Ferrari History | FerrariChat

Ferrari History

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jomar, Jul 8, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jomar

jomar Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Looking at a 430 with 6200 miles, Clean car fax 3 owner car. My problem is there is a very small paper trail for service. Current owner has only service records for last 2 years during his ownership. I know confidentiality comes into place when talking to dealers where car may have been serviced. Is there somone to hire to obtain or some other way to obtain records. I have VIN #

2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Any dealer can run the vin to see what campaign service has been done, but in my opinion, the recent service is the most important and you can use the lack of history as a negotiation tactic. The car only has 6k miles. There's not a whole lot of history there to begin with.

Mikael-F360 and Texas Forever like this.
  3. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

FWIW , I purchased a 2007 5000 mile 430 spider ~5 years ago and after another 3000 miles it cost me 14k in repairs. Moral of the story is the car was never driven thus the large repair bill. I would find one that’s been driven more unless it’s going to continue as a garage queen. Best , Kirk.

kerrari and Texas Forever like this.
  4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    The key is for the original owner to drive it enough to fix everything under warranty. Sadly, most don't because they're afraid of hurting the value of their investment.