible to speed over 30 km/h...last year we went up from Bormio and much more "fun"...
    Interesting tour you're doing...cheers

MJR_HK likes this.
  12. AndyCH

AndyCH Rookie

Dec 4, 2017
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Andy F
    Hey guys not sure if already covered... Any good recommendations on where to get a protection film for my 430 Scud "near" Zurich? After the last trip I came home with a bunch of paint chips on the front bumper..

Cheers
    andy

13. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Andy, don't you join us on the Stelvio pass trip? would be great to see your Scuderia back in our group ....
    As fpor the protection film, I suggest you to repaint before putting a protection film on.

14. AndyCH

AndyCH Rookie

Dec 4, 2017
    Zurich
    Full Name:
    Andy F
    Yeah I got the repainting lined up, but could not find a one-stop-shop that also does the protection... so no intel on the latter?

Would be great to leave some rubber on the Stelvio but I need to align with Wifey first.. Also need to double-check on the logistics of heading south. I think as we speak there is half Germany and Holland waiting to drop onto Swiss highways (Bernardino,Gotthard, Simplon?). What do you think?

15. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Hi Andy

Since you need to repaint it anyway I would go to a good paint shop. They either can apply a protection film by themselves or they know somebody who is really experienced at this.

Two paint shops come into my mind:

1. If you bring your car to Karl Tobler to Romanshorn you can also let paint it there. They have a very good paint shop just next to Karl. They did some minor work on my Maserati and when I was there last time he was painting on a Ferrari 330.

2. If you are looking for a good paint shop near Zurich, I would go to René Sahli in 8904 Aesch. They did my bumper on my S7 and he also works on actual and on vintage F-cars. See here: https://autolackprofis.ch/

Hope this helps

Markus

16. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
  17. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    August is late for them and moreover we will do the trip on Sunday not Saturday where most people head south. Anyway we meet in Lugano and go through lake Como, Val Chiavenna and Maloya to Samedan, not very crowded there. From Samedan where we catch with other Swiss Germans down to Livigno and Bormio there is no traffic. It would’be great to see you joining us, would be the 3rd Scuderia in the convoy!!! And all know your car very well

18. F430giallomodena

Mar 2, 2012
    Lugano, Switzerland
    Hello, if someone wants to join us for a trip to the Stelvio pass please let us know. The trip is planned for next Sunday, August the 5th, we will start at 6.00 AM in Lugano (La Lanchetta, Cassarate) and then meet other cars on lake Como.

Meeting point at 10 AM in Samedan for all cars joining from the german/french part.( Shell Tankstelle, San Bastiaun 57, 7503 Samedan)

The trip will then start from Samedan with the full convoy, down to Livigno and then Bormio where we will have lunch. (parking reserved)
    From Bormio we will head up to Stelvio pass and take pics on top. Afterwards we will do the Umbrail pass, Engadin, and back home.

We already have several Scuderias, 2 Speciale, 458 Italia, GTC4Lusso, 488, Porsche, and many other cars....who wants to join?
    We will have fin guys, amazing roadtrip and amazing day.

19. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Flavio_C likes this.
  20. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    If anyone is looking for something a little closer to Geneva or Lausanne this coming Sunday (5th of August), we do our monthly cars and coffee at the Parking du Colovray in Nyon. Usually by 10am there should already be a fair amount of vehicles.

21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    This coming Sunday, 12th August 2018 at the Dolder open-air Ice Rink near The Dolder Grand in Zurich, Switzerland:

https://www.dolderclassics.ch/

Marcel Massini

22. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    #1823 tekaefixe, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Ahhh crap....found out to late....hope everyone had fun!! :d (im really bummed by this!)
    Next trip only next year right?

Im going to the meeting in Aarberg (Bern) in the 19th of August. after the meeting we will go to Neuchatel lake and from there to Munsterplatz in Bern for an apero.

23. JuLiTrO

JuLiTrO Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Julio Saiz
    Hello everyone. I attended last minute the Dolder Classic
    Very nice gathering with very diverse machineri
    We were just 4 Fs that I could count. A Vetro, Dino GT4, Mondial 3.2 and my 308
    Didnt make many pics, sorry :-(

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. fvert

fvert Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Frederic Vert
    Gorgeous blue!