330GT 2+2 Series I Parts WANTED | Page 9 | FerrariChat

330GT 2+2 Series I Parts WANTED

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Darren C, Oct 23, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob550

rob550 Rookie

Aug 24, 2008
    Ancaster
    Full Name:
    Robert Bernacci
    Great news.

2. Lowell

Lowell Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 17, 2005
    Santa Fe, NM
    Full Name:
    Lowell Brown
    Darren,

I have always looked forward for a new posting from you.

I am very sorry to hear of your health problems.

Lowell

3. olinde

olinde Karting

Mar 23, 2004
    Bump!

4. Alec Stock

Alec Stock Rookie

Mar 12, 2018
    Full Name:
    Alec Stock
    Darren,
    I can provide you with most if not all 330 parts.

Please email me.
    [email protected]

5. cccnorton

cccnorton Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Norton
    Gentlemen,
    I am working on a 64 Ferrari 300GT 2+2 for a customer who unfortunately has misplaced two parts he removed many years ago. One being the driver's side turn signal/marker light lens and the other being the drivers exterior door mirror. Any ideas on where I could find these? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I believe the marker lens is the same for both sides.

Thank you,
    Jeff

6. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Hi Jeff,

Try Tom Shaughnessy first.

7. cccnorton

cccnorton Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Norton
    Thank you!

8. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Mr. Fiat has the door mirror and side marker light, I don't think they have the turn signal lens though. The 330 GT did not come with a door mirror from the factory, but they were often fitted by the dealer on request of the customer when new. This mirror is generally considered "correct" -> http://mrfiat.com/ferrari-250-275-330-365-side-view-mirror.html

Would love to hear from Darren, who started this thread on a very valiant mission.

9. cccnorton

cccnorton Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Norton
    That is a huge help... thank you! I have seen several cars with and without the door mirror, always wondered which was correct... thank you for the information on that.

10. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    Mirrors were seldom factory installed. Here's an appropriate mirror:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ferrari-250-275-330-365-Side-View-Mirror-New/163041448699?hash=item25f60712fb%3Ag%3ATUQAAOSwVFlUB3je&_sacat=0&_nkw=ferrari+330+mirror&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0
    Or a Talbot mirror.

The front lens is PF part number 242.82.160.0.0.

11. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    Darren gave up a few years ago and sold off all his 330 accumulations to GTO Engineering.

12. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Sorry to hear that, he was a miracle worker with finding damaged "beyond hope" parts and bringing them back to perfection. Hope he is doing well.

13. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Very sorry to hear that news... I doubt he just 'gave up' given his travails.

14. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Thanks for the word, Kerry.
    That's distressing. Darren was a wonder in the determination, accomplishment and detailing of his project. I hope his health problems are in the past and I sincerely hope the sale of his 330 was a financial boon for him.

kerrari likes this.
  15. cccnorton

cccnorton Rookie

Jul 11, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Norton
    Thank you for the information! I haven't been able to find one yet but hopefully I will come across one shortly. Thank you for your assistance.

16. torquespeak

torquespeak Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Given there were posts earlier in this thread positing questions about where a chassis identity 'lives' (not in the literal sense), I thought I'd share this post from the DVLA (in charge of registrations / vehicle database in the UK).

I asked very specifically about someone cutting out a section of chassis with the stamping to assume an ID, and was told in no uncertain terms that the *original* cars keeps the legal identity regardless:

-Ed

17. Darren C

Darren C Formula Junior

Feb 3, 2011
    Chichester, UK
    UPDATE

The 330LM replica was completed a while ago by Bell Sport & Classic having been purchased unfinished in an estate sale. They were unaware the rest of the car was still in existence including the front half of the chassis that came with my car.
    Interestingly the part built replica came in the sale and until very recently a matching numbers engine!
    The original 6727 engine block froze in the early 70's and was replaced so its NOT been matching numbers for 50 yrs, but BS & C wouldn't have know that until they read my info on the registry. hmmmm
    Then only last week "someone" updated the registry with another engine number that the replica now has (so its not matching numbers any more) hmmmm

The 300LM replica has my VIN number, but on a mostly new GTO Engineering chassis (as the original was twisted and the guy who originally cut it out 6727 told me it wasn't any good when they started the replica build, so a deal was done with Mark Lyons to supply a new chassis in return for the remains of the car to part out. hmmmm

The 330LM has featured in many magazines

I still own the majority of the car complete with the front section of the original chassis as it left the factory a 330GT 2+2 Series 1 in white with black interior

readplays likes this.