Haas | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Haas

Discussion in 'F1' started by Tokyo Drftr, Feb 28, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Often. Maybe F1 drivers should be like horses in a claiming race. The top three drivers in each race can be bought by another team. That would keep them moving around and we'd begin to see when the driver makes the difference and when the car does. All the drivers would be on base salaries set by FIA, all money over that would be for promotional services and paid directly by sponsors to the drivers. Those worth a lot would make a lot, those at the other end of the stick would only get what the market felt they were worth. The cream would rise to the top, and the dregs would get thrown out.

JimEakin and 375+ like this.
  2. V12 Speciale

V12 Speciale Formula Junior

May 22, 2017
    I just hope that Santino little ***** doesn't ever make it too F1.......see people, this is what happens when you spoil your kids and tell them they are the greatest everyday of their lives

3. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    Grosjean form unacceptable says Steiner

JULY 10, 2018

Gunther Steiner says a "critical moment" could come amid his patience with struggling Haas driver Romain Grosjean.

Frenchman Grosjean has had a mainly poor season with the American team, and it didn't get better at Silverstone.

Haas had to change his chassis after a crash in Friday practice, then in the race he collided with his teammate Kevin Magnussen as well as Carlos Sainz in separate incidents.

"I would not call it failures," team boss Steiner said. "It's becoming frustration.

"Every time we hope that everything turns for him, but it happens again. We will certainly cope, but it's not easy.

"We need to score points, do the maximum in every race weekend. It's important for us to move forward rather than standing still," he added.

"I support Romain and that's my duty, because I care about the success of the team. How long will it go on? I don't know when the critical moment will come.

"It has not yet arrived, but at some point we must stop losing points. This is extremely important. In the first half of the season, we lost too many points due to our own mistakes -- it's unacceptable," Steiner said.

4. V12 Speciale

May 22, 2017
    please get rid of Grosjean and put Leclerc in that seat.........then in 2020 Leclerc could go to ferrari if he is ready

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I see a lot of sense in this. Let Leclerc gain one more year of experience in a quicker car against a more experienced, better (than Ericsson) teammate. Leclerc will NOT suffer from another year of learning. I think he's great. But Ferrari is unforgiving. Be a shame to see his career ruined if he gets dumped early after some mistakes.

Lets not forget he's had quite a few faults this year, even in recent races/qualifying sessions. He gets away with it because a) he's learning b) he's not in a top team so cameras not on him so much. Do this at Ferrari and expect to be send home soon....

Ryan... and NEP like this.
  6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    At the very least Grosjean needs to hit the reset button, he should be replaced immediately if only for a race or two. His ban in 2012 served as a wake-up call and he returned to F1 with his head on straight. I would put Giovinazzi in the car and see what he can do. As Steiner said Haas has been throwing away constructors points and can't continue to do so.

7. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    That wouldn't be a good career move for Leclerc, IMO.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    With a signed contract for Ferrari 2020? Yes it will be...

9. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Is Leclerc already signed by Ferrari for 2020 ?

When you start moving from one satellite team to another satellite team, it may sometimes stall your career progression.

Just ask Wehrlein ...

10. V12 Speciale

May 22, 2017
    Why? The 2018 Haas is a damn good car with a fast Ferrari engine in the back. Its better than his Sauber. perfect step up the ladder rung and he would be able to fight more in the mid pack getting him ready for the big Ferrari seat

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    If Ferrari thinks Leclerc is that good (which he probably is), they should promote him to the home team next year, rather than messing him up by placing in another client team. That's my opinion.

375+ likes this.
  12. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Agreed, not really much different than Max getting promoted from TR to RB. Besides generally speaking there is less carnage at the front.

375+ likes this.
  13. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Grosjean needs the boot. He has been at this too long to be making these mistakes. Leclerc isn't much of a risk in comparison. Promote Leclerc to Haas for easy points and to warm him up for Ferrari.

14. V12 Speciale

May 22, 2017
    Max didn't get promoted to a WDC winning car.....lot of pressure in your second year to be giving a car that could and SHOULD win the WDC/WCC

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Why I don't like with that proposition is that Leclerc would then drive 3 different cars, for 3 different teams in 3 years.
    That's enough to destabilise anyone,.

If Ferrari values Leclerc, it would be better to bring him at Maranello under the wing of Vettel, give him time to adapt and not make much demand on him during the first year.
    That's what I would do if I was in Arrivabene's shoes (!!)

jcurry likes this.
  16. I know the flak I'm about to receive but I must...it's genetic. As always, I'm not a fan of anyone, but, " fake news" rears it's ugly head once again....
    The "headline" says Grosjean form unacceptable says Steiner, but even within the quoted statement is the truth...
    "I would not call it failures," team boss Steiner said. "It's becoming frustration."

More importantly, the actual "form unacceptable" was the team's, not Grosjean's...
    "In the first half of the season, we lost too many points due to our own mistakes -- it's unacceptable," Steiner said."

Accuracy is important for one's credibility. :)

(What's the source of the article? I'd like to write them...)

17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Grosjean probably should get the boot, but Sauber is going to want to keep Leclerc for this season. He is scoring valuable Constructor Championship points that are desperately needed.

18. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    I think giving Charles one extra season would be good without going to Ferrari yet. I think putting him in Haas will give more experience in facing more competitive driver like say KMAG and allow him to try to beat out the RB in a inferior car like the HAAS will impress Ferrari into getting his seat.

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    much respect to Haas, until I see hard evidence - all this "Ferrari is helping them cheat" is rubbish.

20. Tifosi Ferrari

Tifosi Ferrari Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2017
    Well that's from less informed people of the sport doing that. Anyway I expect 2019 Haas to give RB a run for its money or top the midfield. After all the current midfield are not happy with the look a like SF70H that Haas is using and is giving them a hard time. I can't wait to see what's the reaction when they get some form of the Sf71H running in 2019 they probably be raging about it.

paulchua likes this.
  21. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    If Leclerc is as good as he now looks, I'd leave him with Sauber another year, let him learn how to be a team leader, and see how far his talents can help the team move up the food chain. I'd put Ricci or Ocon next to Seb in 2019. Both have the experience and the skill and the desire that Ferrari needs to both help Seb and to push him.

22. BMWairhead

BMWairhead Formula 3

Sep 11, 2009
    Portland, OR
    Full Name:
    Ted
    The cheating accusations as an excuse are get old.

Lewis/Toto/Mercedes claim Ferrari cheated by spinning Hamilton...

The Haas-Ferrari relationship...

The mini tire factory in the back of the Mercedes pit...

Batteries... mirrors... cheating the VSC...

There's a lot of whining when the series is more competitive.

paulchua likes this.
  23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Verstappen wasn't scheduled to be promoted that quickly. He was only supposed to come after the 2016 season. Circumstances led to his sudden promotion.

Kvyat, Perez, Magnussen...all products of promoted too quickly.

Leclerc looks great out there, but his only benchmark is Ericsson. Not the greatest benchmark there is. An extra season in Haas (or Alfa) will not hurt him.

NEP and 375+ like this.
  24. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    no idea, but if Ferrari offer him a contract for 2020 if he does an extra year at Haas or Sauber, he's not going to refuse is he. Putting him at Haas and against a better benchmark (Magnussen) is great evaluation opportunity for all, and I hardly call it a stalling of career progression.

Look the other way...Ricciardo went from HRT to STR to RBR. Career progression.

375+ likes this.