New to me 430 Spider - Driven... | FerrariChat

New to me 430 Spider - Driven...

Discussion in '360/430' started by DJATL, Jul 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DJATL

DJATL Rookie

May 24, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    DavidP
    Just took delivery of my first Ferrari, a beautiful 430 Spider in GS/Bordeaux. Purchased from Ferrari of Houston, link below, can't say enough good things about the experience, the car, and the service provided by Ryan at FoH. Due to travel, I closed the deal in mid-June, FoH stored the car, then several agonizing weeks later I finally had it dropped at home.

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/2006-ferrari-f430-spider-f1-at-ferrari-of-houston.574441/#post-145944526

Bought it sight unseen, which some on here will say is suicidal, but after many emails/calls with Ryan, additional pictures, service records and the Ferrari Approved program backing it I was comfortable to pull the trigger. Car was exactly as described, if not better, and I couldn't be happier. Transport was a breeze, Ryan handled the logistics and the transporter even arrived a day early - a huge bonus. Inside the car were two goody bags with documentation, books, VIP book, car cover and other nice FoH surprises. Took my M3 away (trade-in) and swapped keys. GA requires emissions inspections and he even called Ferrari of Atlanta and had them reach out to me the day after delivery to schedule - I never asked him to do this, but this small detail is another example of great customer service.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    About the driving - 3 days of ownership, 520 miles driven, all I can say is what a car. Took it up to the Tail of the Dragon for a little baptism and it performed flawlessly. Coming from multiple Porsches/BMWs was a little apprehensive about the long trip but it was unfounded. The sound of that screaming V8 through the Canyons, echoing off the rock walls was worth every minute, and surprisingly it was more comfortable getting there than in the GT3. Amazed at the attention even a Silverstone FCar gets (all positive so far) quite different from my previous Porsches, even a metallic orange C4S. Lots of thumbs up from the mostly superbike/cruiser crowd on the Tail. As you can assume, this car will be driven and I can't wait for the next adventure....if any FChatters around the ATL want to hit the road shoot me a PM.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Big thanks again to Ryan and FoH, feel free to PM me if you want more details on my great experience. I will definitely go out of my way to work with them again when I am ready for my next Ferrari.

Dave

whatheheck, Ryan... and Way2fast like this.
  2. -BEASTMW-

-BEASTMW- Rookie

Mar 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    Derek Jensen
    Awesome, congratulations! This is just about my ideal spec (looking to add a similar one in a couple of years) and in great shape. Enjoy in good health.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    F430 spider was one of my all time favorite cars. It still has a mechanical feel and a "true" convertible feeling

She's a beauty!

Themaven likes this.
  4. ihavearedferrari

ihavearedferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 23, 2007
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Which model M3 did you own?

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Very nice, congrats, and enjoy.

6. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Nice! Also in GA and bought my car sight unseen (PPI and pictures, etc.), no emissions up here in Squidbilly land, but the usually ridiculous TAVT saved me a few thousand. You ever make it up toward Chattanooga?

7. fc2

fc2 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Nov 2, 2006
    Silicon Valley Ca.
    Full Name:
    Frank C.
    Wow, congrats and especially happy about the great experience you had with FoH. So many horror stories played out across this site so it's great to see someone over-deliver.

8. cwilson13

cwilson13 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 20, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    CWilson
  9. Red 27

Red 27 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 2, 2008
    San Diego, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Congratulations!!!!! Enjoy.

10. tmvatlanta

tmvatlanta Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2017
    Covington GA
    Full Name:
    Tam V.
  11. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Very nice. Grigio Silverstone? If so, same as my gated 430 Spider. Fantastic car and great colour, understated. The Mayor is absolutely right about the mechanical and convertible feel - 458/488 feel more enclosed, more like a Targa. Taking mine out for a blast across the UK this weekend. Enjoy!

12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great looking ride congrats!

13. Mighty Joe

Mighty Joe Formula 3

Sep 3, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Last months Corso in Buckhead brought out about 27 Ferrari's as I recall (360's, 328's, a 348, a 355, 430's, 599's, F12's, 458's, 488's an 812 Superfast) and it was a pretty darn hot and muggy day!
    The next is Sat July 28th from 10:00-1:00 I won't be there for this one, but ask for Tom and introduce yourself, he is the FCA Prez here in Atlanta and he'll introduce you to all the cool F-car kids!!!
    Ciao, Joe

14. DJATL

DJATL Rookie

May 24, 2018
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    DavidP
    Thanks for all the replies!

@adam, traded an E92 M3, still have an E36 in the garage.

@matt, Chattanooga's an easy drive, there must be some good roads around there?

Hope to see a few of you there on the 28th in Buckhead!

15. whatheheck

whatheheck F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 27, 2006
    Seattle, Wa
    Full Name:
    Dan L.
    Looks great! Congrats!

Dan