just bought my first "Ferrari" :) (damaged) | FerrariChat

just bought my first "Ferrari" :) (damaged)

Discussion in '360/430' started by HektikArab, Jul 6, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. HektikArab

HektikArab Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Samuel Allouche
    I wanna get my baby on the road where would I find parts for this car :( besides flebay, I thought id ask the question as there may be a certain "vendor, or member" on here that is known to have the parts for it, needs panels mainly, and headlights, mechanically fine
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I'm going to make some popcorn ...

Formula Uno, F50gta, Freddan and 5 others like this.
  3. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Where in the world are u located?. RHD car

HektikArab likes this.
  4. HektikArab

HektikArab Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Samuel Allouche

Down Under "Australia , all parts for this car would have to be from UK or US. "Shipping is going to kill me I know" :(

5. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
    I hope you got this thing for nearly free, because, it looks like it needs a lot of work.

That front end is mangled, definitely need to cut it off and graft on a new one. Hard to find front end parts like that, I reckon most cars that are damaged and parted out have front end damage, lol.

Though, I do have a pair of Red Headlights if you're interested. Clear-coat is fading one on of them, but, should be an easy fix with some sand paper. I just opted to replace it instead.

Formula Uno likes this.
  6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Good luck

All the usual breakers have been mentioned many times here such as Eurospares in UK & Cheval Cabre in France (not for headlights obviously !)

There's one or two in Germany and appears to be one in Poland who is on Ebay a lot

Try a search on breakers

And I think the front tyres look like they need replacing - by the time you have finished they could all be too old

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

The missing front wings make it difficult to determine extent of frame damage, simply based on photos. That appears to be a pretty significant shunt, at least in the context of the Ferrari world. I'd ring www.exoticautorecycling.com in California. The pieces you'd need to put that 360 back together correctly, as 'new' items, would be cost prohibitive.

8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    You've come to the right place. Contact @97 Spider , he parts out 360s and sells the parts for extremely reasonable sometimes downright cheap. That being said, I hope you got that car for a steal. It's gonna be $$$$$$$$$ to get that thing back on the road. That's why you see so many of these cars totaled out with what looks to be minimal damage. Be prepared for a bit of slack from some folks. I hope you post your progress. Welcome to the board!

HektikArab likes this.
  9. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I've done some crazy stuff over the years (rebuilt my share of cars), but never with a car like that. The only bright spot is that there are a lot of wrecked 360's out there, but my thoughts are that once you start to take it apart you might find a lot of things that are not visible. I'm surprised the wheels are tires look untouched, so maybe the frame was untouched. The front side panels, were they taken off for some reason (were they undamaged). if they were not that would explain the wheels looking like they do.. This looks like a front end hit, and it does not take much to crumple the hood on these cars. Can you move the front wheels with the steering wheel?. I wish you luck, you have guts!

HektikArab likes this.
  10. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    MD355, piratepress and Caphill like this.
  11. HektikArab

HektikArab Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Samuel Allouche

thanks

12. ItalianDonkey

ItalianDonkey Rookie

Jul 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ryan Oakley
    Congratulations on the purchase HektikArab.

In my opinion the damage isn't too bad, as long as a reputable body shop who knows what they are doing carry out the repair, I am sure it will once again be a great car on the road.

Parts wise, Call/Email Mike @ Prosport Ferrari here in the U.K. They carry a large stock of parts and also remanufacture a lot of bits you will need... front panel, radiator cages, radiators, bumper etc.

If you don't fancy the repair bill/hassle message me as I may be interested in purchasing the car from you! (That makes two of us who are crazy!)

HektikArab likes this.
  13. sanfran

sanfran Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 10, 2004
    LA
    Full Name:
    Oliver
    Can I make a suggestion on how to get this car on the road the quickest?

.... Since you are in Australia....

I would buy a black front hood, some LED head lights and blinkers, attach all loose wires securely, check all mechanicals and be on the road Mad Max style.

Ghostdiver likes this.
  14. HektikArab

HektikArab Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Samuel Allouche
    Hey bud thanks for the help, I will contact Mike. I dont really pay attention to people who hate so if fixing a an exotic sports car makes me crazy I guess all there mechanics are too then :). In regards to selling it I might keep it for now unless your offers worth it. I would of thought these cars were cheaper in the UK than Australia ?

15. HektikArab

HektikArab Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Samuel Allouche

im unable to PM him directly , I think because im "ROOKIE" status, can you get him to PM me please ?

16. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    OP you’re 1000x braver than me but you’ll have an amazing car when you’re done! Best of luck and welcome!

timjen88, Evad and HektikArab like this.
  17. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Sent him a PM to check out this thread

HektikArab likes this.
  18. HektikArab

HektikArab Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Samuel Allouche

Im not doing it myself , just sourcing parts and maybe share some information and photos of my repair

19. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Turn it into a F430 look-a-like. Someone displayed it here last year (not able to find the linky).
    Nothing to lose

20. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Makes no sense. Everyone appreciates that the 430 is newer, more modern, faster, etc, but most people prefer how the 360 looks.

21. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Alex how did u go with bumper and H light on G tree

22. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I will never understand the time any money invested into a car that you will be married to. :confused:
    And you will lose your shirt when it's time for the divorce.

There's just too many of these cars out there running, driving and well kept for around $50K-- and will have a decent resale value without a disaster in their past.

But with that said, live and let live. Truly, good luck with it.

23. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    To the OP I would suggest that you not take the advice of others here as hate but rather as a realistic assessment from experience of the costs associated with a repair of this nature. Even for a RHD domiciled in Australia (I know the prices are higher for cars there), and assuming the donor car was near free AND all of your repair labor and parts sourcing time was free, the parts bill alone for used parts will make this project financially backwards. In the end you will be left with a car that will be obviously repaired to anyone who inspects it leaving it at significantly less value than a clean no stories car. Take it from people who have been there and done that over many years and who have a good appreciation for the Ferrari world and the costs of repairs / the perception of a repaired car.

That said I will respectfully ask the OP what are your motivations in taking on this this project?

24. HektikArab

HektikArab Rookie
    BANNED

Jul 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Samuel Allouche
    Im keeping this car. With all respect to people on here , it does not make a car devalued once been damaged. Ultimately every car will undergo repairs in its lifetime, whether this be mechanical or cosmetic, and should not devalue or impede ones opinion on purchase. However there are cars that have never been mechanically and cosmetically damaged and that gives the potential "Paranoid" buyer a bit more piece of mind that everything was fitted to "manufacturer specs", that being said some cars can be reinforced structurally stronger then "Ferrari manufacture specs" and would make this "modified /repaired vehicle" safer was it to crash compared to how the manufacturer created it, so does this now "appreciate" the value to a car that has never been modified ? well depends on the persons perspective and if they just prefer a car that is "factory designed" or potentially "better then manufacturer design" (modified to be structurally stronger), if its a car with less then 50kms I would say "yes, untouched/modified/no previous damage/major mechanical works" but if its kms are driven vehicle then the vehicle needs to be serviced and as far as becoming a "collectible" ones kidding themselves unless it is a very rare car, then kms, previous damage, restoration , etc "DONT MATTER" . Hope this answers your question