Indy Shop Central Florida | FerrariChat

Indy Shop Central Florida

Discussion in 'Florida' started by jlonmark, Jun 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Hey F Chatters,

I'm writing from Los Angeles. A good friend of mine has a 07 430 spyder that is at Ferrari of central Florida. Somebody tried jumping the car and "waaa-la." So the agency wants $2200 to fix the car. I know you can rebuild the alternator, etc. Who is a good indy shop that you guys like?

Thanks!

2. Konadog06

Konadog06 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 22, 2007
    Daytona Beach, Florida
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Numerous threads here in the Florida section with recommendations.
    Bruce at Maranello AutoSport 30 minutes north of Orlando.
    Bill
    FL

3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

How much can really be saved from the 2200 ? I think the would rather have a new OEM alternator and be done with it. Best , Kirk.

4. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Compliments of F Chat.... Bruce Anderson, Owner @ Maranello Autosport (352) 602-7183‬. This guy seems to be the man! Used to work at FoCF

5. mr_bock

mr_bock Formula 3

Oct 27, 2006
    FL full time
    Don't let the dealer sell you a new alternator. A shop like Maranello Autosport can pull the alternator and have it rebuilt good as new for way less that that of the Stealer!

6. 400iGuy

400iGuy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2004
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Al
    Did your good friend contact Bruce Anderson @ Maranello Autosport (352-602-7183)? ‬I agree with mr_bock, the alternator is simple and inexpensive to rebuild. Drop the rear under-tray and the alternator is right there. I can tell you from experience, Bruce does excellent work at a fair price.

To Cigarzman, there can be a significant savings to rebuilding the alternator. 75%+ in this case and you still have the original alternator that came on the car, just a few internal parts swapped out.

7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Al , I learned something today. I best stick to what I know . The 430 engine is in the back right ? :)