2018 Chicago Region Events | Page 4 | FerrariChat

2018 Chicago Region Events

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by F1tommy, Dec 2, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Thanks to all at Collector Car Garage. Great turnout with a wide variety of vintage and modern cars. Sadly, I had to leave early. Hopefully see everyone next month.

F1tommy likes this.
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Any photos?

3. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Wish I could have gone. Please post photos if you were allowed to take any.

4. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Yes - thanks to CCG!

I arrived later than planned, but hey, I have a contract on my old house so let the renovation planning for the new house start!

I didn’t take photos but there were some nice modern cars - 355, 360, 430, 458. I still haven’t met the owner of the 355B with the lincense plate of F 355. I have missed him twice to talk about 355 ownership! We are thinking about a 355 GTS.

There was a great looking GTC4 Lusso and a cool red diesel ‘91 D90. Inside there was a gold/bronze 720S that looked pretty slick.

Attached Files:

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Busy weeks ahead for classic race car lovers....

Next week the Miller event up at the Milwaukee mile:

http://harrymillerclub.com/

And the week after the Brian Redman historical races at Road America.

6. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Supercar Saturday tomorrow.

7. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Dang, maybe next time, we’re going to the barrington brew fest but that’s later in the afternoon

8. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
  9. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Thanks to all with Supercar Saturdays for organizing these events. My pictures don’t reflect it, but there was a great turnout.

10. gh0st0

gh0st0 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 2, 2018
    Midwest
    Anyone going to the fuel fed meet up this Sunday?

11. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Probably. It will depend on the weather. Early forecast looks good.

12. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    I have family that will be in town, and hoping to stop by on our way to Devil’s Lake for a little hiking.

13. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Well I've been looking forward for this get together and setting up to have 3 Gt4s there. But since the body shop won't have my repairs done after a month looks like my car won't be there. Never again will I redo a car

14. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    Hopefully when you get the car back, all of the waiting will just be a bad memory.

WJC likes this.
  15. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Thx. It's been back and fourth for three years.

16. WJC

WJC Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Joe C.
    Not to continue to be off subject - but we have had our car in the shop for over a month for a couple of cosmetic things. Never again will I do that in the middle of summer!! Lost of lot of drive time!

17. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
  18. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Any numbers expected for the Polo match on Sunday?

19. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    The voiturette era Bugattis remind me of the Hunter S. Thompson quote, “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Amazing cars for their time, but I bet they are scary as hell at speed. Thanks for the pictures.

20. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #98 F1tommy, Jul 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Very true. I think the Miller engined Indy cars may have been even more scary as those motors added a lot of speed. Here are some engine shots. All these motors pictured are from the late 1920's(other than 1)!! Wich one looks more advanced, the American or European(Bugatti bottom). Also a Miller designed twin engine boat built around 1929 that made almost 1000hp!! Not a surprise to me that Bugatti bought and reverse engineered a Miller back in the early 1930's. Giving Europeans credit, those overhead cam Peugeot GP cars from 1914 were amazing!!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

JP365 likes this.
  21. JP365

JP365 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    John F
    The craftsmanship is amazing. Thanks for sharing.

22. wildcat326

wildcat326 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 10, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Out of a clear blue sky, wife looks at the event calendar on the fridge this am and says, "Let's go to the polo match."

There were probably close to 30 cars, mostly newer ones, but the star in the center position was Dave MacNeil's black LaFerrari Aperta (no GTO, sadly). By the end of the day, there was a LOT of resentment building among the FCA members; basically the polo club had us out to display our cars, sold sponsorships to luxury goods purveyors based upon the heightened exclusivity of the event, then FCA folks weren't allowed into the "members" hospitality tent or to sit in any chairs on the lawn or grandstand. Match was supposed to start at 2, with us leading the horses onto the field around 1:30-1:45. Instead, after they told us to get there around noon, we found out the match would start at 3, and we should queue up at 2:30 and wait in our cars for 20min. Was more than 90 degrees with high humidity, and by the time my wife called it quits around 2, others were leaving and a few organizers were fuming. Everyone was so sweat soaked we probably lost several pounds in that heat. Worst FCA event I've ever attended (not through any fault of our own guys). The LaFerrari was cool, though...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login