McLaren 600 LT!? | FerrariChat

McLaren 600 LT!?

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by iloveferrari, Jul 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Just Google image the car. I am surprised based on how it looks, the car is priced quite aggressively. I do love the aero. In all honesty, if this car is naturally aspirated, I would get it. Do you think if Ferrari feels like they need to create one more segment of sport cars below 488 to combat the McLaren for lower end sport cars? This LT is only one year run.

Youtube video:

2. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
  3. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
  4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Meh....yawn...

stavura and boobernackle like this.
  5. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Flames!!!! I want Flames!!!

6. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts

Blue flames from exhaust are a built in feature.

I know it has been said before in different ways but a conversation yesterday with my 11 year old grandson was interesting.
    He knows every make and model of "interesting" car.
    We saw a parked McLaren and I asked what it was.Answer "I think it is a 650S but honestly grandad don't even think about buying one because they all look the same and nobody knows which is which"

7. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    You may be right but the next Mclaren will be something completely different. I have a spy photo :

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    I just simply do not care for any car they make. Just can’t get into the aesthetic of the brand. I understand they perform very well but for me the look and design of a car is as important.

Clay512TR and wrs like this.
  9. cb804

cb804 Karting

May 8, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Carmen B.
    Your grandson is a very smart kid!!!

10. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #10 Shadowfax, Jul 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Actually I think I prefer the Batmobile. At least the flames come out the back and there is no shocking turbo lag! I suspect the lag will be even worse if they up the boost to get a bit more out of the same unit. If only Mac could make a decent engine you might be able to live with the fact no one knows what it is most the time.

11. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    Just like the standard 570s, I don't find this car appealing in any way.

Clay512TR and Shadowfax like this.
  12. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I drove the 570 for an extended test drive. Hated the turbo lag. I like the concept of the car but have better things to spend 250k on.

Shadowfax likes this.
  13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Yeah the engine is a definite fail....pity really. It could have been so much better.

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Damn, you guys are tough crowd, but I also wanted that bat car with the flaming exhaust. Lol.

Fine, let this thread die! :)

15. howydo

howydo Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2009
    I have driven the 570s extensively. Although it does have lag, it’s still a great car especially for the money. The car is ridged, very fast, corners well and feels planted and has imo a cool design and doors. The engine is very powerful (as fast or faster than a 488GTB) but the sound isn’t that great. Don’t discount Mclaren as they are progressing rapidly and coming out with some amazing cars. The competition is good for us as it raises the performance bar for all the competition.

SoCal to az, shawdut and tekaefixe like this.
  16. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    the current model lineup: 570s, 720s and Senna really do not look alike...even their interiors are a stark contrast.

17. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Mclaren is a huge asset for the exotic car afficionado as it pushes the envelope for Ferrari and Lamborghini. Everyone benefits as nothing promotes better products than competition.

JAM1, nmcclure, shawdut and 3 others like this.
  18. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Currently have a deposit on a 600lt. It’s the first Mclaren that has caught my eye. $240K base price although it jumps to $280K very easily with a tick of few options.

Couple things that irked me is that literally every paint color except silver is an upcharge. Also if you want certain carbon fiber options, you have to add a ton of other carbon that you may not necessarily want.

19. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
  20. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Shadowfax likes this.
  21. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    If I owned a 650, which thankfully I don't, I'd be happy enough - putting the significant and inevitable losses aside - just to be able to offload it period!

600LT will throw a cat amongst the pigeons with 720S and then 720LT will do the same to 600LT and then the newer versions will do the same again to both and so it goes on and on.. Too many new models...

That said I do think the 600LT will be an exciting track type performance machine if it has been rid of the dreadful turbo lag. It's not nearly as ugly as 720 either and it does sound very good going by the recent FOS vids. One's things for certain though, If I owned a 720S i'd be looking to junk out of it pronto! The bath on that thing is not gonna be pretty.

MANDALAY and Shack like this.
  22. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    I’m looking forward to seeing soon, 600LT. Looks aggressive. McLaren race school showed the strengths of the brand. Certainly opened my options into getting one.

23. spourreza

spourreza Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2013
    Mount Olive Twp, NJ
    Full Name:
    S.Pourreza
    so far, the 720, two years into the model year, have not followed the typical depreciation curve....its held its value fairly well....

dustman likes this.
  24. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Not "down under". Its dropped pretty bad but remember we pay HUGE tax so maybe thats why

25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I don’t think in this context ‘alike’ means identical. For example the rear of the 12C, 650 and 675 are very similar. The front of the P1, 650, 675 and even the 540 and 570 are very similar. The rear of the 720 is influenced by the P1 but the front language was unique...until the Senna arrived. But mainly the same tub and engine feed all their cars giving the same proportions which, when added to a certain type of flamboyant design, gives the feeling that they all look the same - which is not to say identical.

There is nothing they can do about it really. Both Ferrari and Lamborghini have three distinct platforms/layouts and the cost and customer base for these have been managed over a long period. McLaren is still a relative newcomer. It is what it is, not necessarily a criticism but a fact. Soon though, it will be time for them to offer something different rather than yet another variation on the same layout and tub. But I suspect they are in a challenging financial position and that will mean sweating the existing developments still further.