F12 random thought | FerrariChat

F12 random thought

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by italiafan, Jul 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

As many of you know I have several Ferrari’s; I rotate driving them based on what I am doing (date night), cars recently driven, weather (spider), etc.
    When I am driving my 458 spider, Speciale, or 16M I think to myself, “Wow. Ferrari makes an amazing exotic Italian car. This is so awesome!” Vrooooom Vroooom. :)
    But when I start driving my F12 I think (in a more hushed and awed tone, cue warm tingly feeling), “Oh my Gawd. Ferrari has made the greatest car Man has ever seen.”
    Hard to explain (I’m no James Joyce), but jeez...the F12 stirs in me some kind of spiritual awe.

2. 4574

4574 Karting

Jan 30, 2017
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I couldn’t agree with you more. The F12 is just amazing.

3. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Was a pleasure to read, the first statement is just awesome ahahah . It is my new goal in life. I give Myself a few years to get a nice fleet and pay a crowd just for the pleasure of saying this in front of them. "As many of you know.."

I'm glad you confirmed that the SOUL of ferrari is a front engined V12 car , as the commendatore always said

Have you ever tested a Tdf ?

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

A tdf? My gawd I think I’d have seizure sitting it! I’d love to drive a tdf, much less own one.
    I will someday...own one...and a 599 GTO. :)

of2worlds likes this.
  5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    A.M.E.N

6. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    ScottS, of2worlds, MDEL and 3 others like this.
  7. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    RE-AMEN !

ScottS likes this.
  8. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Mr. Swagglesmith - couldn't agree more. Mine does it all and forces a human physical reaction. Can't explain it. Stay away from it for a few weeks or more then cast off the cover (bed sheets) and it starts all over again. Push the red button and get silly. The view from inside, the leather capsule and its smells, the elegantly formed surfaces and the lights on the dash. That big tach. I particularly like the little cues you learn over the years. Like how the engine rocks and kicks the chassis after that glorious startup until it settles into a smooth rumble. Sometime you can accelerate so quickly that on a softly rolling country road its strangely easy to leave the ground with all four wheels. Yes could be described as spiritual. There are a lot of nice Ferraris out there but none able to draw me away from it. They got it right.

of2worlds likes this.
  9. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    Only if you buy Ian's!

10. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The TDF is, quite simply, the greatest car I have ever or, I suspect, will ever drive. It is a masterpiece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds likes this.
  11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Once again, Amen :)

4_Eff_Sake likes this.
  12. bubbaboy

bubbaboy Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    Winter Park, FL
    Full Name:
    John
    Indubitably. JD

13. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I have to agree with OP. The weird thing about the F12 is what when I first drove it (fairly timidly) it felt kind of slow to me. I quickly came to realize this is because the F12 is so effortless at going fast. It doesn't get excited about going 100mph, it's just does it. It's only when you try to push it that the beast awakens. It's just such a fun car to drive, it demands your attention and your respect. Every moment with it is special. I guess my only question is whether the 812 is going to feel even better because it's hard to imagine.

14. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The nice thing about Ferraris is the fact that each model has it's own idiosyncrasies making the driving experiences different from each other. I take the liberty of saying that each Ferrari car is like a beautiful woman and you have them for every taste, blondes, brunettes, etc. The problem only arises when you have to choose a favorite and on this respect your approach is perfect by enjoying the best of each one without naming a favorite.

Caeruleus11 and otakki like this.
  15. clockem

clockem Formula 3

May 18, 2009
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Gary
    As to the question does the 812 feel that much better? Oh it does. So planted on the ground and really superfast. I am glad I kept my F12 as they really are different. Can’t wait to get past the break in period on my 812 to really test it out and hope to avoid any tickets!!

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  16. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    The 812 definitely feels more sporty, planted, and in objective terms: better. But the F12 is still a masterpiece.

-CD-, crinoid, MDEL and 1 other person like this.
  17. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA

Grigio coburn is the color I want too!!

18. Claudia65

Claudia65 Karting

Mar 29, 2017
    Switzerland
    i need to agree....i love all my cars nearly equally....but if i could have only one...it would be the F12...it got everything you could ever ask for...a true masterpiece

of2worlds, -CD- and MDEL like this.
  19. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The F12B is for life !

Claudia65, mclaren slr, -CD- and 2 others like this.
  20. Roland1688

Roland1688 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    Taipei
    Full Name:
    Roland
    I prefer F12 to my 458 SA in driving experience. F12 is versatile in different speed. Can’t agree more what Caeruleus11 has commented that 812 is better.

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  21. MatNZ

MatNZ Karting

Jun 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    MatNZ
    Would love to hear your further thoughts on the 812 compared to the F12 over time and to see if you still rate the F12. I have an F12 as well and not that sure I like the overall styling of the 812.

22. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    I have an F12 and have driven the 812 at Fiorano, and on public roads for a few days. Yes, the 812 is more planted and less jittery on the steering, but I still prefer the F12. Almost entirely due to the styling.

of2worlds, CETH, MDEL and 2 others like this.
  23. luigisayshello

luigisayshello Karting

Jul 9, 2014
    How is your alignment and corner weight?

24. F12lover

F12lover Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2016
    Just nearing the end of a 2000 plus mile drive in my F12. Nothing beats it for style, speed, GT comfort and of course the sound of the V12 on full song! Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

of2worlds and italiafan like this.
  25. irvinest

irvinest Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    UK
    of2worlds, italiafan and MDEL like this.